First four games

Havic

Reaction score
Cleveland will be a good test with how much our run defense has improved. I don’t expect us to have much success running the ball or passing tbh. It will be a very close game 50/50 with who wins.

First four games, my expectation is 2-2 but would not be surprised to go 1-3

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I've got them starting out 2-2. I wouldn't overreact to a slower than usual start though. This team has a lot of rookies in the starting lineup, and honestly probably takes the defense a few weeks to adjust to a new scheme. I think they are good enough to beat NYG and NO on talent alone, however that Cleveland and Baltimore games should be tough. I would have loved a cupcake game like Carolina to start the season just because I dont see this team hitting its peak until later in the year.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Cleveland will be a good test with how much our run defense has improved. I don’t expect us to have much success running the ball or passing tbh. It will be a very close game 50/50 with who wins.

First four games, my expectation is 2-2 but would not be surprised to go 1-3
Cleveland isn't going to pound the rock with Ford lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is a tough opener hostile environment . Perfect test for Dak and the offense.
Exactly. Winning that game on the road in THAT environment will take a yeomans effort.I see a slow start out of the gate. We could very well be 1-3 early,backs against the wall mentality will be needed by week 5. I can see it coming.

visionary

Reaction score
I will watch the regular season with interest but give it no real importance

We know Dak is a very good regular season QB

3-1 or 2-2 will be meaningless IMO

Rayman70

Reaction score
Apparently I'm the only one who sees the Ravens game as the toughest of the first 4
No I agree. That game will be brutal.They are loaded for Bear. If we somehow beat them, I will believe. That game is a true test.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Exactly. Winning that game on the road in THAT environment will take a yeomans effort.I see a slow start out of the gate. We could very well be 1-3 early,backs against the wall mentality will be needed by week 5. I can see it coming.
I see we have different thoughts on how the first four games will play out. But I appreciate you for liking my post and not saying I'm a homer or "Jerry loves you!" or things like that. Cheers, Hermano. ;) I'm feeling optimistic with a new DC and his tough nosed philosophy, plus I think our O-Line will be nasty this year. We will see a more balanced attack like in 2016 which will help Dak be the bus driver (nothing wrong with that) that it will take for us far in the post-season. Yes, I do believe we're making the playoffs again.

GO COWBOYS! :star:

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Baltimore is an automatic loss. A tough team with a good defense and good qb? Goodnight.

And if watson returns to form. That's another automatic L. But if he's still sorry we have a good shot

LonnieElam

Reaction score
That’s a good sign . Hopefully the fist fights and beer throwing is after the game ,
I'm not sure where you're getting all of this, but everyone was super cool and chill. I wore my Cowboys jersey out to the bars even, and had zero problems. Not even good-natured ribbing. I'm sure it's different when the Steelers are there, though.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m an optimist a fan ok I get that . I see the Cowboys if you break the schedule Down to 4 game chunks getting out of the gate 3-1 . I think they possibly open with a close loss by a FG in Cleveland then taking the next three with 2 at home and a road win in PItt. I’m hoping Russell Wilson is still starting for Pitt when Dallas visits .
We don't play the Steelers in the first 4 games.