Film Study: Cowboys TJ Bass shows major upside vs Lions

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm impressed with Bass and Richards and expect both to come eventual starters. All off season so many were questioning the Cowboys depth at OL and begged for reinforcements to be brought in and thought the lack of depth would be the downfall of this years team. I said then and still say today the Cowboys are in far better shape than most realize. The cupboard isn't bare.

Side note - that video shows another angle of Hendershot and his tripping penalty. :rolleyes:

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm impressed with Bass and Richards and expect both to come eventual starters. All off season so many were questioning the Cowboys depth at OL and begged for reinforcements to be brought in and thought the lack of depth would be the downfall of this years team. I said then and still say today the Cowboys are in far better shape than most realize. The cupboard isn't bare.

Side note - that video shows another angle of Hendershot and his tripping penalty. :rolleyes:
I'm glad we can finally scout lineman again.

J12B

Reaction score
I'm impressed with Bass and Williams and expect both to come eventual starters. All off season so many were questioning the Cowboys depth at OL and begged for reinforcements to be brought in and thought the lack of depth would be the downfall of this years team. I said then and still say today the Cowboys are in far better shape than most realize. The cupboard isn't bare.

Williams? Who's that?

Asim Richard's has looked decent as well at LT.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Been watching him closely all season. He’s ready to start now. I’m so excited about how he’s going to be next year with an offseason in a pro weight room. Wonder if they think he can play center next year? GEM UDFA

rambo2

Reaction score
Even with all the complaining about the draft. The Cowboys actually have a good rookie guard in Bass. The depth in the oline actually held up and the Cowboys are sitting in the division lead and the number 2 spot.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
It'll be a huge deal if this undrafted free agent becomes the quality starter this guy thinks he'll be, especially if it's at center.
Dude, if he’s our center I will freakin rejoice…..our current center just ain’t cutting it.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dude, if he’s our center I will freakin rejoice…..our current center just ain’t cutting it.
Never been that big of a fan of Biadasz at center. He has gotten better but against the more physical defenses he folds like an umbrella. I am glad he has overcome the football snapping yips. He actually is an agile runner for his size but not the stoutest blocker. Would he have fared better at being a defensive tackle?

J-man

Reaction score
I don't want to get to excited and declare him the next great starter on our O-line. But I will say I am very happy with the way this team continues to draft, find and add O-line depth. We've got some really good scouts in that room.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He'll be of starter quality next year.

He's already filled in nicely a couple of times this season.

Easily move Tyler Smith to LT and Bass can be LG.
I don’t know what else needs to happen for people to hear it. Stephen Jones has already said smith is staying at LG. Announcers have said the same thing. Smith is similar to Martin in the fact their skills transfer to guard better than tackle. Bass would be taking Biadasz’ spot if anything.