Fish: Cowboys plan trade for best player in draft. Kayvon Thibodeaux?

conner01

Reaction score
well i have no contol over it so i dont really care but that does make me nervous for cowboys if it did happen with how jerry and stephen build the roster and losing all that draft picks it would take
If they think he’s the best player in the draft that would scare me
I’m not sure he’s the best player at his position in the draft, let alone the best player

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Well Fish, Breer etc all saying it means it won’t happen or the Cowboys like to let their intentions be known to get fleeced

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really like the player a lot and I think he’d be a great add to the defense. He has a chance to be a very dynamic edge rusher. However, I don’t want to gut this year’s draft to get him.

They could be looking at next year’s 1st as ammo for the trade because the salary cap is supposed to go up a lot for 2023 and they could be a lot more active in next season’s free agency, supplementing the draft. Missing a first round pick isn’t something that I like to see happen… but if you can get a bigger free agent or two, you don’t miss it nearly as much.

Anyway, that’s the only way I could see them moving up enough for KT. Frankly, I wouldn’t really mind it. I feel like he’s going to be very good.

BigSarj

Reaction score
This is absolute click-bait, not sure why folks even legitimize this guy anymore. I was listening to different podcasts while working today and he autoplayed after one, I turned him off after 5 minutes, when he said that someone who was clearly a loyal listener was "pulling something out of his purse." Reminded me of how he used to get into it with posters on a previous iteration of this forum.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see. By the traditional chart, Dallas's entire draft is worth 1382 points. The #9 pick is worth 1350. Of course, nobody's going to trade down from 9 to 24 for a package that includes tons of 3rd-day picks.

24 + 56 + next year's 1st is worth about 1500, same as pick #7. So if he were to drop to 7, you could start to see a possible trade. Not that I would ever make that trade.

To get to 4 would take 24, 56, 88 and next year's 1st and 2nd. Yowza.

Flamma

Reaction score
Let's see. By the traditional chart, Dallas's entire draft is worth 1382 points. The #9 pick is worth 1350. Of course, nobody's going to trade down from 9 to 24 for a package that includes tons of 3rd-day picks.

24 + 56 + next year's 1st is worth about 1500, same as pick #7. So if he were to drop to 7, you could start to see a possible trade. Not that I would ever make that trade.

To get to 4 would take 24, 56, 88 and next year's 1st and 2nd. Yowza.

Next year's first is worth 1500? If you were a GM in the league, would you trade with the Cowboys giving them 1500 for next year's first? I wouldn't.

In order to go from 24-4 the Cowboys need to find 1060 at minimum. That's besides our 24th pick. A 2nd and 3rd this year is only 490.

Last year the 49ers moved up from 12 to 3. They gave up pick 12, a 1st and 3rd in 2022, and a 1st in 2023. That's just 9 spots up.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is all about clicks. We need some draft buzz let’s talk about the Cowboys.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think if he falls outside to the top 10, Cowboys may consider getting him, but will not trade up higher then that

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think if he falls outside to the top 10, Cowboys may consider getting him, but will not trade up higher then that
If the Cowboys move up in the top 10, it will be for one of those offensive tackles.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is absolute click-bait, not sure why folks even legitimize this guy anymore. I was listening to different podcasts while working today and he autoplayed after one, I turned him off after 5 minutes, when he said that someone who was clearly a loyal listener was "pulling something out of his purse." Reminded me of how he used to get into it with posters on a previous iteration of this forum.
He is good.