CFZ Final Roster Thoughts by positional group!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Are you able to play a third QB if injuries haven't occurred to the first two? I thought they either had to be on the 45 man gameday roster or used in emergency situations only
I believe they would have to dress all 3 as active.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Short Yardage:

Trey Lance in the Wildcat...

Seriously.
Once you start that then Dak's insecurities start and you may create a disaster. We know he has insecurities, we saw them with his comments about Rush last year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not a terrible summary, but I am so sick of hearing about short-yardage RBs.

THEY DO NOT MATTER. Good offenses don't have them.
Lol right! Also CAN HE BLOCK!...lol, how bout we use our RB's to make plays in any situation, crazy idea ...

Havic

Reaction score
TE position is way better this year and will do much better than Schultz imo.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Not a terrible summary, but I am so sick of hearing about short-yardage RBs.

THEY DO NOT MATTER. Good offenses don't have them.
The press was giving Elliot every benefit of the doubt last year. They bash the Cowboys so much but would not bash Elliot. They kept saying "he'll get you that 1 yard when you need a first down or TD" I kept thinking big deal. Glad Jerry saw the light about him.

starfan1

Reaction score
You are afraid of injuries. The Cowboys have one the best offensive lines and secondaries in the NFL. I like Richards at left tackle, will be the starter next season. Best secondary we have had since 95. No team can compete with Diggs, Gilmore, Bland, Lewis and Isreal as cornerbacks depth. Linebacker is the only real concern but the Cowboys have the ultimate weapon Parsons who can play the position in a pinch.
secondary yes offensive line No. They are suspect to the rush in the passing game. OL and LB are a concern and possibly kicking game

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you able to play a third QB if injuries haven't occurred to the first two? I thought they either had to be on the 45 man gameday roster or used in emergency situations only
Good question.
I think they can have them come in the game. But the other two QBs will not be aloud to re-enter the game.

I can see this situation if they have a huge lead, and want to get Trey some snaps in, as Cooper would not really need them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Found this.

The player designated as the emergency QB can not take the field unless both the starting and backup QB (QB2) are injured, and if either of the latter are medically cleared to return to the game, the emergency QB (QB3) must be removed from the contest (only to return if the first two QBs are again made unavailable due to injury).

So I am probably wrong on my theory they could play him.

Also it said the QB must be on the active 53 man roster. And not activated from the PS.
Therefore how many teams will carry a full time 3rd QB on the roster now. As Some fans have been whining Lance takes up a roster spot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once you start that then Dak's insecurities start and you may create a disaster. We know he has insecurities, we saw them with his comments about Rush last year.
I think it is our fans have insecurities over Dak being good this season. :laugh:

I am pretty sure he has no insecurities about his play on the field. You can tell he is confident.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
QB- Top 5 group in the leegue.
RB- Interesting group. TP as bell cow, Rico as short yardage, Deuce as change of pace guy. Hunter likely inactive for now.
WR- Top 5 group. Lamb and Gallup will be vastly improved, Cooks is an elite speed guy and they have some quality young depth with Tolbert, Turpin and Brooks.
TE- Worth monitoring but need some health boosts here. Schoon already had injury and Ferg had concussion woes last year.
OL-So very good if healthy but so very thin. Hopefully they have Peters on speed dial... and don't need it.

DL-Elite, elite group. More run stopping power than last year with same pass rush mad group.
LB- A lot of weight on the wolf hunter's shoulders here to stay healthy. with DQ is might not matter but paper thin.
CB- Best group in football. not only very good with starters but Bland and Lewis as back-ups are embarrassment of riches.
S- Really good group. Flex all over so can play 3-4 guys at a time.

K-Rookie so we will see if he can handle pressure but team is good enough to put up a ton of points, win by a decent margin and not stress him early on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak will be fine this season. It is that game in the playoffs that will seal his fate again!
Well, you really can’t say that until the situation presents itself.
If that does happen again, there will be screams for Lance.
including me. :laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Being placed on IR Tuesday means that Ball will miss at least the first four weeks of the season, but is eligible to return at any point after that. Ball’s loss is a significant one for the Cowboys, whose depth along the offensive line will be tested the first few weeks of the season.

In the preseason, Ball started the first two games at right guard and the third game at right tackle. That kind of versatility is key for a team to have in the regular season and Ball will certainly be missed.

In his absence, the team could turn to Asim Richards to be their versatile player off the bench. With Matt Waletzko also heading to the IR, the Cowboys are going to be digging deep into their offensive line depth for at least the first month of the season.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...y_update_on_offensive_piece/s1_17150_39197698

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Being placed on IR Tuesday means that Ball will miss at least the first four weeks of the season, but is eligible to return at any point after that. Ball’s loss is a significant one for the Cowboys, whose depth along the offensive line will be tested the first few weeks of the season.

In the preseason, Ball started the first two games at right guard and the third game at right tackle. That kind of versatility is key for a team to have in the regular season and Ball will certainly be missed.

In his absence, the team could turn to Asim Richards to be their versatile player off the bench. With Matt Waletzko also heading to the IR, the Cowboys are going to be digging deep into their offensive line depth for at least the first month of the season.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...y_update_on_offensive_piece/s1_17150_39197698
I have read the Wally is the 4 week PUP, but Ball is done for the season as they didn't put him on the 53 man roster.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well, you really can’t say that until the situation presents itself.
If that does happen again, there will be screams for Lance.
including me. :laugh:
I really don't see ligitimate screams for Lance until he shows at least something next preseason. And given this past preseason, I don't even know how likely that is. They say he is a smart guy and he has the physical skills but that does not always translate to the NFL for some people. He is just so green at the QB position that it is hard to really have a grasp on his chances to make it.