Finish off the D

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Being limited by the approach of the HC doesn't mean that the defense wasn't good. It did exactly what was asked of it, and Byron was a big part of that.

Turnovers are schematic, not talent.

That may be but more pressure on a QB leads to more mistakes by the QB which creates more turnovers. Wouldn't you agree?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As far as pass defense goes Clinton-Dix should make a sizable impact. He has been a strong pass defender throughout his career. Its in run support where he has struggled

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Being limited by the approach of the HC doesn't mean that the defense wasn't good. It did exactly what was asked of it, and Byron was a big part of that.

Turnovers are schematic, not talent.
While scheme was a issue.....its not like this secondary had no shot at some turnovers. They just didn't generate any. Didn't force fumbles either.

Rocy I don't get you dude lol.

You bang Byron for literally the only thing he isn't elite at, turnovers.

Yet defend Zeke who is only good at racking up rushing yardage on volume, and we think he is good at blocking.
I didn't bang on Byron. I think Byron is a very good corner in this league. My complaints stem from scheme and Maranelli. Has nothing to do with Byron. Byron is a very good coverage corner who relies heavily on his athleticism and speed. Nothing wrong with that.

When it comes to Zeke I respect what Zeke has done. Since 2016 he's been the best back in the league.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Rocy I don't get you dude lol.

You bang Byron for literally the only thing he isn't elite at, turnovers.

Yet defend Zeke who is only good at racking up rushing yardage on volume, and we think he is good at blocking.
Comparing Zeke to Byron lmao

Cebrin

Reaction score
We do not need Ryan. Is he that good, don't think so as for what we need. With Griffen and the potential pass rush, they will make the current secondary better.
I would argue with this if not for the overhaul of our coaching staff. I'm hopeful that you are correct, or that most of us are correct, rather. These coaches better make use of this roster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What's with the Logan Ryan to safety thing? He's never played it, as far as I can remember, and he was an average corner last year.

There's just absolutely nothing to say that he'd be some difference maker on the back end.

He is a nickel/slot CB. Unless your name is Ronde Barber, no nickel CB is worth 10 million a season.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anybody talking slick about Zeke deserves to be treated as a joke. You think you know more than NFL players. Nobody cares about Byron Jones like that
...so no you don't. Not surprised. No wonder your ratio is so bad lol.

Stop taking up space, you're a waste and a joke.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
...so no you don't. Not surprised. No wonder your ratio is so bad lol.

Stop taking up space, you're a waste and a joke.
What ratio? Is that more internet popularity lingo? Clown. Like I said, you Zeke haters dont know a damn thing about football.

Flamma

Reaction score
We need Byron Jones.
:(

At this point I am just counting on our pass rush to be the equalizer. Because Dallas has a very average defensive backfield. You're probably not old enough to remember, but Dallas had a similar backfield with Ron Fellows, Michael Downs, Dennis Thurman and Everson Walls. Besides Walls that backfield was trash. Yet they still got a lot of picks due to Harvey Martin, Jones, and Randy White pressure. So I'm hoping for that and our O being much better. The Cowboys should be right in the mix.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It does not matter who the Cowboys acquire at this point. There will always be a player or two that our fans insist we go get or we won't be complete. I think we already have enough talent on this team to win many Super Bowls but I still agree the FO should always be on the hunt for more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
At this point I am just counting on our pass rush to be the equalizer. Because Dallas has a very average defensive backfield. You're probably not old enough to remember, but Dallas had a similar backfield with Ron Fellows, Michael Downs, Dennis Thurman and Everson Walls. Besides Walls that backfield was trash. Yet they still got a lot of picks due to Harvey Martin, Jones, and Randy White pressure. So I'm hoping for that and our O being much better. The Cowboys should be right in the mix.

All this is true, unfortunately with modern football coverage is more important than pass rush and we let our best cover guy walk out the door.

And we shouldn't expect our pass rush to be elite by any means.
We downgraded at 3T and RDE in the pass rushing department from a year ago, and signed a 1T that has 30 pressures over the last 2 seasons lol. I don't think anyone would argue we were elite last season as a pass rushing unit, and then we downgraded.

Flamma

Reaction score
All this is true, unfortunately with modern football coverage is more important than pass rush and we let our best cover guy walk out the door.

And we shouldn't expect our pass rush to be elite by any means.
We downgraded at 3T and RDE in the pass rushing department from a year ago, and signed a 1T that has 30 pressures over the last 2 seasons lol. I don't think anyone would argue we were elite last season as a pass rushing unit, and then we downgraded.

Well, Jerry likes to wait until the player costs the most possible money before attempting to sign. He's doing it now with a few DBs.

RDE is going to be Griffen, Smith, possible Gregory. We really don't know for sure how that's going to turn out. But one thing is for sure, if DLaw is a no show this season we'll be in trouble.

conner01

Reaction score
Woods has gotten better each year, we have no clue if Wilson can even handle his own
That’s what camp is for
See who has improved
I don’t think we need to buy another safety
I do think we have solid option in woods and Wilson to go with HaHa