First Things First FOX:The Cowboys should try to trade Dak Prescott for Draft picks

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak has a no-trade clause. He has no reason to waive it to go to a smaller, less marketable franchise. It would only lessen his value for everything off the field.

If they could trade him I'd listen. But since they can't, this is just useless noise. It became that the moment Stephen and Jerry agreed to the no-trade clause.

Nick Wright knows this - it's easy to find. But he also knows there are Cowboys fans who don't, and will hang on every word at the thought of trading Dak.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
What do you think he could get for draft picks? I bet we could get a first rounder. Not a high one though which is what we want to find his replacement.

They're talking like Dak could get Matthew Stafford trade picks. I don't see it happening.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What do you think he could get for draft picks? I bet we could get a first rounder. Not a high one though which is what we want to find his replacement.

They're talking like Dak could get Matthew Stafford trade picks. I don't see it happening.
No trade clause. Dak isn't going to waive it to go to Tennessee or Atlanta. It's moot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree with anything that was said. But is there really any team that would take on his contract/contract extension?

Additionally, why would any teams fan base think, if he couldn't do it in Dallas it isn't a problem because he could here.

JBS

Reaction score
Dak has a no-trade clause. He has no reason to waive it to go to a smaller, less marketable franchise. It would only lessen his value for everything off the field.

If they could trade him I'd listen. But since they can't, this is just useless noise. It became that the moment Stephen and Jerry agreed to the no-trade clause.

Nick Wright knows this - it's easy to find. But he also knows there are Cowboys fans who don't, and will hang on every word at the thought of trading Dak.
He has a no trade clause. But trading him / convincing him to accept a trade isn’t impossible. You force his hand. We aren’t extending you. You won’t even play. We are starting lance. Of course he will have a say in where he goes but it’s far from impossible to convince him to leave. But this will never happen. Our FO is too dumb.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He has a no trade clause. But trading him / convincing him to accept a trade isn’t impossible. You force his hand. We aren’t extending you. You won’t even play. We are starting lance. Of course he will have a say in where he goes but it’s far from impossible to convince him to leave. But this will never happen. Our FO is too dumb.
Force his hand by paying him tens of millions of dollars to sit one year, take no lumps, and then hit free agency? Man, I'd love to negotiate with some of you.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything that was said. But is there really any team that would take on his contract/contract extension?

Additionally, why would any teams fan base think, if he couldn't do it in Dallas it isn't a problem because he could here.
The real question: is there a team that would compel Dak to waive his no-trade clause when he can be a free agent in 2025? He has no incentive to do that.

sbark

Reaction score
Force his hand by paying him tens of millions of dollars to sit one year, take no lumps, and then hit free agency? Man, I'd love to negotiate with some of you.

sunk-cost fallacy​

noun
the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.
"the sunk-cost fallacy creeps into a lot of major financial decisions"

.....I am beginning to think, with the “ anon “ inter team rumblings after the game.....keeping Dak could shatter the locker room

cowboys1732

Reaction score
And if the Cowboys made it that transparent they wanted to move on from Dak in a trade, I would surmise another team would simply wait until he was cut post June 1. This is all hyperbole anyways, it‘s obvious the band will be back together next year and that includes Dak. Embrace the suck.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am not pushing any agenda here and I am speaking about ANY player with a no-trade clause, not just Dak Prescott.

You can strongly encourage a no-trade-clause player to accept a trade if you tell them you are not going to play them the whole season.

There is no rule saying you have to start or play a player with a big contract, so a team would have some leverage if they really wanted to trade a no-trade-clause player.

While it would be foolish for a team to waste that money, from a leverage standpoint not playing them would very likely impact their free agent contract with their next team given they would be a year older and having not played for a year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if the Cowboys made it that transparent they wanted to move on from Dak in a trade, I would surmise another team would simply wait until he was cut post June 1. This is all hyperbole anyways, it‘s obvious the band will be back together next year and that includes Dak. Embrace the suck.
:muttley:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So once Jerry comes out and says we are keeping MM the media goes to the next target. This is going to be a fun offseason. :huh: :thumbdown:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

sunk-cost fallacy​

noun
the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.
"the sunk-cost fallacy creeps into a lot of major financial decisions"

.....I am beginning to think, with the “ anon “ inter team rumblings after the game.....keeping Dak could shatter the locker room
If you're going to cite a fallacy then make sure you know what it means. The sunk cost is the Cowboys perspective. I'm talking about Dak's perspective.

You want to pay him a bunch of money to stay healthy for a year and then hit free agency? I'm sure he and his agent would be just fine with that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will still pull for him to be successful and the team wins, I just do not have any confidence it will happen when it matters. Maybe year 9 is his lucky year.
Enough with the dreaming bud...................Luck has nothing to do with it as we don't have the GM, HC, or QB to win in the playoffs!
THE END!
customizableheadstone3_20151016-12423-69onrq-0_preview_featured.jpg

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah that isn’t how it works. If you think he wants to sit on the bench , you aren’t being realistic