Fire Marinelli and Richard **merged**

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
i would make KR acting DC, effective now.

he’s been a DC before. Legion of Boom.

the defense is killing our season.

He's the problem. Ever since they made the change last year to him...he haven't been able to stop the run. Richard moved Vander Esch out of the middle to put his boy Jaylan in...and we haven't stopped anybody since. Wanna point fingers...Richard is where to start. :mad:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
... and he has been all year. Funny thing, all the clamoring to fire Garrett and Marinelli while the offense is doing alright and the defense was better with Marinelli at the helm.

there it is.

KR is the reason the defense is jacked.

haha.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
lots of Marinelli lovers want to blame KR for this mess, since KR relays the d scheme to the radio in Jaylons helmet before the snap.

relaying the play = DC in some people’s minds.

probably why this defense is so jacked.
I don’t love Rod either, but Richard is calling the defense right now and they aren’t getting it done.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is, any HC worth bringing in would want to pick his staff. I do realize we're talking about JJ here, so it's not a guarantee. But, he has allowed others in the past. Got a small sliver of hope that if he goes HC hunting, it would in turn mean a full coaching cleanse. Its time

lockster

Reaction score
Kaylon isn't big enough to be a MLB,. We need ken Norton type playing MLB. Seems we have loads of ppl playing out of position, Williams at guard, Austin playing any position on the field, Lee at weak, Maher at kicker lol. I hope our rookie guard comes in next year and unseats Williams. Or sua takes his job. And they actually learn defensive tackles got to be big , big baby. Big!

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Vikings average 153 rushing yards per game. We got gutted tonight, but Minnesota does this to people.
I don't give a flip about what "they" do! I care about what we don't do. Outside of few sweet throws by Dak, this team is pathetic to watch. It just disappoints on so many levels.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is the same Defense Marinelli has used since 2014.

we’ve all seen it and hated it.

He should have been fired after the Rams playoff disaster.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Yes keep firing coordinators that has certainly helped over the years. Nothing is going to change until the red headed clown is gone. Let a real coach come in and choose his staff.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
All these teams use our aggressiveness against us. We got schooled on the screen pass over and over.

agree.

it’s almost like the DL doesn’t see the OL release for the screen.

so simple to defend .

I think the DL is basic.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yes keep firing coordinators that has certainly helped over the years. Nothing is going to change until the red headed clown is gone. Let a real coach come in and choose his staff.

I stay out of the JasonG hate, but I will say it looks bad for Jason.

Marinelli has, for many reasons, deserved the firing that he will get in January.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Vikings didn't even punt all game long. Putrid defensive performance.

to be fair, I think they punted twice, but I agree about the defense.

terrible effort by the DL and Marinelli.

it’s almost like there was no defensive game plan.

just being a basic defense.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The defense has looked bad but they did get the ball back to the offense for a chance at the win and the offense drove the ball down to around the ten and left a stain on the field.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I stay out of the JasonG hate, but I will say it looks bad for Jason.

Marinelli has, for many reasons, deserved the firing that he will get in January.

I look at 9 years of pretty much the same BS. Coordinators have come and gone but the results are always the same. Underachieve and never a long playoff run. Garrett has been the one constant during that time. He has had more than enough time and has failed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don’t love Rod either, but Richard is calling the defense right now and they aren’t getting it done.

I think KR relays the call into the LB, but KR is not running the defense.

he is not the DC. Marinelli is right their beside him. Watching. Telling. Directing. Controlling. Insisting.

it would be best for the team if KR was the DC.

cut rod lose and ditch this basic defense.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I look at 9 years of pretty much the same BS. Coordinators have come and gone but the results are always the same. Underachieve and never a long playoff run. Garrett has been the one constant during that time. He has had more than enough time and has failed.

have to agree on this.

JasonG delegates everything.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Screw that. I want whoever called those 2 runs head on a platter.

If Moore did that...

I wanna know who called those 2 runs.
You have Jason "Everbody's All American" Witten future HOF, Amari "always open" Cooper, Randal "slot machine" Cobb, and Michael "gitty up" Gallup. However, you decide to throw simple easily defensed pass pattern to a RB that Boy Genius OC and Clapper HC gave 3 targets all game.

Coaching by the defense was not the problem. Rod and Richard had players in position to make plays and they did not rap up, tackle, and make the plays they were in position to make.

Lombardi said it perfectly: