Twitter: Final Padded Practice in Oxnard Boys 8-15

chagus

Reaction score
well the best/most recent was when DWare was here with Spencer
Spencer was ok, a decent LDE but we could have freaks coming from everywhere this year
Spencers knee was always messed up. But yeah... you're right.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Spencers knee was always messed up. But yeah... you're right.
Spencer was kinda the 3-4 OLB version of what Crawford is at DE- Good run defender, decent pressure guy, not many sacks.
He should have never been the main guy besides Ware- and they never had any depth behind those two.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i have a hard time accepting Woods as a guy to really stand out at 1 tech once regular season hits
maybe im just too skeptical

I think it's understandable to be a bit skeptical. The guys essentially come out of nowhere to be our answer at 1-tech in about a week and a half. But I like everything I've seen this far.

i feel really good about the rest
add Jaylon here and there
i also wonder if putting Maliek at 1 tech was breaking him down?

I've read that it was not having proper support from his shoes but I don't see how pros miss something like that. But any move to the 1-spot does him no favors. He's not the greatest run defender anyway.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Seriously. Can anybody remember a season where the Cowboys had a better DE depth chart from top to bottom? I'm not saying this is the best starting group but I don't remember a deeper one.

I wonder if it’s possible to swing someone like Tapper in trade for a similar high mid round draft pick at DT with some talent who is getting squeezed by numbers also.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dkp60GwX4AE8sF_.jpg:large

Golden Tate 1, Jalen Ramsey 0 :muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
Are we going to see any Gregory tomorrow night or is he still on some sort of restriction?

Sydla

Reaction score
Who said that?

A poster was just making a comment that it's possible we may never see Irving play again here. He might not be wrong.

I am not so sure about that but if one is truly honest about this, its been a pretty bizarre run this offseason. Off the field issues, gets suspended again, then days before camp it gets dropped out of nowhere he won't be there because he has to sort some stuff out, then it's reported he has to go to rehab. He can't practice with the team for September and he already showed up to OTAs out of shape before, so there's no guarantee he's going to be in any kind of shape when he comes off suspension. One of the beat writers was talking about this just yesterday (the tweet is in this thread I believe).

Is it a certainty he will never play again for Dallas? Of course not. Is it a possibility? Sure. Shoot, if he is in rehab for something, we aren't even sure he's going to come out fine.

In the end, it's just disappointing because the kid clearly has upper echelon talent.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sturm on Price, a few days ago:

I think Price is a fringe backup already and could lose his battle on a contract that has no guaranteed money.

He has Woods and Datone Jones ahead of Price.

I'm a big fan of Sturm but I'm not sure I agree with this take.

While I like Jones and hope that he makes this team, I don't think he's really a guy that I want manning the 1-tech spot. Too tall and not enough weight to hold up there in my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A poster was just making a comment that it's possible we may never see Irving play again here. He might not be wrong.

I am not so sure about that but if one is truly honest about this, its been a pretty bizarre run this offseason. Off the field issues, gets suspended again, then days before camp it gets dropped out of nowhere he won't be there because he has to sort some stuff out, then it's reported he has to go to rehab. He can't practice with the team for September and he already showed up to OTAs out of shape before, so there's no guarantee he's going to be in any kind of shape when he comes off suspension. One of the beat writers was talking about this just yesterday (the tweet is in this thread I believe).

Is it a certainty he will never play again for Dallas? Of course not. Is it a possibility? Sure. Shoot, if he is in rehab for something, we aren't even sure he's going to come out fine.

In the end, it's just disappointing because the kid clearly has upper echelon talent.

I agree with all of this.

There's no guarantee that Irving ever plays for this team again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spencer was kinda the 3-4 OLB version of what Crawford is at DE- Good run defender, decent pressure guy, not many sacks.
He should have never been the main guy besides Ware- and they never had any depth behind those two.

Never the pass rusher they had hope during for, save for one season as I recall. "Almost Anthony".

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Sturm but I'm not sure I agree with this take.

While I like Jones and hope that he makes this team, I don't think he's really a guy that I want manning the 1-tech spot. Too tall and not enough weight to hold up there in my opinion.
Yeah, I got that one wrong, Stash (about DJones). My bad. I misquoted Sturm, and clarified it in post 226, amigo. :)

JustChip

Reaction score
you gonna let us know about this in every thread or what? lol

how does dove taste anyway? "like chicken"?

Tastes like chicken? No, that's rattlesnake. Dove tastes like pigeon or liver.

I do mine on the barbeque - put a jalapener on the inside of the breast and wrap the whole thing in a thick cut slice of bacon. They're larapin.