***Fire Wade Thread***Merge

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
SacredStar;2392836 said:
Dead on.

What were the choices to succeed Parcells again? Wade and Norv?????

You can't tell me that there were clearly no better coaches out there than those two. The problem is, most good coaches won't work for Jerry.

Do you get it now Jerry?

Now, what/who is the real problem?

How long is this myth going to go on? Jerry wanted to keep Parcells, but the latter hung on too long and then quit, and cost JJ other viable candidates.

MartinRamone

Reaction score
I hope i'm wrong but he won't be fired this season, he should take the whole coaching staff with him.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2392640 said:
Fire Wade during the bye week. The team is undisciplined, stupid and not held accountable for their crap play.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Wade will turn things around during the bye week.

Interview both Stewart and Garrett, give Garrett the job, and he will have the rest of the season to show what he has. If he does well, the job is his (since you already interviewed a minority). If not, open your check book for Cowher.

But please don't put us die hard Cowboy's fans through more of this horse$***** from Wade.

Should have done that 2 weeks ago

Reaction score
ISN'T IT GREAT BEING EVERYONE'S FRIEND WADE????????????????????

That player's coach thing is a great concept

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2392902 said:
How long is this myth going to go on? Jerry wanted to keep Parcells, but the latter hung on too long and then quit, and cost JJ other viable candidates.

The Parcells aspect may be true, but the one constant through 12 years of ineptitude has been Jerry the GM. From his halfway house players to his over reacting and over paying people for simply performing on a pro level, he's still trotting out a mediocre team, despite the talent this team has.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Does this REALLY even need to be discussed anymore.

The guy needs to be gone.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2393015 said:
Does this REALLY even need to be discussed anymore.

The guy needs to be gone.

But really, what is it going to matter?
The carousel of coaches has brought us the same thing over and over. Fire Wade and we'll just have another coach no one likes, because it will still be Jerry making the decisions.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Jerry is an idiot if he doesnt fire wade this week but of course he wont. Jerry just needs to handoff total control to his son Stephen who can then hopefully hire a real GM who can then hire a real coach!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
vta;2392966 said:
The Parcells aspect may be true, but the one constant through 12 years of ineptitude has been Jerry the GM. From his halfway house players to his over reacting and over paying people for simply performing on a pro level, he's still trotting out a mediocre team, despite the talent this team has.

I agree that JJ hung onto the past too long for the '90s team, but eventually he learned his lesson and hired Parcells who brought in all of this talent supposedly, but now we have all this talent and we're still losing. Most of the same talent that went 13-3 last year, and that most NFL pundits say we upgraded this year. I agree that that JJ of past did a horrible job, but he's no longer that guy. He looked like a genius last year when we went 13-3 only to fall in the playoffs to the eventual SB champs who beat an 18-0 team, and this year we've suffered some pretty bad injuries. I agree the coaching has been sub par in some aspects, and he's responsible for hiring the coaches, but you can't fire coaches after a 13-3 season.

RandyWhiteRules

Reaction score
Eskimo;2392849 said:
He will be fired but will get to ride out the rest of the season.

2005557_d922761dfb_m.jpeg

Ren

Reaction score
This team has about as much hart and pride as Wade has balls, which is none

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think if you want to blame anybody for what has happened..I'd have to blame Jason Garrett for reading so poorly the ability of Brad Johnson to be able to perform in a game.

I mean, we had him all last year and now this year. And this is the best Brad Johnson can do..? And our coaching staff saw this and didn't make any changes..?

Garrett stubornly stuck with him as the #2 QB believing that despite all his physical problems, Garrett could 'coach him up' and get him to play in the event he was needed..?

Phillips also went along with it. And of course, Jerry Jones.

Hmmm..

Now if Garrett is the heir-apparent HC..this poses a huge problem to me going forward.

He obviously doesn't evaluate the QBs well enough and he is gambling on his own talent as the playcaller to overcome poor QB skills in the players as evidenced by Brad Johnson.

You can't blame Garrett for all the injuries nor the defensive lapses this season.

But that single decision, that had to be his and his alone as OC, when it came to keeping Brad Johnson last year and now this year and letting Bartel go last year..

..has destroyed our season in the face of Romo being out now.

This inspite of all the indicators that Brad Johnson was not capable of throwing the ball past 15 yds. and not having played in about 3+ years at all.

Garrett needs to be severely questioned on his reasoning and motives as to keeping Johnson knowing all this.

I understand that when BP left and then last year, when the rest of the BP installed offensive staff left for Miami..

Garrett wanted to have Brad Johnson be a player/coach type like he was towards the end of Garrett's playing career. He wanted a vet Qb to be there to talk to Romo, etc.

But the first and most important role the #2 Qb must play is to be ready to go in and win if needed.

Especially on a SB bound team.

Garrett's decision to trust in Brad Johnson has ruined this season for this team. Phillips also bears some accountability there, too. But because Garrett is the golden boy with JJ and answers ultimately to JJ and not Phillips, as we all know..

..then JJ and Garrett are going to bare the burden of this failure at the coaching level..

and Phillips will probably be fired eventually for it.

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS :starspin

Woods

Reaction score
Redball Express;2393093 said:
..is not the answer.

What this team needs is to face up to what they are..a below average team that has been over-hyped and is badly under-achieving.

Actually, think back to before last year.

BP left because this team just consistantly failed to live up to expectations no matter what he or JJ did to infuse talent and spend money.

I really feel sorry for JJ because he has really extended himself with all these re-signings this off-season and now this Roy Williams trade and this team just really is a losing team disguised as a playoff-caliber team.

All this talk about turning on the switch when Romo and others come back is fantasy.

Sorry folks, those guys will still not be full-speed, will be rusty and they really were not playing well before they got hurt. Not even Romo.

I think if you want to blame anybody for what has happened..I'd have to blame Jason Garrett for reading so poorly the ability of Brad Johnson to be able to perform in a game.

I mean, we had him all last year and now this year.

Garrett stubornly stuck with him as the #2 QB beleiving that with all his physical problems, Garrett could 'coach him up' and get him to play in the event he was needed.

Phillips also went along with it. And of course, Jerry Jones.

Now if Garrett is the heir-apparent HC..this poses a huge problem to me going forward.

He obviously doesn't evaluate the QBs well enough and he is gambling on his own talent as the playcaller to overcome poor QB skills in the players.

You can't blame garrett for all the injuries nor the defensive lapses this season.

But the single decision, that had to be his and his alone, when it came to keeping Brad Johnson last year and now this year and letting Bartel go last year..

..has destroyed our season in the face of Romo being out now.

This inspite of all the indicators that Brad Johnson was not capable of throwing the ball past 15 yds. and not having played in about 3+ years at all.

Garrett needs to be severely questioned on his reasoning and motives as to keeping Johnson knowing all this.

I understand that when BP left and then last year, when the rest of the BP installed offensive staff left for Miami..

Garrett wanted to have Brad Johnson be a player/coach type like he was towards the end of Garrett's playing career. He wanted a vet Qb to be there to talk to Romo, etc.

But the first and most important role the #2 Qb must play is to be ready to go in and win if needed.

Especially on a SB bound team.

Garrett's decision to trust in Brad Johnson has ruined this season for this team. Phillips also bears some accountability there, too. But because Garrett is the golden boy with JJ and answers ultimately to JJ and not Phillips, as we all know..

..then JJ and Garrett are going to bare the burden of this failure at the coachi9ng level..

and Phillips will probably be fired eventually for it.

:starspin

ReDBaLL ExPreSS

I don't lay the blame for keeping B Johnson with Red.

The blame directly lies with the HC or GM (or both), IMO.

Come on, EVERYONE knew that Johnson couldn't stretch the field, had no mobility, had virtually nothing left in his tank.

Not that message boards are any indication, but I'd guess that nearly everyone on THIS Board knew it as well going into this season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think even Wade knows he is gone after the season.

I would fire him right now, but Jerry is not going to do that.

Wade will stay on and once the season ends and we are left out of the playoffs..................Wade and his kronies are gone.

The question is will Garrett be made HC???

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2392640 said:
Fire Wade during the bye week. The team is undisciplined, stupid and not held accountable for their crap play.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Wade will turn things around during the bye week.

Interview both Stewart and Garrett, give Garrett the job, and he will have the rest of the season to show what he has. If he does well, the job is his (since you already interviewed a minority). If not, open your check book for Cowher.

But please don't put us die hard Cowboy's fans through more of this horse$***** from Wade.

Spagnuolo please. Garrett is not HC material but Jerry can get his looksie if he wants. Yah, interview Stewart and cann him right after the interview.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
All blame floats to the top. Jerry is the top, but as the owner you cannot get rid of him. Wade is next in line.

I believe Wade's attitude is the reason for this. Not just his lackadaisical attitude with the players, but his unwillingness to throw a man under the bus when that man damn well deserves to be there.

Now, while I believe Wade is the cause, the ultimate blame goes on Jerry for hiring a man that is known to have this problem.

George Santayana said:
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Fire Wade and fire him today.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Point fingers all you'd like, but nothing has been the same with this 13-3 team from last season SINCE Marion's sidekick has went down. Last year we had Julius, this year to start we had Felix. With either of them alongside MBIII we're pretty unstopable, without either of them we're a one dimensional running attack that most see coming.

Even look back to our game against the Gints that we lost last year in the playoffs. We gave it all to MBIII for the first time that game and barely played Julius.

Before Romo went down obvious problems were already arising.. They started arising the very moment Felix went down.

Now on defense, that's a whole other ball of wax. But I would point to the secondary's woes with injuries to this point. And then maybe even a little to our old problem of our Dline just not providing sufficiant amount of pressure on offenses without massive blitz packages being thrown in to help them.

Get some coverage on defense, increase pressure from up front, get Felix back AND kick our lackluster, seemingly totally incompetant Oline in their oversized butts! And then of course get Romo back too.