Video: Fish - Cowboys position move scoop

Carson

Reaction score
Oh yeah waste a down year and not let Robinson play ... now hype him out. Kid should’ve been playing over Smith, Worley etc

Knowing this team, they’ll roll with Robinson and Brown starting at corner ;)

Slightly messing. I hope Robinson gets a shot ... but more as a depth guy for now

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Last season was the perfect time to let these young guys play and see where they are at. Granted rookies make mistakes and don't show what they can do but if veterans are getting smoked I much rather a rookie or young guy get smoked cause he can at least improve.

Diggs is a perfect example. He got beat often but made some plays and showed flashes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
FISH is lookin out for number 1...JOB SECURITY. lol Didn't we already know about this "scoop" a couple days ago or more? MAYBE he and Jane Slater should do some extra homework.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We like out guys.

Most interesting point is that he's a pet cat for McClay while clearly *not* a pet cat for the coaches last year. McClay is here and they're out, so Robinson makes the field this year.

Size, speed, length. Got his hands on a lot of balls in college. The only knock against him was the lack of play time in the context of so many injuries to DBs. Like the coaches had no faith in him. Now, we have no faith in those coaches.

Pencil him in as CB4.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When your DC is fighting for his job, he mortgages the future to try to squeeze out as much performance as he can today. Short timers are a problem.
short timers CAN BE solutions as well. There's 2 sides to that coin. Jimmy J knew this and wasn't afraid. That was what made Jimmy so good. Not afraid to put new blood in there. My take is, why did ya draft a guy if you refuse to play him? Regardless of the coaching sitch..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Nolan stupidly ignore the solutions staring at him..ie ANAE..maybe Francis Bernard...and until he finally HAD TO PLAY HIM, Donny Wilson. We saw how Wilson sparked the team and made plays. IMAGINE if Nolan and MM started him all year. Francis needs a fair shake. I think he will get it. Gifford will also have a chance.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Can we not have MCClay picking pet cats prematurely anymore? Dude could've drafted some real help...got the hype machine out for Robinson again. Not playing in a throw away year says a lot

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Can we not have MCClay picking pet cats prematurely anymore? Dude could've drafted some real help...got the hype machine out for Robinson again. Not playing in a throw away year says a lot
He was asked after the draft if he had a pet cat and he said Robinson. He just really liked him where they got him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Um, are people forgetting that we have a new DC in Dallas, one who liked long, rangy CBs. Robinson absolutely fits the mold for this D. I just wish whoever the staff is, that they would quit trying to be fit square pegs into round holes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They made a mistake not filling that safety roster slot with a real safety. Moving Reggie back is the FO's way of admitting that was a mistake without actually having to say it. Reggie is a good CB that just lost a year playing that position. Let's hope that didn't hurt his pro career as a CB. Let's also hope they finally hire a legit experienced safety in that safety roster slot that Reggie is leaving.