Film Music

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
See a lot of good ones.

Some great ones I haven’t seen yet, and all by the underrated James Horner

Long list of classics. This is just a short sample.

Field of Dreams, especially final scene

Glory, fantastic soundtrack from the tranquil scenes to the war scenes

Star Trek II, first one to really make the franchise exciting

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Film music is among my favorite music and today's composers are our answer to classical with John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone, James Newton Howard, Howard Shore and many others but there is one film and with one score that represents the essence of matching film and music more than any other to me because I lived in West Texas for 9 months and never encountered a more desolate place and when I saw the opening credits of this film, I was mesmerized at how they had captured that feeling in music but I did find out that had lived there as well and Peter Berg, the director of "Friday Night Lights", saw the magic created within the music and the film.

The composers are "Explosions in the Sky", an instrumental band in Ft. Worth and if you ever get the chance to see them live, you will hear the most powerful drums in music.

One song does not do justice to how they captured this film with music but the emotive connection is there as I watch the entire film and it truly is the ultimate experience of sight and sound and the senses.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Vangelis
Chariots of Fire
The beach scenes
I have never seen any movie score beat that for perfection of music to scene