Felix over Reggie Bush, any day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2315036 said:
I think it's stupid Bruce Read can't coach special teams, sometimes there is just no place for him to go

excuse me, I should have said that's oftentimes

I definetely wont argue that.

juck

Reaction score
Felix is very fast but not as fast as Bush.But Felix is a better RB in general.

QT

Reaction score
juckie;2315087 said:
Felix is very fast but not as fast as Bush.But Felix is a better RB in general.

That is a fair statement. Felix ran a 4.47? at the combine, I think Reggie ran faster....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Felix should be, at the very least "displayed" on EVERY series. Instill the FEAR in defenses.... even if only by Intimidation by Representation! :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
bush is still overrated, dante hall returned some punts too, it didnt make him a great receiver. bush is overrated because people made it seem like, from the moment he joined the league, he was a top running back. there are at least 15-20 running backs i would rather have than him, and two of them are on our team.

QT

Reaction score
I love people that think like you. Pass Bush on down. He's over hyped not over rated. There is a difference. Let's get that straight.

MC KAos

Reaction score
before you ask ill just post them, in no particular order....

barber
felix
tomlinson
peterson
chester taylor
jones-drew
fred taylor
westbrook
jacobs
portis
the rookie for the titans
ronnie brown
michael turner
frank gore
larry johnson...i can probably keep going but ill stop there

MC KAos

Reaction score
QuanTran;2315149 said:
I love people that think like you. Pass Bush on down. He's over hyped not over rated. There is a difference. Let's get that straight.

last time i checked, this is a football forum, not fantasy football. as much as he helps his team with punt returns he hurts his team just as much with weak runs inside the tackles and he is a weakness defenses dont have to worry about during games when it comes to running inside the tackles, thats pretty pathetic for an NFL "star" running back

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Bush just isn't a very good running back. He's good at everything else (returns, pass catching). He's just not very good at running out of the backfield.

What did he average tonight on the ground? About 2.7? That's not far behind his career average.

He reminds me of Vick a little bit. The league's best athlete, but a guy that's almost out of position because he can't do the most basic things required out of his position (with Vick it was through the air, Bush it is on the ground).

I'd love to have him on my team. He'd be fun to put in the slot, put on returns, and hand the ball to 3-5 times on some gadget plays. But he's not a starting running back in the NFL. He's one of the best weapons, no doubt; he's just not a starting running back.

As for the Felix vs. Reggie debate, Felix is the better runner out of the backfield, but Bush is the better player at this stage with his versatility. We haven't seen Garrett creatively use Felix in the passing game, so assuming he could do what Bush does is purely hypothetical.

QT

Reaction score
I stopped reading after you not knowing Chris Johnson's name. I don't know about Chester and LJ. The same LJ with 2 yards yesterday?

Again, you guys can bash on Bush all day til the end of his career. I will just smile and watch him make me money....

QT

Reaction score
MC KAos;2315157 said:
last time i checked, this is a football forum, not fantasy football. as much as he helps his team with punt returns he hurts his team just as much with weak runs inside the tackles and he is a weakness defenses dont have to worry about during games when it comes to running inside the tackles, thats pretty pathetic for an NFL "star" running back

Peace out bro. Reggie has made me hyper again. Time to hit the gym. :)

MC KAos

Reaction score
QuanTran;2315165 said:
I stopped reading after you not knowing Chris Johnson's name. I don't know about Chester and LJ. The same LJ with 2 yards yesterday?

Again, you guys can bash on Bush all day til the end of his career. I will just smile and watch him make me money....

i didnt know the name of a rookie five weeks into the season, sorry i have a life outside of football i cant learn everyones names. the same lj that is in the top five for the year in rushing yards, on a terrible team, ya that would be him. as for bush, like i said, he might be a fantasy machine for you, but this isnt about fantasy football, its about real life football, he isnt an elite rb like he has been made out to be by the media before he even stepped on an NFL field, thats all im arguing about.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If it were just about the running game then I'd take Felix 100 times out of 100 over Bush. But when you factor in the passing game and the punt returns....that makes it a little more tough.

Don't get me wrong I love Felix, and I'm not saying I'd trade him, but I don't think I'd be awful upset with having Reggie Bush on this team. :p

Audiman

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2314927 said:
Felix any day. Felix is a football player, not a media wannabe primadonna who won't run inside.

Jones runs outside just as much as Bush does and his big touchdown runs have been outside runs. they both score points...

seriously, 2 punt returns for TDs! I guess that means he isn't a football player...:rolleyes:

MC KAos

Reaction score
its just one game, he isnt consistently scoring tds off punts and kickoffs. even hambrick had his moments (180+ yards against the skins!!). im just stating my opinion that he is vastly overrated by the media who annointed him the next gale sayers before he even stepped a foot on the field. if it wasnt for his hype and he was from some small school he wouldnt be viewed any better that darren sproles(sp) who i think would have similar numbers given the same amount of opportunities. im not trying to ruffle anyones feathers that are bush fans, i just think he is very overrated

QT

Reaction score
MC KAos;2315276 said:
its just one game, he isnt consistently scoring tds off punts and kickoffs. even hambrick had his moments (180+ yards against the skins!!). im just stating my opinion that he is vastly overrated by the media who annointed him the next gale sayers before he even stepped a foot on the field. if it wasnt for his hype and he was from some small school he wouldnt be viewed any better that darren sproles(sp) who i think would have similar numbers given the same amount of opportunities. im not trying to ruffle anyones feathers that are bush fans, i just think he is very overrated

I guess you don't remember the Cowboys playing the Saints? You know, the time we were overhyped, maybe over-rated. That year we beat the undefeated Colts. Then the Saints came to town. We were favored by double digits. You don't remember a guy named REGGIE BUSH going wild on us? How bout the FB that caught like 3 TDs on us? Now you remember that game?

Blair Thomas and Lawrence Phillips are over rated and many other high first round RB picks that couldn't stay in the league more then a couple of years. They couldn't produce in this league more then a few years (if that). Bush has developed into a game changer. Again, how is that over-rated? Tonight, he almost brought the Saints back by himself. How is that over-rated? I give up.

Have a splendid night. :)

playmakers

Reaction score
Put Felix in Denver and give him the starter carries and if he stays healthy he would push the 2000 yard mark. With that being said, hes here in Dallas and running behind Barber. I think this question should be first asked, should Felix start over Barber? We have a speacil player here with speed in pads that only maybe 5 players in the whole league might have. As for Reggie comparison, Reggie leads the league in catches and this year he is finally taken off. He will be a 1,000 1,000 guy. I say hold off that comparison for another season or two.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ninja;2314800 said:
I wouldn't trade Felix Jones for Reggie Bush straight up. What a steal we got with Felix. McFadden was right: We Cowboy fans wll be very happy with Felix.

Wade and Red have to figure a way to get the Ball to Felix enough times. Start with a screen pass to Felix.

This is the thread of the month :bow:

I agree 100 percent.......especially at the rb position