Twitter: Fish: Jones coaching search will feature a wide cabinet and large net

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I agree with most of that.

I think the entire defensive coaching staff is toast.

I think Moore & Kitna survive.

Eh. If JJ goes nuclear enough, no one on this team is safe, including all the players. I wouldn’t rule out a mass firing/cutting during the offseason.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I thought Garrett had died the way Jones was crying. That is so unprofessional. Can you see your boss crying over you like that if someone wanted you canned? I've never seen an owner of any sport that emotional over something like this. I think the man needs professional help.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I thought Garrett had died the way Jones was crying. That is so unprofessional. Can you see your boss crying over you like that if someone wanted you canned? I've never seen an owner of any sport that emotional over something like this. I think the man needs professional help.

its like when Johnny Sack cried in the sopranos. No one respected him after that!

All the tough losses through the years no one cried until yesterday.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh. If JJ goes nuclear enough, no one on this team is safe, including all the players. I wouldn’t rule out a mass firing/cutting during the offseason.

Well there's a whole slew of players who are free agents.

There's going to be turnover regardless.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Well there's a whole slew of players who are free agents.

There's going to be turnover regardless.

I’d let all of them be free. What’s the worst that could happen? This team is already on a downward verge of failure. Just rebuild. Rather it be through free agency, trading, of the draft. Just let them go. It cannot get any worse.

mardwin

Reaction score
After slobbering and drooling all over Garrett last night don't be surprised if Jerry extends him.

I think Jerry is going through the painful phase of acceptance with Jason Garrett and that's why he is so reluctant to give him the boot in season. He invested a decade in grooming the guy and went out of his way to make sure Garrett had what he needed to be successful. He can give Garrett all the time he wants but the outcome will still be the same.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d let all of them be free. What’s the worst that could happen? This team is already on a downward verge of failure. Just rebuild. Rather it be through free agency, trading, of the draft. Just let them go.

Some of those players will have value.

But I think a good percentage will probably be allowed to leave... Witten and Lee in particular.

I think they'll try to retain Quinn and Bennett if they can.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It's all about Jones. His boy has failed which in turn means JJ has failed which effects his own ego being a questionable GM. He cares nothing about JG personally. JG's success was just a way of justifying himself as a football guy. Mission failed!!

Plankton

Reaction score
It just seems odd to me. I can’t recall a similar circumstance—a team first in its division and controlling its own destiny. Yet, here the media is, talking about replacement coaches as if the team has been eliminated.

See the Dallas Cowboys in 1999.