Fire Zimmer!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hoffa said:
You people are pathetic. Jump out of the woodwork after the defense finally has a good game to pretend like you were behind Zimmer all along? Give me a break. Where have you guys been the last few years? Zimmer still sucks, and until we play like this all year, my mind isn't changing.

Actually most of us have been making fun of all the misdirected hate. We just don;t feel the need to make 200 posts to talk about it we slip it into the normal bashing posts as a point of reason. Thanks for playing though :)

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I wish he would. I would be happier if he fired Zimmer "the village idiot" than I am that we beat the Iggles. His track record speaks for itself and one game doesn't change that.

Good post Big Dog. Your post and Hoffas post are the only good ones in this thread.

Besides it is obvious Parcells called the D in this game. It was a huge game and BP did not wanna lose. No way he was gonna let Zimmers lame play callin cost us this one.

Props to BP for callin a good D today. Zimmer just aint smart nuff to have our D play that good.

optiplex

Reaction score
Hoffa said:
You people are pathetic. Jump out of the woodwork after the defense finally has a good game to pretend like you were behind Zimmer all along? Give me a break. Where have you guys been the last few years? Zimmer still sucks, and until we play like this all year, my mind isn't changing.

Zimmer is one of the top DC in the game today. You can beetch all you want, and hate all you want, but the truth remains the same. Maybe you should tell Parcells about your insight and knowledge of defensive strategies and how Zimmer is total a waste. I'm sure he will listen! :lmao:

Reaction score
I'll be looking for this thread after next weeks game vs the Giants

Heck, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Besides it is obvious Parcells called the D in this game. It was a huge game and BP did not wanna lose. No way he was gonna let Zimmers lame play callin cost us this one.

:lmao: how sad

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
optiplex said:
Zimmer is one of the top DC in the game today. You can beetch all you want, and hate all you want, but the truth remains the same. Maybe you should tell Parcells about your insight and knowledge of defensive strategies and how Zimmer is total a waste. I'm sure he will listen! :lmao:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
His D allowed 120 yards to the Eagles get rid of him! Oh wait it was Pacrells D today right? Sorry I get so confused

Betcha Bill had more to do with that than Zimmer but I'd also bet Payton had more to do with the Offense than Bill.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
You're all missing the most obvious...

The defense under "Zimmy Wuss Squiggy" played well because tiny "Dat The Nat" with his little short arms and light-weight body did not play. :rolleyes:

Zimmy lives another week....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I wish he would. I would be happier if he fired Zimmer "the village idiot" than I am that we beat the Iggles. His track record speaks for itself and one game doesn't change that.

I think this may be the saddest thing ive ever seen a cowboys fan post.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
You're all missing the most obvious...

The defense under "Zimmy Wuss Squiggy" played well because tiny "Dat The Nat" with his little short arms and light-weight body did not play. :rolleyes:

Zimmy lives another week....

D'oh how did we miss that :lmao:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
hey I'll give the guy props, the defense played well today

but dont get too carried away either...it was just a couple weeks ago he made the most atrocious team in the league look like the dominant Niners teams of the 80's and early 90's

David

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am confused now too. This is the fire Zimmer board...but but...but that was a good defense. So maybe we can fire him next week?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
hey I'll give the guy props, the defense played well today

but dont get too carried away either...it was just a couple weeks ago he made the most atrocious team in the league look like the dominant Niners teams of the 80's and early 90's

David

How? I do recall to plays. ANd I recall the offense scoring...13 points?

WOW...13 points will get ya beat alot. How does Zimmer do that?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cowboy Lover said:
How? I do recall to plays. ANd I recall the offense scoring...13 points?

WOW...13 points will get ya beat alot. How does Zimmer do that?

have no idea what you are talking about, but I was referring to the near loss to SF when we gave up almost 400 yds and 24 offensive points to them

David

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins said:
I think this may be the saddest thing ive ever seen a cowboys fan post.
Thanks for at least still calling me a Cowboys fan. That will NEVER change.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Thanks for at least still calling me a Cowboys fan. That will NEVER change.

I know that brah but the Zimmer hate is scary in its obsession. You would get more pleasure out of seeing a man lose his job than see us win?

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Because Zimmer sucks, that's why the hate is strong. Anyone who tries to give him credit for today is nuts. This is not a Zimmer defense, this is a Parcells defense. Parcells is running the scheme he wants and brought in the players he wants. If Zimmer was running the defense we'd still be in a 4-3 with an undersized front 7 full of "small, but quick" players like Zimmer loves.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hoffa said:

get back inside that keystone at "the meadowlands", jimmy.

over 3000 posts. find the one criticizing "zim".

yeah. there's your "shaddup".

i like zimmer. so sue me.

or maybe you could organize a strike.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Thumper......

I don't know what Parcells saw in Zimmer to make him retain the guy but I have disliked Zimmer since he was the DB coach. Our DBs always played 10-15 yards off the receivers and let them have anything they wanted underneath.

That same philosphy has carried over to his role as the DC. He plays "not to lose", "bend but don't break", "just don't let anything bad happen". The problem is that bad things have and will continue to happen because you cannot give a QB all day to throw. Eventually a receiver will get open no matter how good your coverage guys are or teams will figure out how to exploit any weakness in your coverage, as we saw from the Commanders.

IMO it was a HUGE mistake to retain Zimmer when he had the chance to go to Nebraska. At that same time, both Wade Philips and Gregg Williams were available and we could have signed one of them to be the DC for us. Both guys have turned around very poor defenses in San Diego and Washington and made them into a couple of the best.

I know people get tired of hearimg me harp on this subject but the facts are plain. Zimmer's style of defense does not win games because it is designed to limit what the offense does rather than to dictate to it and put pressure on the offense to react to what we are doing. Great defenses create pressure and generate turnovers, that's not us. Not under Zimmer anyway.

With the talent we have now we should be terrorizing QBs every week and while we have gotten some sacks this year the pressure has been inconsistent and due to blitzing a lot of guys to get them.

When was the last time we saw one of our DLs stunt or do anything to confuse the OL? Let's face it folks, Zimmer is NOT an NFL caliber DC and never has been. He was promoted by Campo because he was Campo's protege. What boggles my mind is why Parcells retained the guy since he has always played a completely different style of defense.

In the past, Parcells' defenses were the kind that always put pressure on the QB to force them to make mistakes and turnovers. I just don't understand what Bill sees in Zimmer.