Fish: Cowboys Dak - ‘Better Than Ever’?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then Dak should not be asking for $35M plus then as he should just be paid the average of all the rest of the active roster players since he plays no more part of a win or loss than a kicker.
Delete your account.

basel90

Reaction score
What you need is a good team so you don't have to put pressure on other players and units to cover for bottom of the barrel units.

The Bucs weren't scoring any more than the 31 ppg the Cowboys were when Dak was healthy. The problem is the Cowboy defense was giving up 36 ppg. Brady wouldn't have been able to overcome that either.
i wish that was totally true. In many games the points were in futile dead time attempting to come back from earlier deficitis
In Dak's last 25 games , last year with OL RB WR corp intact , he failed to score as many points as you claim , here is some examples

22 Vs Rams
Zero Vs colts
13 Vs Saints
19 Vs Falcons
17 vs Washington
14 vs Titans
10 Vs Saints
22 vs Jets
24 vs Minn
9 vs New England
9 vs Eagles

this year the first 5 games were a mix but also futile.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Repeating the same points does not make your argument stronger but rather more desperate.
Using a blatantly flawed stat and ignoring other factors for the sake of your narrative, and instead calling me childish names like a 3rd grader, doesn't make your argument stronger.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i wish that was totally true. In many games the points were in futile dead time attempting to come back from earlier deficitis
In Dak's last 25 games , last year with OL RB WR corp intact , he failed to score as many points as you claim , here is some examples

22 Vs Rams
Zero Vs colts
13 Vs Saints
19 Vs Falcons
17 vs Washington
14 vs Titans
10 Vs Saints
22 vs Jets
24 vs Minn
9 vs New England
9 vs Eagles

this year the first 5 games were a mix but also futile.
Teams don't always get to play from ahead, and fighting back is often required. Being able to fight back from a deficit actually used to be considered a good trait.

I notice you are attempting to refute my facts about this season by talking about last season. Last season was a bad one for the offense (not just Dak - the offense as whole) - a lot of inconsistency from game to game. This season that was not the case while Dak was healthy.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Teams don't always get to play from ahead, and fighting back is often required. Being able to fight back from a deficit actually used to be considered a good trait.

I notice you are attempting to refute my facts about this season by talking about last season. Last season was a bad one for the offense (not just Dak - the offense as whole) - a lot of inconsistency from game to game. This season that was not the case while Dak was healthy.
Man, that QB that had the nickname "Captain Comeback" was a scrub too. Why did he always need to come comeback if the was good enough just to lead games from the beginning?

<hiding in bunker after pissing off ALL Cowboys fans/>
:starspin:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, that QB that had the nickname "Captain Comeback" was a scrub too. Why did he always need to come comeback if the was good enough just to lead games from the beginning?

<hiding in bunker after pissing off ALL Cowboys fans/>
:starspin:
Well, I'm not putting Dak in the category yet … lol

basel90

Reaction score

agree on many points. and the real issue is jerry's selection and meddling , and the defense has been a disappointment indeed.
The emphasis on last year was due to the small number of games this year. But from what we saw even this year, the pattern is clear and consistent. early failures and futile comebacks. I hope your faith in Dak is well founded . But usually in the NFL , if a player does not improve and take it to the next level , it usually does not get better. Either way, Dak will be signed with a huge contract and you will get your wish. I hope things work out and we get a SB win soon,

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agree on many points. and the real issue is jerry's selection and meddling , and the defense has been a disappointment indeed.
The emphasis on last year was due to the small number of games this year. But from what we saw even this year, the pattern is clear and consistent. early failures and futile comebacks. I hope your faith in Dak is well founded . But usually in the NFL , if a player does not improve and take it to the next level , it usually does not get better. Either way, Dak will be signed with a huge contract and you will get your wish. I hope things work out and we get a SB win soon,
I agree on Jerry's meddling ….

While it's true we had early failures this year, it wasn't from lack of offense or scoring, it was from too many 1st half fumbles and a poor defense. The team actually scored 15.4 points per game in the first half of the games Dak started this year, which is easily enough to be successful if the defense is helping out., and there really wasn't much of a differential between 1st half points and 2nd half points in those games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Dak made a huge jump in his deep accuracy and pokect presence from 2018 to 2019. He works. He has his own half field.

I expect he does improve his game again. I think there's some low hanging fruit to be had with better accuracy and placement on *short* throws to the backs.

The WR crew will be good and his best ever. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Jarwin. If the oline comes back healthy, it's the best since 2016, though unlikely that good. RB just isn't that strong, but that means more aggregate passing numbers.

He's set up to have a *monster* year. Another reason to expect him to play on the tag instead of sign long term.

basel90

Reaction score
I agree on Jerry's meddling ….

While it's true we had early failures this year, it wasn't from lack of offense or scoring, it was from too many 1st half fumbles and a poor defense. The team actually scored 15.4 points per game in the first half of the games Dak started this year, which is easily enough to be successful if the defense is helping out., and there really wasn't much of a differential between 1st half points and 2nd half points in those games.

Good points indeed . But he had the benefit of the full OL intact plus the RB and WR starters . My worry is that Dak is not 35 mil better than a dalton or a Gilbert . But as we agree Jerry may not benefit from the savings , not does paying Dak and DLaw and others monster salaries make any sense as we have seen . Cowboy star players who get paid guaranteed huge salaries have a history of tanking horribly ( zeke , DLaw , dez etc )