Fish: Schefter is reporting a rumor the Cowboys could use a high draft pick on a QB

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I said typically(see Jets) and according to our fans, if you don't win the SB, then what's the point? To them we would have been better going 3 and 13 and a higher draft pick.
Our conversations here on CZ are rarely restricted to how things typically happen, newbie. In reality, everything is not typical in Texas, especially when it comes to the Cowboys. So you have no point. The Cowboys are seeking their sixth SB so again they aren't typical.

raven55

Reaction score
he walked that remark back and stated maybe in the later rounds which if they do will make the trey lance 4th round look even more stupid

Chasing6

Reaction score
Our conversations here on CZ are rarely restricted to how things typically happen, newbie. In reality, everything is not typical in Texas, especially when it comes to the Cowboys. So you have no point. The Cowboys are seeking their sixth SB so again they aren't typical.
Hahaha.....the last 28 years have been below typical. When did I say anything was restricted?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Doesnt make a whole lot of sense in this draft, unless they want to move up for McCarthy or Maye(assuming Washington take Daniels). After the McCarthy, you are talking Kenny Pickett caliber prospects
We got Trance. We should be able to easily resign him next season. Why waste another pick.

Motorola

Reaction score
Trade Trance the Broncos for a 5th.
Sean Payton: "Chasing 6...thanks - but no thanks.
Already have Cowboys former 7th rd pick (and CZers fav) Ben DiNucci on my team, who was a star in the XFL last year.
He and Jarrett Stidham will compete with McCarthy if he slides to my No. 12.
I also have picks in rounds 3/4/5 if someone intriguing is still on the board.
Memorable experience working for Jerry back then...but I'm not going to bail him out of that trade he made last summer."

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sean Payton: "Chasing 6...thanks - but no thanks.
Already have Cowboys former 7th rd pick (and CZers fav) Ben DiNucci on my team, who was a star in the XFL last year.
He and Jarrett Stidham will compete with McCarthy if he slides to my No. 12.
I also have picks in rounds 3/4/5 if someone intriguing is still on the board.
Memorable experience working for Jerry back then...but I'm not going to bail him out of that trade he made last summer."
If McCarthy slides to 11, Im picking up the phone

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is not legit.
It was speculation not sourced by Shefty then speculated on more by Fish.
This is the utter stupidity that has been social media, media members pointing fingers at each other as a source when it is all circular speculation.
We should be able to fire these people who do this intentionally into the sun.

If Dallas wants a clean break at QB drafting a QB makes sense BUT they have no real draft ammo so they'd need to move one of Micah or CeeDee to get real ammo.
Grabbing a QB at 24 is a VERY VERY low chance of being a legit NFL starter and less than 1% chance of being as good as the guy you have now.
Maybe a 2-3% chance that player is as good as Purdy. Which is why San Fran took about 4 swings at QB post Jimmy G.
Trade out of 1st round and pick up a 2025 first round pick. Dallas will have enough ammo from the extra 1st round pick plus the extra picks from compensation for losing personnel.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I thought Dallas always drafted best player available.
I'm taking that for sarcasm. Oftentimes, they'll draft for need -- and that where and when they can get into trouble. I'm hoping they take the best player available to fill their needs but it's anyone's guess if that works out or not. Most of their drafts in the past have worked out, although, last year really wasn't one of their best. They'll have enough needs to fill, so let's hope they pick their guys wisely in this upcoming draft.

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboyszone reporting a rumor the the Dallas Cowboys may take an offensive lineman in the first round.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I'm taking that for sarcasm. Oftentimes, they'll draft for need -- and that where and when they can get into trouble. I'm hoping they take the best player available to fill their needs but it's anyone's guess if that works out or not. Most of their drafts in the past have worked out, although, last year really wasn't one of their best. They'll have enough needs to fill, so let's hope they pick their guys wisely in this upcoming draft.
Sarcasm indeed. Dallas does poor in drafting for need.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Trade out of 1st round and pick up a 2025 first round pick. Dallas will have enough ammo from the extra 1st round pick plus the extra picks from compensation for losing personnel.
Sure, but that does zero for this rumor about the 2024 draft.
Kinda my point.