Video: Film Study on Damone Clark

Mr_437

Reaction score
A big question is can Damone step up in the absence of LVE, moreover, can this Dude take that 2nd year leap?

Opportunity knocks for Clark. I haven't been able to really get a solid look at Clark's game this season, so shout-out to the guy that put this together. How do you see Clark, and what's his role will be moving forward?

T-RO

Reaction score
The tools are all there. Clark gets an 'A' grade for that: Size. Speed. Tackling skill.

The rub? NFL coaches have 100 tricks and think of more each day to fool athletic linebackers. Sometimes they even taunt linebackers: "We'll let you pick A or B. Then we'll take whatever you decide...and make you swallow it as your own poison."

So often now: The chess of football transcends athleticism and playmaker skill.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I see Clark as a JAG. Certainly doesn’t make many impact plays.

And no way he should be wearing #33. That’s blasphemy.
Come on TD wore 33 last century haha. That was the first number I wore in little league because of him.

On topic, so you think the run defense is about to get worse?

pitt33

Reaction score
On topic, so you think the run defense is about to get worse?
Don’t think it will worsen but should be about the same. They’ll have good games against the run and not so good games. Just like every NFL team.

kskboys

Reaction score
The tools are all there. Clark gets an 'A' grade for that: Size. Speed. Tackling skill.

The rub? NFL coaches have 100 tricks and think of more each day to fool athletic linebackers. Sometimes they even taunt linebackers: "We'll let you pick A or B. Then we'll take whatever you decide...and make you swallow it as your own poison."

Huge missing traits: short area quickness and lateral movements. Also listed as slow to recognize route development slow to process info.

Honestly, just never understood the hoopla over this guy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A big question is can Damone step up in the absence of LVE, moreover, can this Dude take that 2nd year leap?

Opportunity knocks for Clark. I haven't been able to really get a solid look at Clark's game this season, so shout-out to the guy that put this together. How do you see Clark, and what's his role will be moving forward?

Just one problem it looks like he's been banged up missing some practice time.. Other problems guy sitting next to him like Jefferson I mean how is that gonna help?? I'll go watch there video maybe I can find something now but he doesn't look like he's been playing that well I mean I'm not saying he's been bad he's just been a ghost you don't hear his name very often he seems very average but maybe as a starter he'll look better I don't know

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well looking at this video it's it's ironic that LVE actually looks a lot better than what you would think when you're watching live games he's in almost every play I mean the negativity he gets from most of us including me I don't think it's warranted I mean he may be a little slower but he is a downhill guy that seems to be at least an improvement over jalen Smith as far as the way he reads and reacts

Mr_437

Reaction score
Well looking at this video it's it's ironic that LVE actually looks a lot better than what you would think when you're watching live games he's in almost every play I mean the negativity he gets from most of us including me I don't think it's warranted I mean he may be a little slower but he is a downhill guy that seems to be at least an improvement over jalen Smith as far as the way he reads and reacts
I agree. I saw some the from LVE and from Clark that was pretty decent LB play.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Huge missing traits: short area quickness and lateral movements. Also listed as slow to recognize route development slow to process info.

I think people got a little too jacked over him when we drafted him. It was solid value, but the reality was he was a day 2 prospect. Not a potential impact type player

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think people got a little too jacked over him when we drafted him. It was solid value, but the reality was he was a day 2 prospect. Not a potential impact type player
actually the jury still out the man was injured he came back and now he's working his way into this defense maybe he will step up and maybe he can be an impact player I mean you write people off he's played a total of what 20 games?? They said that same thing about the player that Philadelphia got that's been on injured revert reserve a lot he's a linebacker I forget his name but he's just now coming back I mean yes this is said about players and maybe they still have that once they value was because they were injured when they get past the injury and they get on the same page on the defense and they increase their load you don't know they could end up being impact players... The whole writing player is off as rookies or in limited play time with too small a sample size gets ridiculous around here... You can see in the video the guy can play now can he be better than this I don't know but saying he can't is ridiculous...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
actually the jury still out the man was injured he came back and now he's working his way into this defense maybe he will step up and maybe he can be an impact player I mean you write people off he's played a total of what 20 games?? They said that same thing about the player that Philadelphia got that's been on injured revert reserve a lot he's a linebacker I forget his name but he's just now coming back I mean yes this is said about players and maybe they still have that once they value was because they were injured when they get past the injury and they get on the same page on the defense and they increase their load you don't know they could end up being impact players... The whole writing player is off as rookies or in limited play time with too small a sample size gets ridiculous around here... You can see in the video the guy can play now can he be better than this I don't know but saying he can't is ridiculous...
The problem is he wasn't as good pre injury as fans him out to be after we drafted. There seemed to be the expectation that he would the 2nd coming of Bobby Wagner, when he was never that caliber player. He was always more of a above average starter caliber player

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Maybe watch the video, if you do you will realize how off you are

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

:hammer: