First Things First FOX:The Cowboys should try to trade Dak Prescott for Draft picks

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. Please force me to take $58M and watch from the sideline. I will negotiate with you all day.
Yeah, if you have no pride or competitiveness, this is the attitude you would have. Either way, the right guy is on the bench

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
No trade clause. Dak isn't going to waive it to go to Tennessee or Atlanta. It's moot.
DAK is all about the money,...if GB can trade the DIVA Rodgers...(who also had a no-trade clause)....DAK can be traded as well......DAK will listen, if he can get another 50-60mil on a 4yr-5yr contract.... you bet he packs his bags and catches the first flight out. But it would take Jerry playing hard ball with DAK and we all no that is not gonna happen....Jerry is a push over and will pay DAK...

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Maybe we could trade Dak to the Niners for 9 number 1 picks. The gave up 3 for Lance.
Sadly, i think nobody will give much for him. We're out the cash and stuck with a product worth much less.
I'd just as soon accept that the cash is gone, move on and get the pain over with sooner.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by premium picks, but the Rams gave up 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 threes, and Jared Goff for Stafford. I think Dak would bring at least 2 Number 1s even with the contract he will sign. People don't pay QBs so much money because they grown on trees or they are worth nothing. If Jerry is going to trade Dak he should expect compensation for a top 10 QB.
I don't think you would get that much plus you have to pay him 60 million.

Most of the recent teams have been burned on these veteran multi year deals (Watson, Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G, Russel Wilson).

I can't see most team being like "oh it will be different if we trade premium picks for Dak and pay him a ton of money trust us it's way smarter than those other guys".

The only team I could maybe see is the Bears since I think they have multiple first rounders but then again nothing's stopping then from just drafting the best QB in the class and then a top OT or WR with the next pick. Cheaper and younger

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If most have been paying attention, Jerry doesn’t work that way. He is not proactive but reactive. Also, he is not going to pay Dak to not play, there is no free lunch with him. Expect Jerry to extend him right before the Super Bowl just to steal the limelight.
Same exact thing I said

morat1959

Reaction score
I have no idea what you mean by premium picks, but the Rams gave up 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 threes, and Jared Goff for Stafford. I think Dak would bring at least 2 Number 1s even with the contract he will sign. People don't pay QBs so much money because they grown on trees or they are worth nothing. If Jerry is going to trade Dak he should expect compensation for a top 10 QB.
Sarcasm?

Steve007

Reaction score
No trade clause. Dak isn't going to waive it to go to Tennessee or Atlanta. It's moot.
The only thing the Cowboys could do when they extend his contract is to remove the no trade clause. They wont, Jerry is going to hit the rewind button.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything that was said. But is there really any team that would take on his contract/contract extension?

Additionally, why would any teams fan base think, if he couldn't do it in Dallas it isn't a problem because he could here.
Sadly our organization is not known for being the best run as evidenced by our lack of SBs lately that goes well beyond players like Dak. That said, I am thinking we are limiting our scope on who would take Dak. The market might surprise us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
For most athletes who demand a no-trade clause their primary goal is to avoid being sent to a bad team or a city/location where they do not want to live for some reason
This^^^^^1000%
They are not telling their team you can never trade me. Just I want some control over where I'm traded.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only thing the Cowboys could do when they extend his contract is to remove the no trade clause. They wont, Jerry is going to hit the rewind button.
Of course. Dakky provides Jethro a relative and interesting product to hype and promote.

Last thing he wants is to start over rebuilding from scratch again. This team is a cash cow.

Our dysfunctional ownership can sell the hell out of this one and done playoff choking horse all the way to the bank.

Shoot, he sold the hell out of 8-8. 12-5 is like heaven to him. Only thing that brings about real change around here is 5-11 or 1-7. And be careful what we wish for. Could be worse.

zeke21

Reaction score
To anyone who think Dak would get 'Stafford' level picks.. lol, lol and lol again.

Stafford was a #1 pick that made an ordinary franchise look way way better than it deserved.. could make all the throws.. was tough as hell and is a smart QB. The fact he won the SB the next year did not surprise me at all.. he always had the talent. Like so many other really really talented QBs that get drafted to these poor franchises.. he just never had the tools around him.

This is why Dak is fundamentally overvalued by our fan base because they don't understand the QB paradise that we are. Cooper Rush won games with this team. One of the reasons why Dak never wants to come out of the game and won't tolerate a half decent back up is because he knows very well that he would lose his job.

Seriously.. Dak is so far inferior to Stafford it isn't funny.

If we got a late 1st round/early 2nd rounder for Dak it would be a win. I'd still be reaching out to Chicago and seeing if we could possibly find a way to get them to part with pick 9 for Dak our and our first and something else. Not because I think they would but you never know.. miracles happen.