Ferguson attributes his success to working with Dak after practice

Motorola

Reaction score
He's just scratching the surface ........... He plays with a chip on his shoulder. It's safe to say he's locking down the starting TE position for the 5-6 years.
Credit Dak for working diligently with Ferguson. Mutual performance benefits arise. I don't think Ferguson has a chip on his shoulder. He has the pursuit of excellence in his mind.
I agree with 'cowboyed' -plus he plays with an attitude- gets in
opponents' faces who want to confront him after plays.
Could see Ferguson being selected as a team captain during games next season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't be on a high horse as post Packers loss I had a little extra sarcasm/satire/mockery of the team. Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones...
that being said, it's going to be a long offseason here.
The past two years with the close losses to the 49ers was tough, but the beatdown to the Packers+ new deals to player, potentially, it's going to be a lot trying to find faults in any story posted.

It was very nice bump we saw in production from Ferguson and to me he seems like a guy that will want to try to take it to another level next year. Definitely a favorite player of mine on this team
Nothing wrong with criticism as long as it's fair and rational. We all do it. That's part of fandom too. But things like finding fault in Dak & Ferguson working together in the offseason is not fair and rational. There is no rational way to twist that into a negative.

I agree with you on Ferguson. I thought going into the season he had a chance to at least replace what we got from Schultz, but we found he has an attitude and a level of toughness that seems to go beyond what Schultz had. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets 900+ yards next season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, all QB's. A good running game shouldering some of the burden and taking some of the pressure off the passing game helps any QB regardless of whether the QB is low level, elite, or somewhere in between
Also makes play action more effective.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ferguson is fearless. He isn't scared of big games. Nothing is too big for him. He craves bigtime moments. He needs involved in the offense more. I wish the rest of the team had his attitude.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Ferguson is fearless. He isn't scared of big games. Nothing is too big for him. He craves bigtime moments. He needs involved in the offense more. I wish the rest of the team had his attitude.
That's kind of the job of a TE. Guys like Ferguson you can get in the middle of the draft.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This guy has already become on my favorites. He's the type of bruiser we need more of.
Very refreshing after too many years of Witten dropping like a sack of potatoes. I especially disliked how he would tiptoe out of bounds to avoid contact with players who weighed 50lbs less.

Old fashioned players who had a size advantage would *look* for contact with significantly smaller players. That's how you win games. Anything less is a business decision to sacrifice win probability for personal health and profit. I don't blame players for such less egregious business decisions. But it is just a lot more fun for the fan if they're playing to win.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This guy has already become on my favorites. He's the type of bruiser we need more of.
Sad thing is it seems like our coaching staff had no. Drafting Schoonmaker early and would have most likely drafted a TE in the first if available. Ferguson was literally not part of the game plan for a majority of the season m.

He needs to be targeted 8 -10 times a game. Easily could have hand 100 catches and 1,000+ yards.

70% completion averaging over 10 yards per catch and he punishes DB's. No one wants to tackle kid.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Sad thing is it seems like our coaching staff had no. Drafting Schoonmaker early and would have most likely drafted a TE in the first if available. Ferguson was literally not part of the game plan for a majority of the season m.

He needs to be targeted 8 -10 times a game. Easily could have hand 100 catches and 1,000+ yards.

70% completion averaging over 10 yards per catch and he punishes DB's. No one wants to tackle kid.
He runs looking to make a statement. They don't want that heat.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
sure about that?
Yes. I don't think we've ever seen him stretch the field. He ran a 4.81 40 on fast turf at the combine.. As far as athletics nothing jumps out. He doesn't have abnormally long arms, or big hands. He's a lumbering athlete. He's a typical middle round pick. He's not going to stretch defenses with his sneaky speed click speed or ability to jump high. Nobody will mistake him for being a wide receiver. He's nice at blocking, and catching the ball in the middle of the field. You might get caught up in how he yells at players after he gets hit. Or defend his quarterback by making the tough catches a man his size makes, but there's nothing special there that's going to make other teams knocked down our door in trade for him when guys like him are plentiful in the middle rounds of drafts.