Signed by Cowboys FISH: Cowboys Plan To Re-Sign Jack Crawford *Update Signed one year deal*

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
4 sacks is probably as much as a top round rookie DE could expect.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not sure what the team would need forgiveness for. They gave him a golden opportunity and by all reports he didn't take it serious and do his part. Either he see's the error of his ways and changes or he will be flipping burgers soon. It's totally on him

I'm not sure exactly what all the real details are in his situation last year.

When things don't work..it's just often a two-way street.

I know Jerrah was being very positive early on and later Garrett seemed to step in and get very testy about what was going on.

so I don't really know what was going on and it seemed to deteriorate.

But whatever it was it can be fixed if the parties want to.

I think Marinelli has said Hardy was OK and considered his return.

After being out a year and after going thru all the negative press last year..

That's behind him and behind the team.

If they end up drafting a DL #1..

he is going to have a lot more impact if Hardy is out there.

A lot less if not.

So if the defense is going to have any improvement..having 2-3 rookies and 2-3 second year players is going to be asking a lot.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I like this.

Crawford surprised me with how well he plays when kicked inside, and he's not terrible at DE.

He's adequate at multiple positions. Unlike Kyle Wilber whose considered "versatile", but being mediocre at multiple positions doesn't make you versatile.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what all the real details are in his situation last year.

When things don't work..it's just often a two-way street.

I know Jerrah was being very positive early on and later Garrett seemed to step in and get very testy about what was going on.

so I don't really know what was going on and it seemed to deteriorate.

But whatever it was it can be fixed if the parties want to.

I think Marinelli has said Hardy was OK and considered his return.

After being out a year and after going thru all the negative press last year..

That's behind him and behind the team.

If they end up drafting a DL #1..

he is going to have a lot more impact if Hardy is out there.

A lot less if not.

So if the defense is going to have any improvement..having 2-3 rookies and 2-3 second year players is going to be asking a lot.

No doubt Hardy could help the defense. But he causes major issues with the young players who are your future. The question is, is the talent worth the headaches and at this point every team appears to be saying "NO"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Now I didn't know that you have been developing quarterbacks for the past decade. Next time, the scouting department should just seek out your opinion on who to lead their franchise...

You don't have to be a QB coach to know that most franchise level QBs, are drafted in the first round.

There is this thing called GOOGLE that tells you what round QBs were selected in. You can enter a name like Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, and others and it tells you when they were drafted.

Pretty cool invention..........................maybe you should learn how to use it;)

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't consider Crawford anything more than the backup 3T, but at this price I like it. I think we definitely add another DE (either a draft pick, Hardy or if Jason Jones if not) and we have a good chance of getting a 1 Tech a round or two lower than we rate him on our board.

RDE - DLaw, Mayowa, Gregory
3T - T Crawford, J Crawford (and Chris Whaley?)
1T - Thornton, McClain or Draft Pick
LDE - Draft Pick (Ogbah/Dodd/Nassib?), David Irving, Ryan Russell

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You don't have to be a QB coach to know that most franchise level QBs, are drafted in the first round.

There is this thing called GOOGLE that tells you what round QBs were selected in. You can enter a name like Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, and others and it tells you when they were drafted.

Pretty cool invention..........................maybe you should learn how to use it;)

Yes. And no. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, and many other greats disagree.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Perhaps you should just knock off being a wise butt!

Quick...Google what round Roger Staubach and Tony Romo went in...or just move on from the drive by porta potties.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I would hope it's for more than a 1 year deal, but I imagine that's too much to ask for given that he clearly expected a long term deal this offseason.

Either way, I'm happy if he re-signs, even if it's just for the coming season. We need DL depth, and it sets us up to be more flexible with the draft.

Well, this was good news. With eyebrows he would have got a longer deal.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think this Crawford is more in play at the DT position, than he is at DE.

I expect a DE to be drafted within the first 3 rounds.

I do also...and I wouldn't be ashamed to warm up to an additional second round pick and 'settling' for a quality defensive end, defensive tackle, and wide receiver...and then shop for a QB, RB, and CB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, imho. Jack Crawford is a pretty solid performer -- not overly special but solid.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If we had 13 guys give us 4 sacks each we would have the best dline in the NFL. Too bad it doesnt work that way

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If we had 13 guys give us 4 sacks each we would have the best dline in the NFL. Too bad it doesnt work that way

It can work like this though:

Seahawks
2012 - 33 sks, Clemons 11.5 sks, Irvin 8 sks, Jones 3 sks, Mebane 3 sks, Scruggs 2 sks, Johnson 2 sks, Wagner 2 sks, Hill 1.5 sks, etc

2013 - 44 sks, Bennett 8.5 sks, Avril 8 sks, McDonald 5.5 sks, Wagner 5 sks, Clemons 4.5 sks, Irvin 2 sks, etc
2014 - 42 sks, Bennett 7 sks, Irvin 6.5 sks, Hill 5 sks, Avril 5 sks, Williams 3 sks, Schofield 2 sks, etc
2015 - 46 sks, Bennett 10 sks, Avril 9 sks, Irvin 5.5 sks, Clark 3 sks, Rubin 2 sks, Mebane 1.5 sks, etc

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I like this.

Crawford surprised me with how well he plays when kicked inside, and he's not terrible at DE.

He's adequate at multiple positions. Unlike Kyle Wilber whose considered "versatile", but being mediocre at multiple positions doesn't make you versatile.

Being a liability at multiple positions makes you versatile.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Seahawks
2012 - 33 sks, Clemons 11.5 sks, Irvin 8 sks, Jones 3 sks, Mebane 3 sks, Scruggs 2 sks, Johnson 2 sks, Wagner 2 sks, Hill 1.5 sks, etc

2013 - 44 sks, Bennett 8.5 sks, Avril 8 sks, McDonald 5.5 sks, Wagner 5 sks, Clemons 4.5 sks, Irvin 2 sks, etc
2014 - 42 sks, Bennett 7 sks, Irvin 6.5 sks, Hill 5 sks, Avril 5 sks, Williams 3 sks, Schofield 2 sks, etc
2015 - 46 sks, Bennett 10 sks, Avril 9 sks, Irvin 5.5 sks, Clark 3 sks, Rubin 2 sks, Mebane 1.5 sks, etc

It could. But they had at least 3 guys who were guaranteed to get them between 5-10 sacks. We have guys who might get us between 5-10 sacks if everything falls into place.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Seahawks

I like how they did it in 2015 w bennett, avril, and irvin.