Fish report: Belichick wants to coach Cowboys

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

He needs to start putting a staff together at least on paper. My concern would be who is the OC.

What he did in NE during Mac Jones second year was mind boggling.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He needs to start putting a staff together at least on paper. My concern would be who is the OC.

What he did in NE during Max Jones second year was mind boggling.
Isn't it Mac Jones? It isn't going to happen anyway, so no one should get their hopes up. Besides, his age is an issue, plus the fact he wouldn't have a Tom Brady on the roster, and would want more control than Jerry will ever give him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Isn't it Mac Jones? It isn't going to happen anyway, so no one should get their hopes up. Besides, his age is an issue, plus the fact he wouldn't have a Tom Brady on the roster, and would want more control than Jerry will ever give him.
Typo x and c are next to each other.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

What he did in NE during Max Jones second year was mind boggling.
That would whomever Jerry gives him. Remember, Jerry's HC's haven't been allowed to pick their staff since the Parcells days.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That would whomever Jerry gives him. Remember, Jerry's HC's haven't been allowed to pick their staff since the Parcells days.
Correct. However, when he hires a legit coach he at least pretends they have power for a year or two.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Belichick would have been a good hire when Garrett wasn’t retained. Not that he was available then, but the roster was close after a couple of decent drafts, then lucking into Lamb and Parsons.

This is not a close to ready to win roster, it’s closer to a rebuild.

Some of you may argue that and fine, but let’s watch this season play out before we go saying that hiring BB is the right answer. I sincerely doubt it on several levels.

And I still need an explanation of how the guy who says as little as possible to the media about the team works well directly with another who runs for any mic he can find.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Belichick would have been a good hire when Garrett wasn’t retained. Not that he was available then, but the roster was close after a couple of decent drafts, then lucking into Lamb and Parsons.

This is not a close to ready to win roster, it’s closer to a rebuild.

Some of you may argue that and fine, but let’s watch this season play out before we go saying that hiring BB is the right answer. I sincerely doubt it on several levels.

And I still need an explanation of how the guy who says as little as possible to the media about the team works well directly with another who runs for any mic he can find.
Well if arguably the best HC of all time can't fix it???

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I read the article that stated he wanted to coach in the NFC East. I think the Giants would be the perfect team since that's where he came from. Then it speculates the Eagles because Jeffrey Lurie was fascinated with the patriots franchise 10 years ago. Then for the Cowboys it just says he gets along well with Jerry Jones. I don't see the Eagles wanting him, or us. I suspect if he wants to coach in the NFL East it would be the Giants. I don't believe the article anyway.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's gonna either be Belichick or Deion.....the demise at the hands of the Packers and the anointing of the Texans was more than dear Jerry could bear.

The first response salvo fired will be a major trade at the 2024 draft.....the 2nd will be the hiring of a new coach in 2025.

" Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin out the scenery, breaking my mind........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fish refers to himself as your trusty reporter? :rolleyes: He’s wrong about everything.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's gonna either be Belichick or Deion.....the demise at the hands of the Packers and the anointing of the Texans was more than dear Jerry could bear.

The first response salvo fired will be a major trade at the 2024 draft.....the 2nd will be the hiring of a new coach in 2025.

" Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin out the scenery, breaking my mind........
And the sign said
"Long-haired freaky people
Need not apply