Fish: Byron Jones likely gets squeezed out

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I seem to remember D-Law disappearing for the last half of the season, and I also remember Jones being burned often the last half of the season. Let's not break the bank for either. Heck, if we aren't going to try to improve the team, just sell off a few good players and go into 2020 with a top pick and a ton of cash, new coach, etc. It's pretty clear we are standing pat anyway this offseason, which means we aren't taking the next step in 2019.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
So not only do we not sign any decent FA'S....we dont sign out best players we drafted

Genius!....

The Patriots are doing it all wrong

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Isn't funny how our best players tend to actually play solid right before we can no longer pay them.. just fantastic.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hate to say it but I agree.....probably out of our price range. Don't be surprised to see CB with one of our top 3 picks.

Good for him now go give 30 million a year to player that no defense fears.......JJ and Sons...the Sanford and Sons of the NFL...!!!!

250px-Sanfordandsontitlecard.jpg

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Squeezed out? There is no squeezing. The cap is fine with Byron's money.

And if we let a true #1 go, who's an ironman and 99% percentile athlete at the position while never missing games, for $14million, we'd be stupid. Really stupid.

If true? SMMFH.....and then some. There's a reason about 25 people liked your post. Man, this why this organization can't get out of it's way over the last 20 years. Watch the Skins sign him.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
I seem to remember D-Law disappearing for the last half of the season, and I also remember Jones being burned often the last half of the season. Let's not break the bank for either. Heck, if we aren't going to try to improve the team, just sell off a few good players and go into 2020 with a top pick and a ton of cash, new coach, etc. It's pretty clear we are standing pat anyway this offseason, which means we aren't taking the next step in 2019.

Cant' and won't disagree with a word you said: pretty accurate. DLaw is NOT worth a huge deal and Jones did get burnt down the stretch quite a bit, especially in the playoffs. Problem with DLaw is that Randy and DIrv are gone: so he has leverage he ordinarily wouldn't have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't agree, and I seriously doubt most others would agree with you, but to each his own...

Ive been on the site. Jones was talked about as a bust up until last year. Cowboys had debated not even picking up his 5th year option.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cant' and won't disagree with a word you said: pretty accurate. DLaw is NOT worth a huge deal and Jones did get burnt down the stretch quite a bit, especially in the playoffs. Problem with DLaw is that Randy and DIrv are gone: so he has leverage he ordinarily wouldn't have.

Charles Haley was great at Dallas. However, would he have been great without guys like Lett, Maryland, etc.? There's no way to answer that of course, barring going back and replaying the seasons without those guys. But it seems too many here (not saying you) who seem to expect Lawrence to put up monster numbers all by himself, which few IF ANY defensive ends in the league can do. People routinely trash Crawford, et al as no good or not as good as their salary, then say "Lawrence disappeared" for stretches. If he's "the guy" for pass rushing, teams will concentrate on stopping or slowing him and if the other guys don't step up then it's not Lawrence's fault.

And saying let's trade him for a 4th round pick and expect that 4th rounder to out-shine Lawrence is pretty far fetched.

It's not a perfect world, Cowboys may pony up the big bucks and it pays off big, or they may pony up big bucks and it bites them in the butt, or they let him go and a draftee or Armstrong or Taco comes in and shines.

We just need to hope the first scenario plays out, because this team needs a better pass rush if it's going to be successful (SB or NFC championship), whether they get an Earl or whatever elsewhere...