First team defense (training camp)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First thought, where is Poe, but then remembered he is on PUP.
But is about what is expected for day 1. See how long before Diggs takes over for Brown. Then will Brown move to slot over Lewis. I am ok with either on thee actually.

Maybe Hill takes over for Crawford soon. J/K, don't get all upset. :muttley:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
First thought, where is Poe, but then remembered he is on PUP.
But is about what is expected for day 1. See how long before Diggs takes over for Brown. Then will Brown move to slot over Lewis. I am ok with either on thee actually.

Maybe Hill takes over for Crawford soon. J/K, don't get all upset. :muttley:

You trying to start **** .........:lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's interesting ......only 2 starting LBers. I know it's way early but still interesting ....

I'm not reading anything into it other than they came out in a nickel alignment.

McCoy and Crawford were the 'starting' defensive tackles, so that tells me that they were putting a rush package out there rather than a base.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm not reading anything into it other than they came out in a nickel alignment.

McCoy and Crawford were the 'starting' defensive tackles, so that tells me that they were putting a rush package out there rather than a base.

So you see Lee as 3rd starting LBer????

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the confirmation. Damn, I hate it when they have an excuse to keep Crawford around.

Check out these listed 2020 base salaries:

Gerald McCoy - $2.5 million
Dontari Poe - $2 million
Everson Griffen - $3 million
Aldon Smith - $910,000
---------------------------------------
Total - $8.41 million

Tyrone Crawford? $8 million

It's enough to make you sick.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think he's going to look a lot better under this staff and scheme. The past one did him zero favors.
Nah to me he shows no natural instincts on the outside. Even his college tape was pretty weak in that department. He really shined inside at nickel because he is big and physical

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah to me he shows no natural instincts on the outside. Even his college tape was pretty weak in that department. He really shined inside at nickel because he is big and physical

Well it can be something we keep an eye on and we can compare notes during the season.

Who are your projected day one starting pair at outside corner?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well it can be something we keep an eye on and we can compare notes during the season.

Who are your projected day one starting pair at outside corner?
Idc who they would start because it hasn't worked. My outside 2 would be diggs and lewis with brown and chido battling over the nickel. Chido is great in the nickel role. He was graded the best corner blitzer while at colorado. Opens up a lot of possibilities for the staff to work with. He also can play stout in the run game. Also big enough to be physical with TE's. He's just weak in a 1v1 island type setting. He wasn't even our best outside corner in 2017. It was J lew.