Twitter: Final Padded Practice in Oxnard Boys 8-15

JustChip

Reaction score
And you became vegetarian? Neat.
There was a Twilight Zone episode I remember seeing in the 60's (I'm sure it's been around in syndication since) about a guy harvesting plants and he's haunted because they're personified and calling out to him. Helped convince me being a carnivore was ok.

DiResta

Reaction score
I wonder if it’s possible to swing someone like Tapper in trade for a similar high mid round draft pick at DT with some talent who is getting squeezed by numbers also.
i would hope they can get something for the guy if they part ways though it would be a late pick
still something is better than nothing
i like Tapper but his injuries have done in no favors and he might be on the outside looking in

DiResta

Reaction score
And now you just ruined my Saturday night.
sorry bro
hey i thought they played Thursday too :(
until yesterday and im like.... full afternoon practice the day before a game? *looks up schedule* -****

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Tastes like chicken? No, that's rattlesnake. Dove tastes like pigeon or liver.

I do mine on the barbeque - put a jalapener on the inside of the breast and wrap the whole thing in a thick cut slice of bacon. They're larapin.
Don’t forget the cream cheese!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if it’s possible to swing someone like Tapper in trade for a similar high mid round draft pick at DT with some talent who is getting squeezed by numbers also.

Do you think Tapper has any value in a trade? I'd be surprised. I'm interested in moving a DE for a DT though. It makes too much sense with the current state of the roster.

Sydla

Reaction score
Do you think Tapper has any value in a trade? I'd be surprised. I'm interested in moving a DE for a DT though. It makes too much sense with the current state of the roster.

Wait, so my Tapper for Thomas trade won't work?

Sydla

Reaction score

I am curious to see what names are floating out there.

Hankins is one in FA but it's pretty apparent Marinelli and the front office have no desire to bring that type of DT in.

BTB had some names like Brockers, who I actually like, but I wouldn't want him at that salary. I think you mentioned a couple of guys in San Fran.

All I know is that they absolutely could get better at the 1T, even if Woods turns out be decent.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am going back on Brockers.

I just looked at his contract and I mistakenly thought his cap number was his salary.

He's due only $5MM (it's guaranteed) for 2018. He carries only $750M in prorated bonus for 2019 and a salary of $7.7MM with roster bonus of $2.2MM. Cowboys could cut him after 2018 and he'd only result in $750M in dead money.

I would gladly take Brockers at the 1T at $5MM this year. Although he starts for them at DE in their 3-4 so why would they trade him?

DiResta

Reaction score
I am curious to see what names are floating out there.

Hankins is one in FA but it's pretty apparent Marinelli and the front office have no desire to bring that type of DT in.

BTB had some names like Brockers, who I actually like, but I wouldn't want him at that salary. I think you mentioned a couple of guys in San Fran.

All I know is that they absolutely could get better at the 1T, even if Woods turns out be decent.
see this is so ******* weird
lets just assume they discuss the defense in detail (the predraft type discussion) and break down positive & negatives, during this analysis which includes Will McClay you have Marinelli explaining why a bulldozer wont work at 1 tech
youre telling me not a single person in that room since what 2013? has ever said 'i dont know, the Giants, Vikings, Eagles, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Texans.... ANY STOUT DEFENSE take your pick have dominant 1 techs or put a premium on them and they are very effective'
not once did they ever say, you know we outta give this Damon Harrison impact a look
lets sign a guy and see how it affects our team. we can give it a 1 year trial run. theres guys out there that likely had a year left in the tank. how about Haloti Ngata? that would have been a good test
but no
know where that guy is now? the Eagles
**** is making me annoyed just thinking about it

DiResta

Reaction score
I am going back on Brockers.

I just looked at his contract and I mistakenly thought his cap number was his salary.

He's due only $5MM (it's guaranteed) for 2018. He carries only $750M in prorated bonus for 2019 and a salary of $7.7MM with roster bonus of $2.2MM. Cowboys could cut him after 2018 and he'd only result in $750M in dead money.

I would gladly take Brockers at the 1T at $5MM this year. Although he starts for them at DE in their 3-4 so why would they trade him?
abandon all hope ye who enter here
were not getting our tackle
i dont understand it
but dwelling on it is frustrating