Twitter: Fish: Jones coaching search will feature a wide cabinet and large net

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I doubt it.

I heard that it was going to be an exhaustive search after Parcells decided he had enough and it boiled down to Phillips and Norv Turner.

His deeper history is not good either. He had a short list of Seifert, Terry Donahue and Sherm Lewis before he picked Gailey.

Exhaustive? Not really.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I doubt it.

I heard that it was going to be an exhaustive search after Parcells decided he had enough and it boiled down to Phillips and Norv Turner.

His deeper history is not good either. He had a short list of Seifert, Terry Donahue and Sherm Lewis before he picked Gailey.

Exhaustive? Not really.

Replaced Gailey with Campo. That search was a sham. Gailey was an outsider and bucked against the puppet role he found himself in and Jerry was dead set on hiring a yes man, hence a sham search and Campo being promoted to "HC".

As you said Wade's hire was a joke. Jerry didn't want a real HC where he'd have to continue walking on eggshells. He just wanted a DC who knew how to run the 3-4. And I guess we don't really have to talk about the fake "search" when Garrett got hired since he was puppet-in-waiting from the day he hired in as OC.

As Jerry has shown the last 25 years, he's not interested in an actual HC. He just wants someone to wear the headset on the sidelines who he is comfortable with while he tinkers and meddles and tries not be overshadowed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who wanna bet coaches agents are already dropping their client's name in the hat.

So they're just advertising that they are searching for a new coach already, eh?

I guess this is being claimed as a complete certainty now.

Alexander

Reaction score
Y’know, the Cowboys are still first in the division and control their own destiny.
Yes, they do. But seriously. Ask yourself.

Does it matter?

Do you buy that "just get into the tournament" nonsense they are spewing out now?

I know I don't.

Dallas gets either San Francisco or Seattle the way things are going.

That is a one and done. About what we are used to. And all for the bragging rights to say we got in.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Yes, they do. But seriously. Ask yourself.

Does it matter?

Do you buy that "just get into the tournament" nonsense they are spewing out now?

I know I don't.

Dallas gets either San Francisco or Seattle the way things are going.

That is a one and done. About what we are used to. And all for the bragging rights to say we got in.

It just seems odd to me. I can’t recall a similar circumstance—a team first in its division and controlling its own destiny. Yet, here the media is, talking about replacement coaches as if the team has been eliminated.

Alexander

Reaction score
It just seems odd to me. I can’t recall a similar circumstance—a team first in its division and controlling its own destiny. Yet, here the media is, talking about replacement coaches as if the team has been eliminated.

Just admit it, this is about the worst the entire division has looked for a very long time. There is no pride in being considered first.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y’know, the Cowboys are still first in the division and control their own destiny.

That they do.

A damn mystifying team really.

It's not any one thing like Jerry or Garrett who's the problem. It's more like a dozen small problems that randomly get a little worse or a little less worse from week to week.

The odds are pretty high that Garrett will not be offered another contract after the season concludes.

It will be interesting which coaches will be retained under the next coach.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

But this isn’t just media clamor. Garrett entered this season as a lame duck coach with no contract beyond this season, and Jerry is publicly stating Garrett basically has to win the Super Bowl to keep his job.

Not to mention, saying, “We will not fire Jason mid season” isn’t exactly an endorsement that he’s in your long term plans.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That they do.

A damn mystifying team really.

It's not any one thing like Jerry or Garrett who's the problem. It's more like a dozen small problems that randomly get a little worse or a little less worse from week to week.

The odds are pretty high that Garrett will not be offered another contract after the season concludes.

It will be interesting which coaches will be retained under the next coach.
I don't want Columbo.
I don't want anyone on the D side.
I don't want O'Quinn.

Everyone else is up to the next regime.

'
\

If I was King.

nobody

Reaction score
"Do you mind being a puppet?"
"Do you think Jerry Jones is a fantastic GM?"
"Do you think Jerry Jones is the best owner?"
"Will you accept all blame for anything bad and let Jerry have credit for anything good?"

If the answer to all of these is Yes, it's Jerry's dream candidate.