First Mock draft from fox sports

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
Depending on what else is there, I wouldn't mind him at #18 at all. He's a great leader, shows great maturity. He's consistently compared to Demarcus Ware. He ran a very good 40 time, and his agility drills were very good also. I think you could do worse...

You just don't pick a guy coming off a serious injury at #18 -- he'll be around later. Much later.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
i got laughed at before for saying this but i still think michael griffin is better than michael huff.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I know we don't need him but I'd love to see DeAngelo wearing a star. Parcells would love him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I know we don't need him but I'd love to see DeAngelo wearing a star. Parcells would love him.

I like him alot too... no way he lasts as long as he did in this mock...

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I'm liking Chad Jackson more and more at #18. Just because guys like Wimberly and OT Winston will drop into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

neosapien23

Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
I'm liking Chad Jackson more and more at #18. Just because guys like Wimberly and OT Winston will drop into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Thats who I want too, but I don't think Wmberly will drop out of the 2nd and Winston will not make out of the first.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Thats who I want too, but I don't think Wmberly will drop out of the 2nd and Winston will not make out of the first.

Yes, but the Jackson pick adds youth to a postion where there is one 26, 24 and two guys in their 30's.

Wimberly will be drop to the 2nd IMO and so will Winston due to Rosenhaus, the leg injury, poor bench press test. Then that will push guys at their postions down too like Jon Scott, Chad Anderson (?) and Ryan O'Callaghan.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
abersonc said:
You just don't pick a guy coming off a serious injury at #18 -- he'll be around later. Much later.
So that rules out Bobby Carpenter also.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Drafting a WR puts him as the #4 right away. I mean, Key/Glenn aren't getting supplanted by a rook from this crop and Crayton is a #3 by far.

I'd prefer Lawson over this guy, but that's to say Lawson can play opposite Ware. Who switches sides?

Really, trade down, thanks.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I assume that many teams are anticipating that talents like Lawson would still be available in the 2nd round and hope to land him there. I would also be happy with Lawson or Wimbley, but I hope we draft OT McNeil at #1:18 because I doubt he will be there at our pick in the second round. Between Lawson and Wimbley, Wimbley is more likely to be available at #2:18 so I would take him and then go after a C or FS in round 3.

I just hope the player will get at #18 will be an immediate starter!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
if both lawson and wimberly are there at #18...we might as well trade down a few spots to pick up another 2nd or 3rd. one of them is bound to still be there

peppersquad

Reaction score
I love how everyone is ripping VY and claiming hes goin go fall fast, but besides Ourlads no one has had the guts to drop him.

Just someone please take him before 18. Please.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I think OL is a much bigger need than a LB and that's what we should be targeting. I'm still high on Nick Mangold, maybe not at 18, but drop down some, picking up possibly an additional 2nd round pick and take a guy who can anchor the offensive line for several years.