Video: Fish: Aikman as GM? A new NFL angle for Cowboys legend

robertfchew

Reaction score
great players usually don't do well as front office folks or coaches.
ozzie newsome is the only one that comes to mind.
but honestly...i'm intrigued by the idea of Aikman as GM.
he wouldn't have a high tolerence for dumb play.

Possibly but do are you worried at all that hes either a booze hound like jerry or high off his behind like randy Gregory? he always looks so tore up on the broadcasts. I don't know if he's even fit for a gm job.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He is a huge Mike McCarthy fan.
well aikman seems to be for a guy one week, or year, then be not for them the next week or year.
He likes to jump on bandwagons when a player or coach is looking good.

But like I say he might do good, or he might not.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Please, please, please!!!!!!!!

Seriously, have you listen to this dude when he's in the booth??????? I would hire Cowboy hater Joe Buck before I would hire Clueless Troy Boy Aikman!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I'd love this move. Half of our fans complain about losing, but scoff at signing expensive players or hiring outside the box. You want a GM or don't you? You say Aikman doesn't have experience? So he fails and we don't win a Super Bowl. Got to tell you, we ain't winning one now, anyway. At least we'd get rid of the no-accountability, clueless culture we've seen for decades. It's a moot point, because it will never happen. The only splashes we make are safe ones, inside the bargain bin.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Tony Romo would make a better GM.

tenor.gif

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This is brought up every year. He’s done at least one interview per year on the subject since 2015. It actually went mainstream around the time of the Cooper trade IIRC when he said they should blow the whole thing up and that’s when he was asked about his future as a president ala Elway.

He then was talking about if it would work in Dallas. He said he’d like to but he didn’t think the Joneses will ever cede control

kumizi

Reaction score
Please NO

His takes as an announcer are 50/50 at best. He is well spoken so people think he's better than he is.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The only way this happens is if Jerry dies. Stephen I believe has no interest in running day to day operations outside of penny pinching.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't know if Aikman is a great talent evaluator, but then again the Jones have also made a number of poor picks and moves over the years too.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd prefer about 100 people to Aikman tbh.
I like Aikman in many ways but as a shot caller at an organizational level I'm a no thanks.

He's going to follow the plan and the grain all too often.
He's basically a Stephen Jones clone in that regard and they need a balance against that.

It's also a pretty big insult to Will McClay to think Aikman can walk in and take his job that he has done sans title for a few years.

Exactly.......what qualifies Troy as the next great GM or coach.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* Personally? I'd far more prefer the " man-slide missile" Larry Allen ( former #73 ) Manning that position, than the Troy*o_O

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Just give Will McClay full control of the team as GM and VP of Player Personnel and you will have the success he had with the Desperadoes where his was DC, HC, and GM. Desperadoes had more success than the Dallas Cowboys in the new millennium because Jerry was hands off to Will McClay.

If Aikman owned a team, he would hire Will McClay as GM and VP of Player Personnel.

The "Fish" is smelling on this one.