Video: Film Study: Cowboys' Damone Clark Showed Massive Upside vs. Bears

Qcard

Reaction score
Wow!! GREAT CONTENT!!:clap:

Clark's recognition that he had the flats on the last play featured:hammer:

How often do we see LVE or any other average LB get caught looking and end up tailgating the RB into the Endzone.

I hope Quinn resets the Defense at the Bye and puts roles up for grabs. Watching LVE's run fits in traffic is nerve raking for a guy that size!!

If LVE simply engaged and fell.down...the pile up would clog a running lane.

But Damone looks promising

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This guy is a total idiot! Sorry but I have questioned his previous videos because it's clear he picks favorites and actually lies in order to prop them up, instead of being honest and calling those particular players out for messing up on those particular plays. This guy is totally wrong by deflecting blame on Damone Clark, even though we can all see Clark was responsible for those costly plays. Then this fool interpreter has the audacity to say that everyone questioning him are wrong but he is right just because he says so, even though once again, the tape is proving him wrong.

rambo2

Reaction score
This guy is a total idiot! Sorry but I have questioned his previous videos because it's clear he picks favorites and actually lies in order to prop them up, instead of being honest and calling those particular players out for messing up on those particular plays. This guy is totally wrong by deflecting blame on Damone Clark, even though we can all see Clark was responsible for those costly plays. Then this fool interpreter has the audacity to say that everyone questioning him are wrong but he is right just because he says so, even though once again, the tape is proving him wrong.
Keep in mind that it was Clark's first game. The Cowboys are very high on him.

Ken

Reaction score
I didn't see this the way you are describing it.

I understood the gap assignment arguments and, on the TD run, that was absolutely a hold on Clark.

Ken

Reaction score
Wow, this will be a bonus for the last half of the season.

Just really impressed with Clark's first EVER NFL game action coming off Neck freaking surgery!

He definitely has a suddenness about him that is apparent when comparing him to LVE. The block shedding is also apparent.

Picture this guy, along with Micah and Sam on our front 7 in a few weeks.

We have upgraded the team's speed and athleticism 10 fold in a couple of years.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I did not watch the video, I will wait for Voch to review Clark but for someone to come of the bench cold, Clark played ok. I want to see more especially when Quinn has a plan for him. You see the talent the chase down of Fields was impressive.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Keep in mind that it was Clark's first game. The Cowboys are very high on him.
Agreed, not only is this his first game, but the guy has barely even practiced. The fact he played at all this early shows how high the Cowboys are on him. Really he can't be going off much more than natural instincts and raw talent. I'm excited to see what his play may look like come week 15 or so.

rambo2

Reaction score
Agreed, not only is this his first game, but the guy has barely even practiced. The fact he played at all this early shows how high the Cowboys are on him. Really he can't be going off much more than natural instincts and raw talent. I'm excited to see what his play may look like come week 15 or so.
He certainly was a top 100 guy in the draft. Based on his ability and character. A great guy to have on the team.

JBS

Reaction score

let’s see your tape breakdown

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I dont know the responsibilities or assignments of players on any given play...

I did see that he praised Clark for going over the top on an OLineman to get to a play and then saying LVE was wrong for going over the top on another play. I dont know if it was a double standard by Youtuber or not.

I wish he would make more reasonable takes on his thumbnails. Seems like everyone is a Generational Talent to him. Would like to see more videos highlighting negative plays or players that might not being doing well.

I think this guy has mentioned in a couple of other videos a breakdown of how many good plays vs bad plays the player had based on snap counts...but he should include that in every video. "So and So, imo, had 6 bad snaps out of 30 he was able to be involved in. So and So had a total of 48 snaps this game". Is that so hard to do if you are reviewing every snap? Seems like if you are reviewing tape that is the very first thing you are doing is good snaps vs bad snaps ratio.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This was Clark's debut and already he sheds blockers better than LVE. He is also looking to attack the LOS and filling his gap responsibility rather than sitting back like LVE does. This is instinct and something hard to teach to LBs. Sure he was not perfect....but then like i said it's his first freaking game. I like what i saw in him. Great speed and instincts. Looking forward to seeing him process these plays in the second half of the season.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
I know this a Clark thread, but I just wonder what the deal is with Jabril Cox. I saw a lot to be excited in his rookie year. Perhaps he's not completely healthy?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know this a Clark thread, but I just wonder what the deal is with Jabril Cox. I saw a lot to be excited in his rookie year. Perhaps he's not completely healthy?
Looking at Parsons, Barr, LVE, and Clark it appears that Quinn like big physical linebackers. Cox is a little light in the pants.