Video: Fish on ET situation

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If we dont play seattle cover 3 than no thanks. Why would he freelance in bmore but not in dallas?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Who will keep him in check? I don't know a lot about our coaching staff and dealing with elite players.

mikemcarthyaaronrodgers.gif

Sit your 5 dollar butt down before I make change!!!

No wait....yea sign Earl ASAP

big miiiike keeps that eye contact he don’t give a fffffff!!! Haha love it

slick325

Reaction score
If we dont play seattle cover 3 than no thanks. Why would he freelance in bmore but not in dallas?

I don't recall how much Mike Nolan teams play Cover 3. But, I think you are right. He may have to be in that coverage to get the best out of him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't recall how much Mike Nolan teams play Cover 3. But, I think you are right. He may have to be in that coverage to get the best out of him.
They said wed run more two safety looks. If so I'd pass on Earl.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Good insight, take a listen here:

Thomas can still "play" but he's not the player he was in his prime. Now you've got the attitude issues to go along with it.

I would've loved to have had him a few years ago. Now, if they sign him so be it. If they don't that's fine too.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only thing that makes me wonder is this dude use to sprint out of the locker room in Seattle to run to watch MNF when we were playing. A very strange dynamic that I’ve never heard of. Hopefully he would keep his cool, but who knows?!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We'll have to live with it either way obviously. Age aside I would rather have ET than Jamal Adams believe it or not and we would not have to give up any picks. Give him a 2-3 year deal and let him know he can retire in his home state. He'll respect that loyalty.

Other than our new draft picks and Anthony Brown our whole secondary is on last year deals. We're worried ET's going to hurt their feelings? He will be the secondaries leader for the next 2-3 years with who we draft and pick up in FA, knowing ET is here and respecting his skins on the wall.

Believe me, the Jets were having problems with Adams and he is nowhere as good as ET in coverage but is better close to the line of scrimmage. But ET is no push over in that regard either.

In Nolan's system the safeties are interchangeable which I think is good especially if injury occurs. I don't think ET is just a cover 3 safety as he is extremely instinctive and always around the ball if that is his primary function on that snap.

ET's passer rating against him was under 25 QPR and the next safety had twice that rating.

OK I don't want to pay him what the Ravens did and he's going to want guaranteed money. But if we can get a properly structured deal that protects us against certain behavior than we should get this War Daddy on our team.

His skills are not anywhere as diminished as they are saying and remember last season he did come off an injury.

ET can help tip the scale on our defense and Haha isn't sounding like that guy we need.

Woods is much better playing closer to the line and having ET who can also play the slot ala Darren Woodson would allow all the flexibility this secondary needs in this scheme.

Last edited: