Video: First Take MD stated "If Dallas loses, iggles win the NFCE"

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Makes sense

Not possible, there are 11 games left in the season after we play the Eagles. The Giants have only one loss and have to play the Eagles twice. The hard part of the Cowboys schedule is over after we play the Eagles on Sunday plus we have players coming back from injury. I remember last season when the Cardinals looked like the number 1 seed and then Kyler/Hopkins got injured. Nobody is a lock at anything.

Creeper

Reaction score
If you asked these two teams how important this game is I bet the Eagles will overall believe it is more important for them. Everyone is viewing them as the #1 or #2 team in the NFL. If they beat the Cowboys they validate those assessments. If they lose to the Cooper Rush led Cowboys they look like pretenders. I believe the Eagles will enter this game as fired us as any team for any game that is not a Super Bowl. If the Cowboys weather the early storm, they will have a chance to win the game. This is a prove it game for the Cowboys defense too. The Eagles will try to run on they and use play action with their receivers against the Cowboys secondary. The Eagles are by far the best offense the Cowboys have faced so far this year. It is a test of legitimacy for the defense and the pass rush.

This is also a prove it game for Cooper Rush. The Eagles are going to make him win the game. I think the Eagles will go all out to stop the run and force Rush and the Cowboys receivers to make plays. The Eagles will let their CBs cover the Cowboys WRs while committing a safety to stopping Zeke and Pollard.

But, I have said for years the NFL is all about healthy players. The teams with the most healthy starters at the end of the year have a huge advantage over everyone else. The Eagles are healthy right now, the Cowboys are not, but so much can happen in 12 games. When these two teams play again later in the season, it could be the Eagles missing key starters, while the Cowboys are at almost full strength. There is a reason only 1 team has gone undefeated for an entire season.

I think these two teams will face each other 3 times this year. So there is a lot of football still to be played.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I agree we need to sweep this season. Eagles probably won’t lose more than 3 games this season outside of our matchups.

The Natural

Reaction score
We are the best team left on their schedule, go look at it. It will be hard to make up a 2 game lead - even with more than half the season to play.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We are the best team left on their schedule, go look at it. It will be hard to make up a 2 game lead - even with more than half the season to play.
Thats fair. However. They almost dropped games to some pretty bad teams as well.

Detroit dropped 35 points on them, they barely beat the Jags, and a missed field goal gave them their last win.

This isnt some powerhouse like the media is making them out to be. And rivalry games are different. I think the Eagles while good are not this "Great" team that we have been led to believe they are.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It is way too early to consider this a must win. Birds still has play in Dallas and play the Giants twice.

JustChip

Reaction score
Honestly with the eagles schedule it’s going to be pretty hard to make up the games
I don’t think either team will sweep the series so there won’t be “games” to make up. Just 1 game to make up with 10 remaining excluding the rematch is nothing.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not possible, there are 11 games left in the season after we play the Eagles. The Giants have only one loss and have to play the Eagles twice. The hard part of the Cowboys schedule is over after we play the Eagles on Sunday plus we have players coming back from injury. I remember last season when the Cardinals looked like the number 1 seed and then Kyler/Hopkins got injured. Nobody is a lock at anything.
We hear the same doom and gloom every year. The season is never decided after the first 1/3 of the games are played

817Gill

Reaction score
You don’t get to pencil in a 17-0 season just because you started off hot. Being 2 games behind with 11 to go is nothing to be worried about in the slightest.

Philly will end the season with multiple losses, this week won’t be deciding crap.