First time in 40 years

zack

Reaction score
I have been an active fan for 40 years, watching every game since about 6 years old. For the first time in my life, I have turned off the game two weeks in a row in the third quarter. Even in the 1-15 season, I watched the games because I knew we were bad, and there was progress as the season went on.

But this year, with the talent we have, this is just a poop show. And while many here will blame Dak, the defense and lack of scheming is atrocious. The offense is basic vanilla ice cream with a few pre snap motions thrown in there.

Garrett is a joke. Marnelli is old and tired. Richard looks lost. Moore is the delivery boy. Jones is a hypocrite.

did the same thing last night. Turned it off going into the 4th quarter. Slept well. Thankfully I am beginning to not care as much when they lose.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I liked 1-15. Young players playing hard and getting better.

Much better than watching an old and tired team get worse. Or watching players held back by the coaching staff.

Right now, it's just old and tired coaches holding the team back. Dead men walking. The rest of the season is just being wasted. Better chance to win with Garrett gone. Much better chance to evaluate Moore and Dak.

I believe we beat the Commanders for the only win of that season.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have been an active fan for 40 years, watching every game since about 6 years old. For the first time in my life, I have turned off the game two weeks in a row in the third quarter. Even in the 1-15 season, I watched the games because I knew we were bad, and there was progress as the season went on.

But this year, with the talent we have, this is just a poop show. And while many here will blame Dak, the defense and lack of scheming is atrocious. The offense is basic vanilla ice cream with a few pre snap motions thrown in there.

Garrett is a joke. Marnelli is old and tired. Richard looks lost. Moore is the delivery boy. Jones is a hypocrite.
I didn't turn the game off, but I started doing other things and barely paid attention.

Disgusting display.

And disgustingly frustrating, because there are so many things that obviously need to be done, but because we have a horrific GM, they aren't being done.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The apathy and disgust toward this organization has been building so much over the past years, and when you put a product out that the fans have no interest in or find unentertaining, then there is no enthusiasm to continue to spend time watching it. If Jones has any intelligence in that exasperatingly blowhard of a head of his, he would quickly realize he better do something powerful to bring back the fanbase. I'm a 55 yrs. Cowboy fan and I'm really shocked at the lack of energy and lack of excitement or joy I no longer have toward following this pro team. I never thought I would get to this point, but it's just not worth it, given the mediocrity and delusional state of this team.
The trolls of this forum dont represent the the fanbase.

tenor.gif

See ya

jerry-jones-cowboys-wink-eye-pointing-gif-9979277

InTheZone

Reaction score
For the first time all year I stuck around after the game to watch the post game stuff just to see if anything was going to blow up. I also laughed more times in this game than I have in other games, I think it had to do with Aikman pointing out facts about the flaws from coaching to ownership to the qb and defense and then seeing the pathetic display play out right after. I also enjoyed reading the shared frustration and ridiculous defending of certain players.

I've lost hope of any change happening during the season so I can't say I rooted for the bears, but I can never disagree with rooting for the opponent if it means change for the greater good in the immediate future. It really is sad it's just taking this long for change to happen. The flaws with QB abilities, defensive abilities and critical situation blunders I've been complaining about for the last few years and even for a few years with Romo's team. All our flaws are being exposed full time and now people are questioning what happens during the week. I've been asking about this for some while.

What do coaches see in practice with Dak that translates to them thinking he's a decisive, accurate passer with a natural feel to use his feet and read defenses in the read option because you can see the thought process with everything he does, it's terrible. Are the backups so limited they can't contend with average standards? Why are they even here if they suck that bad?
What do coaches see in the defense at practice that has them sleeping easy at night? And then to see certain individuals just bumming it up almost every single week? Why do the coaches insist on not removing the problem before the season is over?
What does Maher do in practice that convinces them he won't suck on game day? You cannot tell me that those 300 Div 1/2 kickers that have played in recent years all suck more.

We see the same mistakes over and over and over but coaches act like there's a point of no return once the season starts and any changes to the roster will destroy the team. Not one coach on this team can tell me they actually criticize these players to humble them and make them hungry. I remember Bill Parcells saying things players didn't want to hear, I don't get the feeling anything is said to hurt the players' feelings on this current team. Are these players aware they probably won't have a chance with another team after this year? Do they care? If they don't then why are they here? These are all issues that lie with the coaches.

Reaction score
i can't believe what Jerry has done to the great Dallas Cowboys. Built a palace, then sticks a failed offensive coordinator as head coach, to fail again. :facepalm:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you proud to be a lame semi-fan. Sounds more Millennial than 40-year type fan...

BigTx66

Reaction score
The trolls of this forum dont represent the the fanbase.

tenor.gif

See ya

jerry-jones-cowboys-wink-eye-pointing-gif-9979277
Not sure what your comment means, but if you are trying to insult or denegrate me and my "fanship", then you are a sad, misguided individual. Like so many thousands of Cowboy fans, we have put up with this idiotic mediocrity of an ownership and team performance for many years, and certainly would expect more out of this organization that this consistent lack of competitiveness and success. We all have the right to opine about how we feel about this miserable team and I will continue to do so.