Ferguson attributes his success to working with Dak after practice

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad there wasn't too much of a drop off once Jason Witten retired. We saw a little bit of production from Dalton Schultz before he left to the Texans via free agency, but Jake Ferguson has been more complete by being good both in the pass and run blocking. This was barely Ferguson's 2nd year. Looking forward to his 3rd year in 2024.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We need another TE just like him
I don't really ever recall Dallas taking advantage of a 2 TE system. Honestly, not very many NFL teams at all. I only recall Belichick with Gronk and Hernandez.

We have had the talent level. Sitting on the bench. We had Schultz with Witten. We had Hernandez with Schultz.

This really makes me wonder if it is all Schoonmaker or not.

With a lack of WR talent/depth you would think this would be a no brainer to explore.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
A player putting in work after practice :oops: if this were to happen more often than not, the mentality of the entire team would change. Players working and helping other players after practice was a common theme in the 90s. One can only hope that other players will see the benefit of putting in a little extra work.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's just scratching the surface ........... He plays with a chip on his shoulder. It's safe to say he's locking down the starting TE position for the 5-6 years.
I agree, but they need to figure out how to get Schoonmaker involved at the same time.

Teams are not built to defend 2 effective TE's in the passing game.

Swagger

Reaction score
Every NFL QB should have a football field in his back yard heck after all those Playoff/SB wins Dakko and his Disciples have had you figure it would be mandatory by now?????:muttley:
P.S. Just another PR show..................oh did you hear the one where Dak saved a busload of children? :muttley:
:laugh:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Credit Dak for working diligently with Ferguson. Mutual performance benefits arise. I don't think Ferguson has a chip on his shoulder. He has the pursuit of excellence in his mind.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't really ever recall Dallas taking advantage of a 2 TE system. Honestly, not very many NFL teams at all. I only recall Belichick with Gronk and Hernandez.

We have had the talent level. Sitting on the bench. We had Schultz with Witten. We had Hernandez with Schultz.

This really makes me wonder if it is all Schoonmaker or not.

With a lack of WR talent/depth you would think this would be a no brainer to explore.
its not a base offense scheme, given the emphasis on down field passing and speedier players. but if you have two good TEs, then maybe 30% of the time, can give defenses some headache. but the emphasis is on two good TEs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine that. Putting in the work paying off. This is what Dak should be demanding with any pass catcher on the in season roster. Coaches don't get enough time with players on the field. Growth comes from all the extra time players put in.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everything is great until he's out for the season with an injury!! Typical cowboys stud on the rise!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine that. Putting in the work paying off. This is what Dak should be demanding with any pass catcher on the in season roster. Coaches don't get enough time with players on the field. Growth comes from all the extra time players put in.
How hard is it doing simple dump off passes all day, I guess he and the WR's aren't doing much

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How hard is it doing simple dump off passes all day, I guess he and the WR's aren't doing much
I don't want to down play anyone willing to put in the work regardless how easy we think it is. Imagine if Dak and CD took the post season seriously enough to prepare for greenbay. This is the stuff that should be encouraged and really demanded out of the highly paid professionals.