Final Week of Season, Cowboys at Philadelphia

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
True, there are several unknows around the league right now and he and Philly are 1 of those unknowns. As a Cowboy fan I would love nothing more than to see Philly crash and burn but there are some unknown factors in place.

I don’t know if he ends up not being the worst QB in the division, but him starting means we no longer have the league leader in interceptions, league leader in fumbles, and league leader in sacks taken (despite Carson only starting 12 games)...

so our defense not starting every drive in our territory has got to be a big boon and improvement from 2020, right?

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don’t know if he ends up not being the worst QB in the division, but him starting means we no longer have the league leader in interceptions, league leader in fumbles, and league leader in sacks taken (despite Carson only starting 12 games)...

so our defense not starting every drive in our territory has got to be a big boon and improvement from 2020, right?

Didnt hurts fumble a lot last year?

MikeB80

Reaction score
This from a reliable but not “checkmark” NFL schedule leaks Twitter, so grain of salt...

E1Mwj2IX0AMCreP

We’ve got Tom at the Linc on TNF, and Dallas other game is MNF week 3

The eagles finish with a bye then 3 of 4 at home. If they run the ball really well they will be right in it til the end with this schedule

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

In the last 13 seasons, Dallas and Philly have met in the final game 6 times. Every single game involved that year’s division winner.

This will be the 7th time in 14 seasons, the most popular matchup in the league in that span.

We're going to demolish the Eagles!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The eagles finish with a bye then 3 of 4 at home. If they run the ball really well they will be right in it til the end with this schedule

After week 6, 1 team they play won more than 7 games last year, and that’s the saints who no longer have Brees. If they’re halfway decent at all, they could go on a serious run

Reid1boys

Reaction score

In the last 13 seasons, Dallas and Philly have met in the final game 6 times. Every single game involved that year’s division winner.

This will be the 7th time in 14 seasons, the most popular matchup in the league in that span.

and of those previous 6 times the season ended with a Cowboys vs Eagles game, how many of those were in Philly?

MikeB80

Reaction score
After week 6, 1 team they play won more than 7 games last year, and that’s the saints who no longer have Brees. If they’re halfway decent at all, they could go on a serious run

Yea could happen. I believe they will run the ball well and the defensive line is still good. No idea how the players will take to a new staff. If they like him it usually gives teams a bump in energy.

a bye and 3 of 4 at home though is just setting them up for some sort of success, at the minimum at least in those 4 games which could determine the East.

Dre11

Reaction score

and WFT vs Giants is the other nfc east matchup

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yea could happen. I believe they will run the ball well and the defensive line is still good. No idea how the players will take to a new staff. If they like him it usually gives teams a bump in energy.

a bye and 3 of 4 at home though is just setting them up for some sort of success, at the minimum at least in those 4 games which could determine the East.

Check this out, Philly had an awesome season on the dline despite all that happened:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-pass-rush-rankings

take into account they far and away led the league in intereceptions thrown, fumbles by the offense, and sacks taken, our defense was starting drives in our territory over and over every single game. Yet they finished 17th in scoring D, that’s kind of amazing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I wonder when the last time we played both the Giants and Eagles at HOME in Dec was?? Probably never.

I think they like cold weather games in December a lot. Makes for good football, I know the Viking play a lot of road games in December too because of it

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think they like cold weather games in December a lot. Makes for good football, I know the Viking play a lot of road games in December too because of it
There is a reason they play the SBs in warm weather cities. The weather sucks, and having weather impacts games is even worse.