Finally got to watch this game and this game was not on Dak

Skullmiester

Reaction score
My take from across the pond.
I cant put the performance down to any one player.
We were flat from the start, im not sure what the message was from the coaches going into the game but neither the offence or defence had any urgency or bite. The play calling was too predictable and it wasn't until the defence eventually got to Murray late on that we eventually found some momentum and came to life and looked more like ourselves in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: Ken

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Protect the big guy no matter what. Nothing to see here, all good. Sorry to be vague, without discussing politics and getting yelled at. People see what they want to see.
Got it now. :thumbup:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
thumb.aspx

LOL, Best of the Worst! YEAH BABY!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya'll haters are crazy with hate.

This game was not on Dak. If anything, Dak kept us in this game.

I counted 5 batted balls and 2 drops. That is 7 of his 14 incompletes for the game.

There were 2 passes I would deem bad by him. 2.

His fumble in the 2nd to last drive...it sucks, but it happens and was a great play by the defender. I am more happy that he ran the way he did making people miss (more than Zeke did all game) and not afraid of his leg. If that 22 yard run didn't get called back, he had 2 less yards running than Kyler that you all think is the 2nd coming.

THis game was not on him but here is what was the cause of the loss:

• The total lack of a running game and threat of the run. Just anemic. No one respects Zeke as he is clearly hurt.
  • Horrible penalties. Many advantageous 3rd downs turned into much more difficult 3rd downs.
  • Another crushing missed chip shot fg.
  • Jayron dropping that gimme pick in the end zone.
  • The HORRIBLE non-fumble call on a clear fumble at the end of the game. The defense finally made a play and the refs screw us. We last saw the ball with over 4 min left...never get it back. Clearly this is Dak's Fault.

You guys are all dejected and blaming our QB but I am encouraged. I see us beating them in the playoffs. I really do. I expect our defense to clamp them down even more and I expect our offense to not shoot themselves in the foot like they did today.

Hate to break it to you....... but batted balls are on the QB. Identifying throwing lanes is part of the job.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Classic

Dak homers or the ones who say we shouldn't notice the referees. I can't tell who's worse.

It is not that WE shouldn't notice the referees. The problem is when the team refuses to acknowledge its own poor play in a loss in favor of blaming a 3rd party. Fans can complain about refs all they want. Its a bad look for players and coaches and points to cracks in leadership and lack of accountability......... 2 issues that have plagued the cowboys for 25 years.

Ken

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you....... but batted balls are on the QB. Identifying throwing lanes is part of the job.
Here is an article discussing it. Used to be thought that a shorter guy would get passes batted more, not the case. Shorter qb's struggle with seeing over taller lineman and defenders but generally have developed a style that doesn't get balls batted very often. Russell Wilson and Kyle Murray are shorter guys who vacate the pocket a lot. They don't get passes batted when they do.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/15/... will,herring about QB play that needs to die.

A guy like Dak is mostly a pocket passer They are prone to more batted balls, IMO. I wish I had stats for rankings for batted balls...i can assure you Dak is toward the bottom.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is an article discussing it. Used to be thought that a shorter guy would get passes batted more, not the case. Shorter qb's struggle with seeing over taller lineman and defenders but generally have developed a style that doesn't get balls batted very often. Russell Wilson and Kyle Murray are shorter guys who vacate the pocket a lot. They don't get passes batted when they do.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/15/18224037/kyler-murray-height-short#:~:text=Whether you’re 5’10 or 6’5, batted balls will,herring about QB play that needs to die.

A guy like Dak is mostly a pocket passer They are prone to more batted balls, IMO. I wish I had stats for rankings for batted balls...i can assure you Dak is toward the bottom.

I've never seen Dak or any other Qb have so many balls batted down or tipped at the LOS in one game. I don't think its a consistent problem. It was a problem yesterday and that's on him. I don't understand why so many on here want to give him a pass for not being better in a very winnable game against a hobbled opponent.

Ken

Reaction score
I've never seen Dak or any other Qb have so many balls batted down or tipped at the LOS in one game. I don't think its a consistent problem. It was a problem yesterday and that's on him. I don't understand why so many on here want to give him a pass for not being better in a very winnable game against a hobbled opponent.
Ok, i found the stats on this and some of you are not going to like it. lol.

Dak has 6 batted balls on the year, 5 of them yesterday. You are right, 5 is unusual for a single game.

Guess who leads the league in batted balls with 15? That would be everyone's golden boy Herbert. Oh how Dallas fans would crucify him.

2nd? Oh that would be Josh Allen with 14.

Dak is ranked tied 20th in the league with 6 even after that unusual game yesterday. So once again, I am proven right about Dak that he is near the best in the league in this category. He was probably leading before yesterday of qb's who actually play.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, i found the stats on this and some of you are not going to like it. lol.

Dak has 6 batted balls on the year, 5 of them yesterday. You are right, 5 is unusual for a single game.

Guess who leads the league in batted balls with 15? That would be everyone's golden boy Herbert. Oh how Dallas fans would crucify him.

2nd? Oh that would be Josh Allen with 14.

Dak is ranked tied 20th in the league with 6 even after that unusual game yesterday. So once again, I am proven right about Dak that he is near the best in the league in this category. He was probably leading before yesterday of qb's who actually play.

We are talking about yesterdays game not the season. 5 in a game is apparently a crazy number. The fact its not a common problem for him doesn't absolve him from the 5 batted balls yesterday. Those are on him. Thats why its a QB stat........ which nobody would care about IF he won the dam game.

Ken

Reaction score
We are talking about yesterdays game not the season. 5 in a game is apparently a crazy number. The fact its not a common problem for him doesn't absolve him from the 5 batted balls yesterday. Those are on him. Thats why its a QB stat........ which nobody would care about IF he won the dam game.
Ya, i don't consider batted balls on the qb....i don't blame Herbert for having 15 either. Bad luck or predictable plays. That is how a defense knows to get their hands up.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Dak was missing wide open receivers and taking the checkdown everyplay. He did nothing to help the team win. The opposing team was missing two of their top corners. He should have been able to have a hayday if he was even a half decent QB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya, i don't consider batted balls on the qb....i don't blame Herbert for having 15 either. Bad luck or predictable plays. That is how a defense knows to get their hands up.

Herbert is like 6'6........no excuse for him and they are on the Qb which is why they are tracked. Defensive linemen are taught to put their hands up on every passing play. Its got nothing to do with being offensive predictability and everything to do with a poor choice of throwing lane.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was missing wide open receivers and taking the checkdown everyplay. He did nothing to help the team win. The opposing team was missing two of their top corners. He should have been able to have a hayday if he was even a half decent QB.

Most get it. But, the board is loaded with Dak apologists who will make any argument to point fingers in every direction but Dak's.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak was taking the checkdown because that is all that is there. Defenses are playing off and clogging throwing lanes, daring us to run or throw short and we are horrible at both with a broken down overpaid RB.

The Cards were missing two cbs who combined for 8 passes defended on the year and 1 int.

The cards had Murphy, their best cb, Buddah, one of the best S in the game and a very good front 7.

I don't know where you guys come up with these narratives but it is exhausting.

Ken

Reaction score
Herbert is like 6'6........no excuse for him and they are on the Qb which is why they are tracked. Defensive linemen are taught to put their hands up on every passing play. Its got nothing to do with being offensive predictability and everything to do with a poor choice of throwing lane.
Ok, we are going to get nowhere in this convo if we keep trying to blame the QB for a defensive lineman standing a few yards away to jump and bat a ball bc he can't get to the qb.

J_Allen

Reaction score
It is not that WE shouldn't notice the referees. The problem is when the team refuses to acknowledge its own poor play in a loss in favor of blaming a 3rd party. Fans can complain about refs all they want. Its a bad look for players and coaches and points to cracks in leadership and lack of accountability......... 2 issues that have plagued the cowboys for 25 years.

Completely disagree.

How would you feel if OSHA kept showing up to your job and fining you over bull****. Eventually you would snap also.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, we are going to get nowhere in this convo if we keep trying to blame the QB for a defensive lineman standing a few yards away to jump and bat a ball bc he can't get to the qb.

We can agree a batted ball is a rare thing. More than one per game gets you the league lead. Its a rare thing b/c QBs generally do a good job throwing over the OL/DL line. 5 in one game is absurd. Not sure how you can look at 5 batted balls in a game and conclude its not on the QB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Completely disagree.

How would you feel if OSHA kept showing up to your job and fining you over bull****. Eventually you would snap also.

I personally would hire an OSHA expert to go through my business and fix MY mistakes. You are obviously the kind that would blame OSHA for enforcing the rules. You and the Cowboy problems have a lot in common.