Fire Solari

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not happy with Solari in the least.
However I think if this team gets one of a few Centers in the draft, I think they could come in day one, be the starter and improve the run game.

Hard enough for Martin to help one player on one side of him let alone the center and the OT.

I think the center position can be improved and with that the run game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Gotta admit it's hard for me to get excited about an effective running game this year having just witnessed the epic fail by Solari, Schott and McCarthy.
And all 3 of them are returning.

Just sayin.
We got scrub RBs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not happy with Solari in the least.
However I think if this team gets one of a few Centers in the draft, I think they could come in day one, be the starter and improve the run game.

Hard enough for Martin to help one player on one side of him let alone the center and the OT.

I think the center position can be improved and with that the run game.
Let’s get a real RB.

Then talk about how bad the OL stinks.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am really surprised that he wasn't a guy purged.

I figured since he was bringing McCarthy back, he's shake up the assistant core. He did no such thing on offense. It's the same cast of characters back from a run game that wasn't very good. And sure, could we have used a better TB? Yeah. But the OL blocking was atrocious at times and that's unacceptable when you had, at times this season, a healthy Tyron, up and coming mauler in Tyler and an all pro in Zach.

quickccc

Reaction score
Great idea. Who do we replace him with?
I'd be willing to bet McCarthy would very strongly prefer his long time OL buddy James Campen
that is currently the OL coach with Carolina Panthers .
but that's a wait & see with the new HC and his preference among assistants.

Methinks McCarthy is gonna want to strongly prefer zone blocking scheme which he's been most familiar with
Supposedly Solari is familiar with both man and zone, and he's been a vet experience OL coach for several past teams
but this OL unit, this run game scheme really fell off and prominent star players did not have their better seasons
despite ' gimme' all star votes.

quickccc

Reaction score
Let’s get a real RB.

Then talk about how bad the OL stinks.
OL first ... then RBs ... what good is any RB, if the OL block scheme still stinks ?

BTW the play designer/caller with the RB scheme stinks too.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Especially when one considers that McCarthy is almost 10 years younger than Zimmer.....he has way less fire burning in him than Zimmer.

And it depends on the individual. The top constantly evolving and progressing coach in the entire league may be Andy Reid and he's at least 65
less burning fire, sheesh. Watch Fat Mike's fire in a restaurant with a buffet. The man is an animal. If we could bottle that fire on the sideline nobody could stop us.

75boyz

Reaction score
We got scrub RBs.
May be, but Terrence Steele's performance specifically took a nosedive under Solari's watch.

And I dont chalk it up to just his injury status.

He was almost dominant in runblocking in '22 under Philbin (and I didnt care for Philbin)and there's major issues at run philosophy/scheme and techniques with regards to the other olinemen runblocking as well.

He's done a lot better with less at Seattle.
Dorsett, Emmitt and Zeke can't be the pat answer every time.

Sometimes the coach needs to do his job better.

He shoulda been fired right along with Schott and McCarthy.