Fish: Schefter is reporting a rumor the Cowboys could use a high draft pick on a QB

J817

Reaction score
Not totally. They can say we have open competition then at camp.
No it wont, it was a 4th rounder for a look, and a decent enough dart throw considering this rosters situation.
Maybe, I still don’t see it happening. I don’t think an 80 year old Jerry has the mindset to allow a rookie and a project battle it out in camp.

J817

Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, it's probably better not to rule anything out........we have NO clue what's going on at the Star
I think we do. Many us has watched Jerry and crew run things for most of our lives. What is happening at the Star has been posted in this forum. Dak will get extended, they will draft OL in the first, draft a risky player in the 2nd etc… There will no surprises. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the Cowboys marketing team floating these rumors around for attention.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Even if the Cowboys picked qb in the 1st they still likely would let Dak play out his last year since he has a no trade clause

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the Cowboys marketing team floating these rumors around for attention.
This^^^^^ pretty sure they are coming from the Star. Jerry will a pre-draft presser in a couple of weeks. Let's see if he shut any of the rumors down.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, it's probably better not to rule anything out........we have NO clue what's going on at the Star
But we have inclinations based on past history, but maybe Jerry decides to flip the script and make all the headlines on draft day.

slick325

Reaction score
More Cowboys negotiations thru the media. Smh...same antics and games that result in the player getting the upper hand when the contract is signed.

ShortRound

Reaction score
They're all just throwing out random ideas; they don't know what's going to happen, especially Fish.

"What are they going to do at quarterback if they lose Dak? That's interesting. And that's why I think the Cowboys might be a sleeper team in the quarterback market during the draft," Schefter said during Tuesday's episode ofNFL Live

Still, Dallas remains favored to pick an offensive tackle - at No. 24, with no trade forecasted.

"The Cowboys probably need to address their offensive line, and while they could trade down, this would be a spot in which they could pursue an immediate starter at left tackle while leaving Tyler Smith at left guard," ESPN writes. "I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas simply stayed put and took a tackle here."