Fish: Hopkins definitely an option for Cowboys

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it doesn't make sense to pay Gallup that much to be a 4th WR. I'm not suggesting it as a template but this is the opportunity at hand. You add Hopkins and now you've put yourself in position to be one of the favorites to win a title.

That's how paying a 4th WR that kind of salary makes sense for this year. The Lombardi Trophy.

Are there enough balls to go around? No. This isn't about shifting the offensive philosophy away from the running game. Everyone would have to sacrifice personal stats for the overall good of the offense. This is about taxing playoff defenses with just too many weapons to account for on the field.

Tony Pollard can make a play to win a game. CeeDee Lamb can make a play to win a game. Brandin Cooks can make a play to win a game. DeAndre Hopkins can make a play to win a game. These guys not only can but they thrive on it. They're playmakers.

That's a lot for any playoff defense to handle. To the point of system failure I believe and we haven't even accounted for the new annoying gnat running around the field. You ever try to tackle a midget? They are amazingly elusive. Like Rocky and the chicken.

Upset the apple cart and go for it.

Jipper

Reaction score
Fish is challenging Jerry here to back up his statement that he'd write a check larger than you can imagine to win a Super Bowl.

Here's your opportunity. Do it.

The 49ers are requesting that you don't.
Yup...and with the defense where it is now if we add Hopkins I think this team rockets up to the same level of the 49ers and eagles

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what so we know now?

We know that the Cowboys will make an offer to Hopkins and if he signs somewhere else he will have taken a lesser deal.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I wanted Hopkins earlier in the process. I'm ok with Cooks at this point.

I think Dallas should keep their powder dry just in case Dalvin Cook gets cut. Then you use your resources to acquire a piece that will help complete the offense.