Twitter: Fish: Should the NFL do something about the hard pylon

cffl2323

Reaction score
But then how would we get those amazing pylon cam shots? Ridiculous there needs to be a camera in the pylon, but we don't have the technology to get a clear view of whether Dak crossed the goal line or not. If only there was a way to have a camera hovering over the goal line, hmm.

Scotman

Reaction score
But then how would we get those amazing pylon cam shots? Ridiculous there needs to be a camera in the pylon, but we don't have the technology to get a clear view of whether Dak crossed the goal line or not. If only there was a way to have a camera hovering over the goal line, hmm.
Get out of here with that science fiction stuff. There's literally no way to suspend a camera from the ceiling with wires or anything.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I remember the pylons always being soft foam with a weight at the bottom when I was a kid

I know there are cameras in them now. But with modern technology. Cameras should be able to be pretty dang small.

so I don’t understand why it’s hard.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that was a typical end zone pylon. It looked like a new first down marker.

The pylon was positioned on a base and the bottom of the pylon looked like it had some type of connector in it and that is the part Elliott's side landed on.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Get out of here with that science fiction stuff. There's literally no way to suspend a camera from the ceiling with wires or anything.

Your actually kinda wrong, or are you kidding? They already have the high roving camera that is suspended with four roof anchored cables.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
It looked like I saw plywood material inside that thing. Bet Zeke’s bruise is huge

Havic

Reaction score
For a league that is all about player safety, you would think the pylon would be soft....