Fish: Cowboys Dak - ‘Better Than Ever’?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This statement here proves how ignorant you are.

2020 QB Record:

Dak 2-3 (that's if you give him the Giants win that Dalton had to finish for the victory) .400 Win %

Dalton 4-5 (that's if you do not give him the Giants win that he came in and finished; Dalton also missed 2 games to injury and Covid) .444 Win %

So the difference in Win % was +.044 in favor of Dalton.

So based on Win % statistics how is he ignorant (according to you) given that the record reflects Dalton actually had a slightly higher win %?????

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This statement here proves how ignorant you are.
LOL. You don't have these haters on ignore yet Rocky?! All these long exaggerated posts w/stats etc....I don't read them.

We have a wonderful quarterback & NO ONE is going to change my mind. BOOM!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2020 QB Record:

Dak 2-3 (that's if you give him the Giants win that Dalton had to finish for the victory) .400 Win %

Dalton 4-5 (that's if you do not give him the Giants win that he came in and finished; Dalton also missed 2 games to injury and Covid) .444 Win %

So based on Win % statistics how is he ignorant (according to you) given that the record reflects Dalton actually had a slightly higher win %?????
How about the fact the defense was giving up 36 ppg and only forced 3 total turnovers in the games Dak started, and gave up 27 ppg and forced 20 total turnovers in the games Dalton started.

How about the fact that in Dalton's 4 wins the defense only allowed an average of 21 ppg, and forced 3 turnovers per game?

This notion that wins and losses are entirely on the QB is pretty nonsensical.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How about the fact the defense was giving up 36 ppg and only forced 3 total turnovers in the games Dak started, and gave up 27 ppg and forced 20 total turnovers in the games Dalton started.

How about the fact that in Dalton's 4 wins the defense only allowed an average of 21 ppg, and forced 3 turnovers per game?

This notion that wins and losses are entirely on the QB is pretty nonsensical.

How about in 2019 when the Dallas defense gave up an average of 20.06 points/game while the offense scored an average of 27.125 points/game? How about in 2019 when the Dallas defense had 17 total takeaways yet the offense gave it away 18 times?

Yet Dak could only lead the team to an 8-8 record?

How many times are Dak defenders going to blame the defense for Dak's inability to win the meaningful games and lead Dallas to a Championship game????

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about in 2019 when the Dallas defense gave up an average of 20.06 points/game while the offense scored an average of 27.125 points/game? How about in 2019 when the Dallas defense had 17 total takeaways yet the offense gave it away 18 times?

Yet Dak could only lead the team to an 8-8 record?

How many times are Dak defenders going to blame the defense for Dak's inability to win the meaningful games and lead Dallas to a Championship game????
Since your 2020 argument was flawed you are going to switch to 2019 and give it another try? lol

2019 was a bad season. They happen. And, again, it's nonsense to pin that entirely on the QB. The Packers went 6-9-1 few seasons ago - was that entirely Aaron Rodgers fault?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Since your 2020 argument was flawed you are going to switch to 2019 and give it another try? lol

2019 was a bad season. They happen. And, again, it's nonsense to pin that entirely on the QB. The Packers went 6-9-1 few seasons ago - was that entirely Aaron Rodgers fault?

Sorry Dak lovers but denial isn't just a river in Africa as you have all proven when it comes to your broken demi-God. (as for my referring to 2019, you wanted to try and defend based on PPG so 2019 shows you can't keep blaming the defense for Dak's inability to win the games that matter)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry Dak lovers but denial isn't just a river in Africa as you have all proven when it comes to your broken demi-God. (as for my referring to 2019, you wanted to try and defend based on PPG so 2019 shows you can't keep blaming the defense for Dak's inability to win the games that matter)
Why "dak lover" and "demi-god" kind of nonsense you know they are struggling for an argument. If logic an facts fail, just toss out a few silly comments like that and pretend you have made a point. lol But as much as you want to pretend silly name calling makes a point, I never said anything about Dak being elite or on a pedestal above all others. I merely expect fairness in evaluating instead of pretending that losses are entirely on the QB.

I notice you failed to answer if the Packers 6-9-1 season was all Rogers fault. What about the three straight 7-9 seasons the Saints had a few years back - were those all Drew Brees fault?

Now, some other facts about 2020 ...

The Cowboys defense gave up 34 or more points in 4 of the 5 games Dak started, 2 of which the Cowboys won. They only gave up 34 or more in 2 of the 9 games Dalton started, neither of which the Cowboys won.

The Cowboys scored 31 or more in 4 of the 5 games Dak started. They scored 19 or less in 4 of the 9 games Dalton started.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Every objective fan can admit that Dak was not as good as he needed to be in 2019. However most would agree that if an offense scores 21 points that should be enough to win. But the fact of the matter is that the offense scored at least 21 points in I believe 12 games in 2019 . So if the defense had good in those games the Cowboys should have won 12 games and hosted a playoff game.. Unfortunately the defense stunk up the joint in several of those games when the offense was effective and they lost 4 of those games. However the reason people blame the defense for "games that matter" is because in several "games that matter" the defense has been absolute horse crap. In the playoffs against the Packers in 2016 they let a guy convert 3rd and 20 with the game on the line and against the Rams in 2018 they laid down and gave up damn near 300 yards rushing. Dak and the offense have been tasked with hiding a bad defense since the day he showed up in Dallas. Sure they can rise up and play a decent game now and then but overall they have stunk since he got here.. and really since 2009 overall. They don't force enough turnovers and they don't get stops when they need to with any consistency. Until that changes it doesn't much matter who you put at QB. They gave up at least 21 points 8 times in 2019. No amount of "but they ranked ... " will make that acceptable. Compare that with 2009 when they gave up 21 or more just 4 times.. In 2013 they did so 6 times. We don't even need to talk about how many times they did it this season. When the other team is hanging 3 or more TDs on you you are not a good defense. Period. I don't care what the rankings say.. The defense was bad as often as it was good last year.. This year it was absolutely horrible in 7-8 games, just bad in 4-5 more and decent in the rest. There weren't actually "good" in any of them.

The argument is not that Dak was good enough in 2019 to overcome a middle of the pack defense. Clearly he wasn't. The argument is whether he is good enough NOW to do so. I believe he is.. if you don't then fine.. But no sane person is going to try and argue that the 2020 defense was even remotely close to that mediocre 2019 defense. There is no reasonable argument to made that Dak wasn't better in 2020 than he was in 2019. Was he good enough to overcome the worst defense in franchise history? Probably not.. but if that's the standard then no QB is good enough.. The task now should be pairing 2020 Dak with something like the 2009 defense.. It doesn't need to be all time great.. but it would be nice if it could win a game or two with turnovers when the offense is having an off day. And maybe do it against a good team, not the Cincinnati's of the world. I think if we can do that, this team will be in the playoffs for the next 6-7 years and will win at least one Lombardi. But clearly there are no guarantees that this front office will do what it takes to get that done.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL. You don't have these haters on ignore yet Rocky?! All these long exaggerated posts w/stats etc....I don't read them.

We have a wonderful quarterback & NO ONE is going to change my mind. BOOM!
I've got many of them, but not all yet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
2020 QB Record:

Wins/Loses = Team Stat.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why "dak lover" and "demi-god" kind of nonsense you know they are struggling for an argument. If logic an facts fail, just toss out a few silly comments like that and pretend you have made a point. lol But as much as you want to pretend silly name calling makes a point, I never said anything about Dak being elite or on a pedestal above all others. I merely expect fairness in evaluating instead of pretending that losses are entirely on the QB.

I notice you failed to answer if the Packers 6-9-1 season was all Rogers fault. What about the three straight 7-9 seasons the Saints had a few years back - were those all Drew Brees fault?

Now, some other facts about 2020 ...

The Cowboys defense gave up 34 or more points in 4 of the 5 games Dak started, 2 of which the Cowboys won. They only gave up 34 or more in 2 of the 9 games Dalton started, neither of which the Cowboys won.

The Cowboys scored 31 or more in 4 of the 5 games Dak started. They scored 19 or less in 4 of the 9 games Dalton started.

Repeating the same points does not make your argument stronger but rather more desperate.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Every objective fan can admit that Dak was not as good as he needed to be in 2019. However most would agree that if an offense scores 21 points that should be enough to win. But the fact of the matter is that the offense scored at least 21 points in I believe 12 games in 2019 . So if the defense had good in those games the Cowboys should have won 12 games and hosted a playoff game.. Unfortunately the defense stunk up the joint in several of those games when the offense was effective and they lost 4 of those games. However the reason people blame the defense for "games that matter" is because in several "games that matter" the defense has been absolute horse crap. In the playoffs against the Packers in 2016 they let a guy convert 3rd and 20 with the game on the line and against the Rams in 2018 they laid down and gave up damn near 300 yards rushing. Dak and the offense have been tasked with hiding a bad defense since the day he showed up in Dallas. Sure they can rise up and play a decent game now and then but overall they have stunk since he got here.. and really since 2009 overall. They don't force enough turnovers and they don't get stops when they need to with any consistency. Until that changes it doesn't much matter who you put at QB. They gave up at least 21 points 8 times in 2019. No amount of "but they ranked ... " will make that acceptable. Compare that with 2009 when they gave up 21 or more just 4 times.. In 2013 they did so 6 times. We don't even need to talk about how many times they did it this season. When the other team is hanging 3 or more TDs on you you are not a good defense. Period. I don't care what the rankings say.. The defense was bad as often as it was good last year.. This year it was absolutely horrible in 7-8 games, just bad in 4-5 more and decent in the rest. There weren't actually "good" in any of them.

The argument is not that Dak was good enough in 2019 to overcome a middle of the pack defense. Clearly he wasn't. The argument is whether he is good enough NOW to do so. I believe he is.. if you don't then fine.. But no sane person is going to try and argue that the 2020 defense was even remotely close to that mediocre 2019 defense. There is no reasonable argument to made that Dak wasn't better in 2020 than he was in 2019. Was he good enough to overcome the worst defense in franchise history? Probably not.. but if that's the standard then no QB is good enough.. The task now should be pairing 2020 Dak with something like the 2009 defense.. It doesn't need to be all time great.. but it would be nice if it could win a game or two with turnovers when the offense is having an off day. And maybe do it against a good team, not the Cincinnati's of the world. I think if we can do that, this team will be in the playoffs for the next 6-7 years and will win at least one Lombardi. But clearly there are no guarantees that this front office will do what it takes to get that done.

Dak sucks...there, shortened your post for you.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why in the world would Brady sign up for Jerry's circus? This fantasy keeps coming up as if it almost happened. :muttley:

There's not a chance the Cowboys would be playing in the NFC championship game, even with him. People act like Brady was winning Super Bowls behind bad lines and with a garbage defense, both of which Dallas had this season.
people dont think about the psychological effect brady has on the whole team. He has them thinking and playing like winners, and have been gaining
confidence all season.
This last win makes them believe even more that they can do it.
I am really curious to see what happens in GB game.
Brady would have got dallas to playoffs, our div was so bad, and once there who knows?