Finally... more Minicamp Photos

montgod

Reaction score
Just a question, why is Hatcher wearing those braces? Just precautionary? Another picture shows someone else wearing similar braces also.

acheman

Reaction score
Under Parcells ALL defensive and offensive linemen MUST wear knee braces. Just one of his rules.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
TheOneROWilliE said:
what kinda drill is that....that pat watikins is doing?

It's the "Sweep the Skins" drill:skins: :suxskins:

Mike_45

Reaction score
montgod said:
Just a question, why is Hatcher wearing those braces? Just precautionary? Another picture shows someone else wearing similar braces also.

Has Hatcher ever had knee problems? If you look closely at that pic of him kneeling with his helmet off you can see a long scar going up and down the middle of his right knee. Surgery scar maybe?

I dont know, any body know about those?

Mike

acheman

Reaction score
Under Parcells ALL defensive and offensive linemen MUST wear knee braces. Just one of his rules.
About "Hatcher specifically" having knee problems and surgery in the past, sorry I have no idea about that one.

silver

Reaction score
acheman said:
About "Hatcher specifically" having knee problems and surgery in the past, sorry I have no idea about that one.
does this rule apply to tc only? i don't recall the linemen wearing them in the regular season.
in this picture canty is not wearing them, not sure about spears but he did have a knee injury in tc last year (with the braces):
14011_512.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silver said:
does this rule apply to tc only? i don't recall the linemen wearing them in the regular season.
in this picture canty is not wearing them, not sure about spears but he did have a knee injury in tc last year (with the braces):
14011_512.jpg
If Spears didn't have the brace on he'd have been done for the year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The brace rule is a good one...I think it is only required for practice. I think the players have the choice during games.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silver said:
14011_512.jpg

You can clearly see on Canty's left knee that he's wearing a brace. Even if there were no rule for it, he WOULD be wearing a brace since he just had surgery on the knee last year.

You can see a brace on Spears' right leg as well (left leg is hidden, but it appears to have a brace on it as well).

didn't prevent flozell from blowing up his acl

No one has ever claimed that knee braces will 100% prevent knee injuries. But there is no question that 1) They HELP prevent knee injuries and 2) if you do get hurt, they can help lessen the severity of the injury.

Austin28

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Parcells looks pretty fit, well, almost

He seriously does look like an athletic old man ... you can tell he was athletic in his day ...

I don't think he's ready for a dirt nap yet...

silver

Reaction score
Rack said:
You can clearly see on Canty's left knee that he's wearing a brace. Even if there were no rule for it, he WOULD be wearing a brace since he just had surgery on the knee last year.

You can see a brace on Spears' right leg as well (left leg is hidden, but it appears to have a brace on it as well).

No one has ever claimed that knee braces will 100% prevent knee injuries. But there is no question that 1) They HELP prevent knee injuries and 2) if you do get hurt, they can help lessen the severity of the injury.
Having had knee injuries in the past myself and worn knee braces for a long time, I can tell you that once I started playing without them i felt like a young man again. they limit you more than they help IMHO. of course i'm not talking about professional football and i "only" weigh about 213 lbs. maybe that's why you very seldom see WR's and DB's wearing them.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Where is the first Thread with Pictures? I'm only asking because your title makes it seem like there was more.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
WG thanks for posting those pics....how many days til TC??? Cannot wait.

But I believe this is Jamaica Rector, not Reeves.
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/Cowboys/Minicamp/reeves.jpg
Parcells and Jacque Reeves