Fire Solari

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Gotta admit it's hard for me to get excited about an effective running game this year having just witnessed the epic fail by Solari, Schott and McCarthy.
And all 3 of them are returning.

Just sayin.
The irony is Solari and Schotty had a really good running game in Seattle from '18-'20...

75boyz

Reaction score
The irony is Solari and Schotty had a really good running game in Seattle from '18-'20...
Exactly.
So one or all 3 of them are truly failing at run block skills teaching, scheme or just all of it in general.

With their backgrounds it is just a further indictment on their piss poor coaching.

And again. we're running it back.
SMDH

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And show the real fanbase you realize the problem starts with run blocking and personnel on the OL.

Zimmer doesn’t move the needle.
Zimmer is going to move the needle on defense, the coddling is over, players are going to know what's expected of them in very colorful terms, he's a no nonsense hard *** coach and is not going to tolerate players excuses and Bull**** while he's in charge of the defense....this defense is going to be a top defense by the end of his first year..

Now as far as Solari is concerned, I didn't want him hired in the first place, He should be fired, this offensive line was horrendous last year in the run game...

starfan1

Reaction score
i think the scheme plays a role in why we couldnt run well. I also think that we had 2 weak spots on the line in steele and tyler B who ends up in the QBs lap too often. I also think they banked on a 2022 version of Pollard and didnt get that till late in the year

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would have guessed that Solari would have gotten the axe, however since they havent Ill be patient and see what else happens. If Solari is staying it probably means they are suggesting it was more of a player issue, and we may see an actual attempt to upgrade the Oline this year. If they actually do that I may buy in a bit.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The OL graded out in the top 10.

Fans on here were warned that scrub RBs weren’t gonna cut it.

Pro Bowl OL can’t make scrub RBs elite.

Solari stays.

Pollard leaves.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And show the real fanbase you realize the problem starts with run blocking and personnel on the OL.

Zimmer doesn’t move the needle.
So tell us who they should hire.
Do not just make these type of threads, give us some real football talk from all of it For once.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Chris Carson?
He seems to be the type of back they need. So, I guess they should be looking at:
  • Trey Benson
  • Braelon Allen
  • Audric Estime
  • Ray Davis
  • Blake Corum
  • Isaiah Davis

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The OL graded out in the top 10.

Fans on here were warned that scrub RBs weren’t gonna cut it.

Pro Bowl OL can’t make scrub RBs elite.

Solari stays.

Pollard leaves.
A few good games against bad defenses raised that grade into the top ten. Like the 640 yard game against the Giants for instance. And they also allowed 40 sacks despite having a three game streak of allowing zero against the Giants, Panthers, and Commanders.

The line play against teams like the 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Lions, etc. was nowhere near top ten, no matter what kind of weird scientific metric PFF tells us. When they were bad, wow were they bad. Solari's version of zone blocking in the running game is terrible. Dallas needs to change this.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am really curious about Solari. The run game was pretty bad this year and the OL was just not getting it done. We'll have to see how they address the problem in the offseason, but I am wondering if it was all about him.