Ferguson attributes his success to working with Dak after practice

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't want to down play anyone willing to put in the work regardless how easy we think it is. Imagine if Dak and CD took the post season seriously enough to prepare for greenbay. This is the stuff that should be encouraged and really demanded out of the highly paid professionals.
It is, and i'm just being a stiff right how, they do this every off season it seems, but how in the hell do we get in games and he's not targeted

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It tugged at my heart strings because we've NEVER heard of players working on their craft.

Oh wait, Brady and his receivers worked out before TC and violated Kovid protocol and it led to a SB appearance.
imagine how great we could be!!! Instead of seeing all the summer workout videos

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Ferguson was pretty fantastic last year. I am sure he will be fantastic again. Can he influence other members of the clown show to do the same? Highly unlikely. Talent is not the issue. Talent has never been the issue.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that's what the receivers should be demanding, for dak to work with him. Enough of his camping with his boys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't want to down play anyone willing to put in the work regardless how easy we think it is. Imagine if Dak and CD took the post season seriously enough to prepare for greenbay. This is the stuff that should be encouraged and really demanded out of the highly paid professionals.
So what you're saying is you know for a fact that Prescott and CD lamb which by the way are two of 53 players and add in the coaching staff just simply took the playoffs for granted because they didn't play well you're saying they didn't prepare and practice hard before the game you know this for a fact just because they got their ***** kicked didn't mean they didn't play hard or prepare well they just got their ***** kicked by the team that did a better job act creating the game plan and then executing it...

I don't see how you could pick out two names on the entire team none of them played well the game plans the coaches all the players offense defense I mean where's all the special from the special teams where's the big run backs are we get it seems like penalties you know yeah our field goal kicker is really good and our punter but I'm talking about where's the special place??

The entire team sucked that's a fact picking out two dudes which by the way I know it was mostly in garbage time but CD lamb did have 110 yards receiving he had those two to three drop passes looked like a baby crying on the sideline but I think when they saw that defense come out in the first drive 2nd 3rd 4th ohh 7 drives giving up touchdowns I'd be upset as well because it looked like it was gonna be a long day and no matter how much the offense could have made an effort they probably were going to lose anyway.....

TEAM lost that game from the top down..Not dak and CD alone lol

khiladi

Reaction score
dang, the next thing you know he will be going on camping trips with dak, sort a like Sean Lee.
I guess 1-30 ain't bad. The rest of the receiving crew kept practicing with Dak in his backyard and we were about to strike gold with one of them guys "putting in the work" considering the odds...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How hard is it doing simple dump off passes all day, I guess he and the WR's aren't doing much
That's a ridiculous comment.

First, all pass plays require work to perfect, regardless of distance. In fact, all plays of any kind. It's all part of the offense and the need to run it as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Second, Ferguson averaged more yards per reception in 2023 than Kelce, Hockinson, LaPorta, Engram, Goedert and others.

Third, what indication do you have that he and the WR's didn't do much? Lamb had the best receiving season a Cowboy WR has ever had. Very clearly they were clicking pretty well.

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean we really saw that talent shine when Dak threw two TD passes to him in the last 5 minutes of the Packers game when they were 48-16 and playing against 2nd string.... Imagine if Dak could actually read a defense and find Ferguson when he's not the first read...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean we really saw that talent shine when Dak threw two TD passes to him in the last 5 minutes of the Packers game when they were 48-16 and playing against 2nd string.... Imagine if Dak could actually read a defense and find Ferguson when he's not the first read...
Are you suggesting there was no other point in the season that Ferguson shined or that Dak and Ferguson effectively worked together?

Carson

Reaction score
Fergy is a dawg! Need 52 more or him and Tyler Smith

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every NFL QB should have a football field in his back yard heck after all those Playoff/SB wins Dakko and his Disciples have had you figure it would be mandatory by now?????:muttley:
P.S. Just another PR show..................oh did you hear the one where Dak saved a busload of children? :muttley:
I do not understand why this kinda story bothers people? What has Jake Ferguson done to deserve being mocked?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A player putting in work after practice :oops: if this were to happen more often than not, the mentality of the entire team would change. Players working and helping other players after practice was a common theme in the 90s. One can only hope that other players will see the benefit of putting in a little extra work.
They’ve been doing it for years. It’s why the passing offense is so good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really ever recall Dallas taking advantage of a 2 TE system. Honestly, not very many NFL teams at all. I only recall Belichick with Gronk and Hernandez.

We have had the talent level. Sitting on the bench. We had Schultz with Witten. We had Hernandez with Schultz.

This really makes me wonder if it is all Schoonmaker or not.

With a lack of WR talent/depth you would think this would be a no brainer to explore.
They used 2 and 3 TE sets with Garrett and Linehan. But of course not very well.
Moore got away from it somewhat.

It is not Schoonmaker. Lets wait to see his progress in year 2.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not understand why this kinda story bothers people? What has Jake Ferguson done to deserve being mocked?
It shouldn't. If Ferguson says this helped him, why would any reasonable person find fault in it?

But people like Pappy will always turn even what's a positive story into a negative, no matter how irrational it is to do so.

If you look back, Pappy's history is to disappear from this board when things go well, then reappear when they don't. In the past he has argued that Dak isn't even good enough to be in the NFL. Reasonable people can disagree on whether Dak is the right guy to have behind center to get to the championship. but no reasonable person can claim he isn't even worthy of being in the NFL.

John813

Reaction score
It shouldn't. If Ferguson says this helped him, why would any reasonable person find fault in it?

But people like Pappy will always turn even what's a positive story into a negative, no matter how irrational it is to do so.

If you look back, Pappy's history is to disappear from this board when things go well, then reappear when they don't. In the past he has argued that Dak isn't even good enough to be in the NFL. Reasonable people can disagree on whether Dak is the right guy to have behind center to get to the championship. but no reasonable person can claim he isn't even worthy of being in the NFL.

I can't be on a high horse as post Packers loss I had a little extra sarcasm/satire/mockery of the team. Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones...
that being said, it's going to be a long offseason here.
The past two years with the close losses to the 49ers was tough, but the beatdown to the Packers+ new deals to player, potentially, it's going to be a lot trying to find faults in any story posted.

It was very nice bump we saw in production from Ferguson and to me he seems like a guy that will want to try to take it to another level next year. Definitely a favorite player of mine on this team

Chasing6

Reaction score
They used 2 and 3 TE sets with Garrett and Linehan. But of course not very well.
Moore got away from it somewhat.

It is not Schoonmaker. Let's wait to see his progress in year 2.
History suggests it most likely less Schoonmaker and more the coaching staff figuring out how to properly use him.