Fire Wade this year/Garrett to HC or Fire Wade next and have nothing?

MissionCoach

Reaction score
I hope the REDheaded one stays put in Dallas

That being said

Make HIM an OFFER He Can't Refuse JERRAH :bow:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Panch;1906956 said:
Im not so sure Id want a HC who knew his time was coming in a few years, yet made it a point to try to negotiate his way into an early spot(if that's the case) when he's proving as an OC this season alone, he's nowhere near ready to be a HC.

Actually, Jerry will probably view him differently down the road. Respect him for making smart business decisions and going through the interview process.

Jerry dont want no dummy running his team ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;1907000 said:
I think you guys should wait until all of your good assistants have left, and THEN fire Wade. Pull a San Diego Chargers . . . Wait, the Chargers are in the conference championship. On second thought, hire the flash in the pan Garrett.

Jim "playoffs? what playoffs" Mora, Jr.

Enjoy!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
The Panch;1906898 said:
Exactly. With all the praise he's gotten, he hasnt really accomplished anything. He took a top 5 offense and kept it a top 5 offense and has only been an OC for a year. He's more hyped up than anything.

Sigh...

Garrett improved the offense in yards, scoring and overall rank without relatively upgrading their talent on offense. Leonard Davis was their only real addition to the offense and he was a guard which wasn't an absolute necessity. We were 2nd in scoring. He did this with Parcells players and with Tony Sparano, an ex-Parcells guy under him. He did all of this as a FIRST YEAR coordinator. The Cowboys also played a much tougher schedule than Green Bay which was ranked ahead of us He had every excuse to fail. Instead guys like you are complaining because we only had the 3rd ranked offense and didn't surpass the Patriots, a Hall of Fame team and Green Bay.

It also makes me laugh that Garrett is getting the blame when Romo and his receivers made several GLARING errors such as

1. Romo missing TO for the easy TD
2. Romo holding onto the ball instead of throwing it out of bounds when it was clear he was going to be sacked.
3. Romo making a costly boneheaded play when he threw it out of bounds without looking where he was standing leading to an intentional grounding play
4. Crayton missing an easy reception which would have led to the first down.
5. Fasano dropping a potential TD pass (although Defender was in the area)

I could go on but yeah, that's all Garrett's fault despite calling a balanced attack with the run and pass.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I'm over the blame game for the last four games, but I'd be lying if I said that it wouldn't excite me more to bring in or promote a young head coach who could be the mainstay here for the next 6-8 years. I'd also be whistling in the dark if I said that Wade's motivational skills aren't in question, at least to me.

I don't know about Garrett, but if he's impressing this many gm's, then there must be something to the guy.

If Jerry did hire JG or someone else (and I doubt he will), I don't buy the argument that a change of head coaches in and of itself would derail this football team next year. Add WR Roy Williams and patch up the secondary, and even a change in schemes (which appears to be unavoidable either way we go) won't stop this team from doing well in the regular season. Then once you hit the postseason, they're going to be adjusted to whatever changes were made - at that point it's just a gutcheck. That's where leadership and discipline will come into play.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
YoMick;1906882 said:
Like it or not....

We are at a crossroads.

I would pay Garrett HC money to be OC and tell Wade to shut the F up if he doesnt like it.

If Garrett wont go for that, then I give choke-job his walking papers and introduce Red as the next HC.

Beast thinks Garrett >>>>>>> Wade

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
superpunk;1906894 said:
It would be a huge mistake to confuse "young" with "good" when it comes to head coaches.

Garrett's NFL resume is very unimpressive.

Not as unimpressive as your post

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1908232 said:
Sigh...

Garrett improved the offense in yards, scoring and overall rank without relatively upgrading their talent on offense. Leonard Davis was their only real addition to the offense and he was a guard which wasn't an absolute necessity. We were 2nd in scoring. He did this with Parcells players and with Tony Sparano, an ex-Parcells guy under him. He did all of this as a FIRST YEAR coordinator. The Cowboys also played a much tougher schedule than Green Bay which was ranked ahead of us He had every excuse to fail. Instead guys like you are complaining because we only had the 3rd ranked offense and didn't surpass the Patriots, a Hall of Fame team and Green Bay.

It also makes me laugh that Garrett is getting the blame when Romo and his receivers made several GLARING errors such as

1. Romo missing TO for the easy TD
2. Romo holding onto the ball instead of throwing it out of bounds when it was clear he was going to be sacked.
3. Romo making a costly boneheaded play when he threw it out of bounds without looking where he was standing leading to an intentional grounding play
4. Crayton missing an easy reception which would have led to the first down.
5. Fasano dropping a potential TD pass (although Defender was in the area)

I could go on but yeah, that's all Garrett's fault despite calling a balanced attack with the run and pass.

Garrett had Romo for 7 more games than the year beofre. In order to be fair you would need to figure out what the average was last year when Romo was at the helm and compare it to the average of this past year.

Garret also ran the ball less than 10 times in the second half. He abandoned it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
10 games of Romo in 2006. 363 yards per game, 26 points per game.

16 games of Romo in 2007 365 yard per game, 28.3 points per game.

He basically kept the status quo with a much better offensive line.