Video: First Take MD stated "If Dallas loses, iggles win the NFCE"

aikemirv

Reaction score
When a QB runs as much as Hurts there are major risk, once outside the pocket QB is pretty much fair game.
Hurts is built like a RB with the protection of a QB outside the pocket. I think there is less risk of a knee injury outside the pocket than inside. Then if you take the threat of 300 lb lineman falling on you inside the pocket as well I would bet you would find the odds are in his favor with mobility!

Mannix

Reaction score
We could be 6-2 at the bye week even slating in a loss in one of our next three. The Lions and Bears games are both winnable if the standard of play remains consistent with what we've seen the last 4 games.

With or without Dak?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hurts is built like a RB with the protection of a QB outside the pocket. I think there is less risk of a knee injury outside the pocket than inside. Then if you take the threat of 300 lb lineman falling on you inside the pocket as well I would bet you would find the odds are in his favor with mobility!

Fine with me, he can keep on running, good luck with that. The NFL has a history with running QB and more times than not does not end well for them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Fine with me, he can keep on running, good luck with that. The NFL has a history with running QB and more times than not does not end well for them.
I would disagree. In the old days you had Roger and Fran Tarkenton, then you had Steve Young, Mike Vick, Mcnabb, Daunte Culpepper, Russel Wilson, Cam Newton ( injured some but long career - would still be playing if he was a good passer) Deshawn Watson, Lamar, Kyler Murray. Long list of successful running QB's who have not had their careers shortened or significantly injured while being a running QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Honestly with the eagles schedule it’s going to be pretty hard to make up the games

I agree. Their schedule is so easy that its going to be hard for them to lose a lot of games. But its a long season and injuries will happen. I would rather them get hot early then late. Hard to keep the momentum going all year long. 2nd game is in Dallas and thats the more important one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With or without Dak?

5 toughest games left are Packers in GB, Titans, 2xEagles, Vikings.

Titans and Vikings I dont consider that big of a deal. This is with Dak back. AS it stands right now, Cowboys are looking at possibly another 12 win season or better.