Twitter: FILM - Parsons Impact

JBS

Reaction score
I agree. It's not like there are any threads mocking those wanting him to pass rush and claiming when he rushes less he's still making the same kind of impact.

that’s not the same. Just bc he doesn’t rush every single play doesn’t mean that’s what they think.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I agree. It's not like there are any threads mocking those wanting him to pass rush and claiming when he rushes less he's still making the same kind of impact.

The point of this thread is that he WAS rushing yesterday. It seemed as though there were thoughts that he wasn't rushing the passer. He was clearly impacting plays when he did as well.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I loved that Red Zone stop where he totally screwed up their pick play. It was so instinctual that I thought he was just covering his guy until I saw the replay.

That should had been a penalty.
The WR looked more like his was run blocking instead of inadvertently running into our CB.

gmb1

Reaction score
I'm loving this defense and Micah had that QB pressure which led to the Diggs INT. We're doing all this on the road. I'm getting more optimistic about our chances since the rest of the NFC doesn't look like world beaters.

Creeper

Reaction score
Saying that not using Parsons to rush the passer is a mistake is no different than saying blitzing Deion Sanders instead of putting him in coverage is a mistake. Parsons is already a great pass rusher who can disrupt an opponents offense. Of course you want him to do that. That doesn't mean he can't do other things but his impact is greatest when he is harassing QBs.

Against the Giants, the pass rush was inconsistent at best. Glennon had some pockets that allowed him a lot of time to scan the field, set and throw. Dak wishes he had that much time to throw. But other than a few plays from Lawrence, where was everyone else? The Giants have an okay offensive line but it is not great. This is where I think the Cowboys missed Odighizuwa. He as the ability to beat OGs and penetrate to cause pressure.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah's greatest impact is as a pass rusher. Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand the game.
Lol! You always make me laugh...may be his greatest impact but not his only impact.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that’s not the same. Just bc he doesn’t rush every single play doesn’t mean that’s what they think.

Now you're the one who is actually inventing a stance.

Nobody said he should rush on every play.

Try to be informed before you respond to me.

JBS

Reaction score
Now you're the one who is actually inventing a stance.

Nobody said he should rush on every play.

Try to be informed before you respond to me.

I’m not creating any stance. There is literally nobody that suggests parsons is better playing off the ball and not rushing the passer. Nobody. This thread, as you already singled out, doesn’t say that either. If you knew what you were talking about you would understand why parsons is as successful as he is. And it’s not bc he plays DE every snap.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One thing I would have done differently is bluff him more as a pass rusher. Just have him charge at the line early in a snap count before dropping back to his linebacker spot. I think that would put a lot of stress on the offensive line. On a lot of plays it's easy to read that he's going to be a linebacker instead of pass rusher based on pre-snap alignment and lack of any forward lean or movement. We should always create concern that he might be a pass rusher on any given play.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not creating any stance. There is literally nobody that suggests parsons is better playing off the ball and not rushing the passer. Nobody. This thread, as you already singled out, doesn’t say that either. If you knew what you were talking about you would understand why parsons is as successful as he is. And it’s not bc he plays DE every snap.

Once again you're living in the fantasy land where I am advocating Micah should line up stationary as a down DE every play.

I'm guessing you're doing this because you're one of these geniuses who think coverage is as impactful as pass rush. It isn't. Micah should never be anything other than a predominant pass rusher.

JBS

Reaction score
Once again you're living in the fantasy land where I am advocating Micah should line up stationary as a down DE every play.

I'm guessing you're doing this because you're one of these geniuses who think coverage is as impactful as pass rush. It isn't. Micah should never be anything other than a predominant pass rusher.

I didn’t say that. And I don’t agree w that (coverage as impactful). I’ve already stated that he’s far more valuable rushing the passer. Heck, look at the video above. He did rush the passer and he was very successful doing it. That’s what he does best. I’m not sure why you think I or anyone else think otherwise. I’ve said it 5x now. Nobody thinks otherwise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or cover. He’s faster than Diggs and Lewis, plus he has a nearly 36” vertical.

The point is that he can confuse the offense and be used in ways they can’t anticipate. Offense puts a player in to block him specifically, then he drops into coverage and the offense is suddenly playing with 10 men.

I trust Quinn to figure out how to use #11 better than any Monday morning QB on a fan site.

WE MUST DO BETTER!! We gave up six points yesterday. Inexcusable.

Side Note: I’m old and have a short memory, but b/c it was only 2 weeks ago, I remember all the ‘fan’ hate after we ‘only’ beat the Saints by 10 at their joint. Can you imagine if we’d lost or, god forbid, got shut out, especially at home?? The ‘fans’ here would be losing their minds. We covered that week, fwiw.

Second Side Note: We were a 2 point play away from being the #1 seed right now.
:hammer:this^^^^^:popcorn:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Or cover. He’s faster than Diggs and Lewis, plus he has a nearly 36” vertical.

The point is that he can confuse the offense and be used in ways they can’t anticipate. Offense puts a player in to block him specifically, then he drops into coverage and the offense is suddenly playing with 10 men.

I trust Quinn to figure out how to use #11 better than any Monday morning QB on a fan site.

WE MUST DO BETTER!! We gave up six points yesterday. Inexcusable.

Side Note: I’m old and have a short memory, but b/c it was only 2 weeks ago, I remember all the ‘fan’ hate after we ‘only’ beat the Saints by 10 at their joint. Can you imagine if we’d lost or, god forbid, got shut out, especially at home?? The ‘fans’ here would be losing their minds. We covered that week, fwiw.

Second Side Note: We were a 2 point play away from being the #1 seed right now.

I get your point, but I feel him rushing has a much bigger impact on the game. He wrecked the game against Washington.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence Taylor did not rush the passer all the time and ended up with a pretty decent career as I recall and the Giants had some success.