Fish report: Belichick wants to coach Cowboys

DenCWBY

Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

Every old coach on their last stint wants to get paid for a 3-year tour with the circus. No expectations or pressure to succeed. Just show up on draft day and Sundays during the season. Then make your vacation plans for January.

plymkr

Reaction score
If we’re going to blow it up in 2025, then let’s just blow it up now. 2024 is going to be toxic mess. Just clean house now if you’re going to do it next season.JMO

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This came out this morning,7am. The latest on BB coming here in 2025. I am curious to see what Jones boys say about this, if anything.
Basically some people close to BB leaked that Bill only has 1 team in mind for his job next season and that is the Cowboys.
So Bill hasnt actually stated this publicly.

It would explain what is happening this off season, they are waiting for the new HC to be in on any big decisions.
So it is still wait and see what actually does happen.

This is 19 min video, so you guys ....and gals should watch it?

I agree with fish that this should not be leaked intentionally till after 24 season ends. which is why I am curious about the jones reaction to it.

Won't make a difference unless the Joneses' philosophy concerning free agents changes. I mean, for all the talk of wanting to build teams like New England did, it's easy to forget that they had some major FA acquisitions that completed those teams. On their first championship roster, they added former first-round pick Antowain Smith from a rival to lead their rushing attack. Wes Welker, Darrelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore (in his prime), Rodney Harrison and Mike Vrabel are some other notable additions.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Control freak Jerry would never go for this. If he had another stadium he wanted to build he might consider it, but nope, no stadium plans in the works.
Maybe Bill is the key to getting curtains for the windows

Chasing6

Reaction score
Won't make a difference unless the Joneses' philosophy concerning free agents changes. I mean, for all the talk of wanting to build teams like New England did, it's easy to forget that they had some major FA acquisitions that completed those teams. On their first championship roster, they added former first-round pick Antowain Smith from a rival to lead their rushing attack. Wes Welker, Darrelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore (in his prime), Rodney Harrison and Mike Vrabel are some other notable additions.
BB did not pay for big time WR's or RB's.

gimmesix

Reaction score
BB did not pay for big time WR's or RB's.
I just listed that they signed former first-rounder Antowain Smith the first year they went to the Super Bowl and he gave them a strong ground game. Now, they did sign him as a bargain, but then turned around and gave him a 5-year, $21 million deal, which was good money for an RB then. He had been a solid back in Buffalo, but was coming off a down year and the Patriots grabbed him.

But I'm not interested in quibbling over positions. What the Patriots did was selectively sign free agents, some of them cheap and some of them not so cheap (Revis signed a one-year, $12 million deal). They didn't have a set in stone FA philosophy to only sign outside players if they are cheap. I don't believe Belichick or any coach can win with those limitations.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I just listed that they signed former first-rounder Antowain Smith the first year they went to the Super Bowl and he gave them a strong ground game. Now, they did sign him as a bargain, but then turned around and gave him a 5-year, $21 million deal, which was good money for an RB then. He had been a solid back in Buffalo, but was coming off a down year and the Patriots grabbed him.

But I'm not interested in quibbling over positions. What the Patriots did was selectively sign free agents, some of them cheap and some of them not so cheap (Revis signed a one-year, $12 million deal). They didn't have a set in stone FA philosophy to only sign outside players if they are cheap. I don't believe Belichick or any coach can win with those limitations.
GM Jerry is infatuated with skill positions and tends to neglect the trenches.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Maybe on the defensive side (although we did just spend a first-round pick on a DT). We've spent pretty good draft capital on offensive linemen, and it won't surprise me if we spend another first on one this year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He needs to start putting a staff together at least on paper. My concern would be who is the OC.

What he did in NE during Mac Jones second year was mind boggling.
Dabol would be a possible OC for Belichick if the Giants terminate him after this season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Under Belichick, the Patriots have drafted six skill position players in the first round since 2000 (when he became coach).

Over that same period, we've drafted five.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If we’re going to blow it up in 2025, then let’s just blow it up now. 2024 is going to be toxic mess. Just clean house now if you’re going to do it next season.JMO
jerry didnt want to pay MM for doing nothing in 24. And this is a clear the cap year.

rags747

Reaction score
Just say NO! No freaking way I want this old dude coaching the Cowboys. Notice what he did once Brady left. No No No No!