Signed by Cowboys FISH: Cowboys Plan To Re-Sign Jack Crawford *Update Signed one year deal*

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That gives him a whole 12 months to grow some eyebrows. I think not having eyebrows probably freaked people out and hurt his long-term signability.

Naw like I said before he's from an MI-6 experiment that was scrubbed because the hairless super soldiers scared children and women so much. They were deemed easier to spot than rubber terminators, so they scrapped the program.

Daillest88

Reaction score
4 sacks as a rotational player now going into his prime years.. Hoping he takes that next step

coach steele

Reaction score
Good signing. Better hope that DLAW has a breakout year. I'm a bit concerned that his back injury will hold him back. We NEED him at RDE now. We need him to be a star this year. Hopefully Crawford can play LDE full time or we sign another promising rookie. I'm hoping that Ryan Russel steps up but I'm not betting the farm.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Problem with it is, though, that there are really only two 'premium' players in the rotation, and one of those is a slip up away from taking a nice long break.

I like the DE as far as young developing talent goes. We're still missing impact players, unless Lawrence or Irving (who I think they plan to play a lot more outside) or maybe Mayowa really step up somehow.

Yes, I think we're still set up to take a first-round DE. Of course, I believe that would have been the case if we had gotten either Chris Long or Jason Jones.

I know we have other "needs," but can anyone really say we have a greater need at backup QB or safety/corner? All things equal, I continue to believe we'll take the DE because we haven't really done anything to get a "premium" player there.

coach steele

Reaction score
Yes, I think we're still set up to take a first-round DE. Of course, I believe that would have been the case if we had gotten either Chris Long or Jason Jones.

I know we have other "needs," but can anyone really say we have a greater need at backup QB or safety/corner? All things equal, I continue to believe we'll take the DE because we haven't really done anything to get a "premium" player there.
Unless you have two similarly graded players, we better pick the best player available. There is only one DE who is worth a 4 and he is a LDE. I'd rather have a playmaker because we lack that on all levels of the D and at the running back position. I'd also be ok with a trade back if we wanted Lawson or Spence.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

We drafted 2 DE's in the second round the past 2 years. At this time last year Gregory was rated higher than Bosa or Buckner. He is only gone for 4 games. You have to give him a chance to play and become a player. Sure Gregory is one slip up away form being out 10 games, but Romo is one hit from calling it a career, and then what? DE wasn't the reason for 4-12 last year, and Bosa or Buckner aren't winning you one extra game this year.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Naw like I said before he's from an MI-6 experiment that was scrubbed because the hairless super soldiers scared children and women so much. They were deemed easier to spot than rubber terminators, so they scrapped the program.
The joke doesn't work twice. ;)

gimmesix

Reaction score
We drafted 2 DE's in the second round the past 2 years. At this time last year Gregory was rated higher than Bosa or Buckner. He is only gone for 4 games. You have to give him a chance to play and become a player. Sure Gregory is one slip up away form being out 10 games, but Romo is one hit from calling it a career, and then what? DE wasn't the reason for 4-12 last year, and Bosa or Buckner aren't winning you one extra game this year.

Romo being out was the reason we went 4-12 last year, but a rookie QB isn't likely to change that much more than a rookie DE. I don't think that plays a factor because the DE would at least be expected to start and play as a rookie, which is usually what you want from such a high investment.

gimmesix

Reaction score

If we don't add to what we've got, I don't think Mayowa will start because he's a bit on the smaller side. I think he'll be a passing-down rusher. Crawford received some snaps at RDE, so he could start there if we don't want to move Lawrence while Gregory is out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So our ends are now Lawrence, Mayowa, (Gregory), J. Crawford and Russell.

I can smell the fear. (Unfortunately, it's ours.)

Are you sure that's fear you're smelling?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
was a good signing but they still lack lots of talent at the dl and overall on the defense

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I definitely think the need at QB is bigger than the need at DB where we stand right now. And compound that with the idea that we can legitimately fill the DB needs elsewhere in the draft. All we've done at QB to-date is lose a player. It was a screaming problem last season, and the hopes of improving for next year after the first round don't exist in my book.

And we don't have to have Romo down for a season for it to matter. Even a game or two could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. I can't say the same thing at any other position other than DE right now. At least at DE we've got bench guys who can play the position and a young starter who's a quality pick back for 12 games in his second season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I definitely think the need at QB is bigger than the need at DB where we stand right now. And compound that with the idea that we can legitimately fill the DB needs elsewhere in the draft. All we've done at QB to-date is lose a player. It was a screaming problem last season, and the hopes of improving for next year after the first round don't exist in my book.

And we don't have to have Romo down for a season for it to matter. Even a game or two could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs. I can't say the same thing at any other position other than DE right now. At least at DE we've got bench guys who can play the position and a young starter who's a quality pick back for 12 games in his second season.

I'll agree that QB is a bigger need than DB. We didn't fill that backup spot in free agency (other than keeping Kellen Moore on the roster), which should tell us that we at least plan to draft a developmental player there.

Dallas can say it likes to use free agency to fill its needs so it isn't forced to take a player at a certain position in the draft, but DE and QB are two positions that are glaring as needs.

You can look at the secondary and at least say we've got two starting corners (Scandrick, Carr), and third corner (Claiborne) and starting safeties (Jones, Church).

conner01

Reaction score
I think we will add another de in the draft. I really hope we add another DT to put next to Crawford too. One with some rush skills is what marinelli likes