First four games

Flamma

Reaction score
My mistake it’s the Giants then Steelers … thanks for correcting . I’ll say the Cowboys have every chance to open at 4-1 .
You're an optimist. I'm not a pessimist, nor an optimist. I'm a realist. Who cares what we are early on? We could be 2-3, 3-2, 3-1. We can't really be sure what we have that early on. Teams change as the season progresses. I've seen teams look really bad in the first 2 weeks, then finish 12-4. Also the other way around. Look really good early on and trail off, like we usually do.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You're an optimist. I'm not a pessimist, nor an optimist. I'm a realist. Who cares what we are early on? We could be 2-3, 3-2, 3-1. We can't really be sure what we have that early on. Teams change as the season progresses. I've seen teams look really bad in the first 2 weeks, then finish 12-4. Also the other way around. Look really good early on and trail off, like we usually do.
Yea, this. 1-3 or 3-1 doesn't really matter much.

Dallas does have a tougher schedule, so it might be more difficult than last year to get out of a hole, though. The Cowboys play the Texans, Lions and 49ers instead of the Packers, Rams and Jaguars.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea, this. 1-3 or 3-1 doesn't really matter much.

Dallas does have a tougher schedule, so it might be more difficult than last year to get out of a hole, though.
That's fine. In the 90s did we care who we played? You have to step up if you want to be a contender. If we lose to the good teams then it doesn't matter.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cleveland may end up in last place in their division
Good division, but just saying
Plus they are very beat up...including missing their top offense player.

Awful fail if Dallas does not win there.

Flamma

Reaction score
I mean yea but it isn't the 90s and cap parity is very real.
Player acquisition is real too. This Cowboys front office doesn't act the same. They are super conservative. As opposed to other teams that push money forward to win now. The cap cannot stop spending. It stops future spending. You could theoretically stack a team and pay later. The Cowboys are not willing to do that.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Player acquisition is real too. This Cowboys front office doesn't act the same. They are super conservative. As opposed to other teams that push money forward to win now. The cap cannot stop spending. It stops future spending. You could theoretically stack a team and pay later. The Cowboys are not willing to do that.
Well I agree, but that wasn't the case in the 90s;.

Proof

Reaction score
I've got them starting out 2-2. I wouldn't overreact to a slower than usual start though. This team has a lot of rookies in the starting lineup, and honestly probably takes the defense a few weeks to adjust to a new scheme. I think they are good enough to beat NYG and NO on talent alone, however that Cleveland and Baltimore games should be tough. I would have loved a cupcake game like Carolina to start the season just because I dont see this team hitting its peak until later in the year.
wouldnt it be a nice reversal of fortune to scrap our way through the regular season, being underrated, and clicking come playoffs? one can only dream.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still wonder why most are fearing the Browns.
They are a good team, but not a great team. Watson is not all that great of a QB. Though since he came into the NFL many act as if he is. But he has shown flashes.

Same for Baltimore. Their defense can be scored on. They are not the 2000 Ravens defense, they are not the Steel Curtain or an old Doomsday Defense.
Jackson is not all that great either, though at times he can be. Keep him contained.

Saints and Giants. We will be favored. And should win.
Steelers, they really do not have a QB. Wilson is washed up, but still capable of having a good game. Their defense was not all that great last year either. They were up and down.

Still we do not know enough about our own team with all the changes. But we do know we should be close to as usual or a little better.
We could be anywhere from 4-1 to 2-3. I just can't say 5-0 as much as I want to for the :popcorn: effect.
A 2-3 start does not mean it will be a bad season. Just that they need to get more in sync since they had no PS game activity for most of the starters.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I still wonder why most are fearing the Browns.
They are a good team, but not a great team. Watson is not all that great of a QB. Though since he came into the NFL many act as if he is. But he has shown flashes.

Same for Baltimore. Their defense can be scored on. They are not the 2000 Ravens defense, they are not the Steel Curtain or an old Doomsday Defense.
Jackson is not all that great either, though at times he can be. Keep him contained.

Saints and Giants. We will be favored. And should win.
Steelers, they really do not have a QB. Wilson is washed up, but still capable of having a good game. Their defense was not all that great last year either. They were up and down.

Still we do not know enough about our own team with all the changes. But we do know we should be close to as usual or a little better.
We could be anywhere from 4-1 to 2-3. I just can't say 5-0 as much as I want to for the :popcorn: effect.
A 2-3 start does not mean it will be a bad season. Just that they need to get more in sync since they had no PS game activity for most of the starters.
I'll go 3-2. Good enough for the optimists to be proclaiming Super Bowl. Bad enough for the pessimists to say we need to tank.

RonWashington

Reaction score

If you pile too many losses at the start of the year you’re constantly trying to catch the Eagles . The division over a WC is always the goal . 4-1 on a team that hopes for conge