Fire Solari

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I would have guessed that Solari would have gotten the axe, however since they havent Ill be patient and see what else happens. If Solari is staying it probably means they are suggesting it was more of a player issue, and we may see an actual attempt to upgrade the Oline this year. If they actually do that I may buy in a bit.
The question is,"Who are they."

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Gotta admit it's hard for me to get excited about an effective running game this year having just witnessed the epic fail by Solari, Schott and McCarthy.
And all 3 of them are returning.

Just sayin.
you have to blame Jerry, that will give you hope and it will also make you excited.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Not surprising at all. The Dallas Cowboys are a black hole for accountability and effort. This organization needs an enema.
doctor-hold-enema-isolated-white-enema-medical-procedure-nurse-man-with-enema-thumb-up_474717-91231.jpg

cowboyed

Reaction score
And show the real fanbase you realize the problem starts with run blocking and personnel on the OL.

Zimmer doesn’t move the needle.
Mike Solari has been coaching for over 3 decades. He is 69 years old. Zimmer is 67. The only thing colorful about these two guys are their varicose veins. They both should be coaching foot shuffle football in the NHL (Nursing Home League).

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Mike Solari has been coaching for over 3 decades. He is 69 years old. Zimmer is 67. The only thing colorful about these two guys are their varicose veins. They both should be coaching foot shuffle football in the NHL (Nursing Home League).
Experience is knowledge and that takes time and associated directly with age, the two are symbiotic.
Do not dismiss senior knowledge based on age.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I wouldn't lump the Zim hire in with the failure of the current OL coach. Solong Solari would be fine with me.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And show the real fanbase you realize the problem starts with run blocking and personnel on the OL.

Zimmer is fine as he won't cuddle these players. Totally agree about Solari, line played worse and they were more healthy then the yr before.

Aven8

Reaction score
Zimmer is fine as he won't cuddle these players. Totally agree about Solari, line played worse and they were more healthy then the yr before.
I heard he was teaching the reach blocks and Steele was struggling with it. That was midseason when I heard that.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

With all the attention on the defensive side, these rejects are getting a pass and flying under the radar. We do really need a GREAT OL coach who can bring a better running scheme and develop some road graders. Be great at least at one thing, either run or pass.. Establish your identity there and then work off that. Can't be mediocre on both.

shabazz

Reaction score
Experience is knowledge and that takes time and associated directly with age, the two are symbiotic.
Do not dismiss senior knowledge based on age.
Especially when one considers that McCarthy is almost 10 years younger than Zimmer.....he has way less fire burning in him than Zimmer.

And it depends on the individual. The top constantly evolving and progressing coach in the entire league may be Andy Reid and he's at least 65

Bigrandrn

Reaction score

Seriously, this line got WORSE this year, Solaris method and approach just doesn’t work.

FaSho

Reaction score
The OL graded out in the top 10.

Fans on here were warned that scrub RBs weren’t gonna cut it.

Pro Bowl OL can’t make scrub RBs elite.

Solari stays.

Pollard leaves.
Pollard is gone for sure, but he definitely got hit in the backfield A LOT right when he got the ball. Both are issues.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I am really curious about Solari. The run game was pretty bad this year and the OL was just not getting it done. We'll have to see how they address the problem in the offseason, but I am wondering if it was all about him.
We got scrub RBs.