Twitter: Fish: Should the NFL do something about the hard pylon

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember the pylons always being soft foam with a weight at the bottom when I was a kid

I know there are cameras in them now. But with modern technology. Cameras should be able to be pretty dang small.

so I don’t understand why it’s hard.
The batteries take up most of the space...

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
How many injuries has it caused players hit those things all the time? Or did they change the design/materials?

CWR

Reaction score
But then how would we get those amazing pylon cam shots? Ridiculous there needs to be a camera in the pylon, but we don't have the technology to get a clear view of whether Dak crossed the goal line or not. If only there was a way to have a camera hovering over the goal line, hmm.

That overhead view showed his foot an inch from the goal line. A toddlers knowledge of anatomy would lead to the logical conclusion his outstretched arm was two feet over that line. It's less about view and more about incompetence.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I guess I've never paid attention to it, but it was 1st down pylon.

Bonus content: Start at 0:33 and put the playback at 0.5

It sounds like Troy is completely hammered.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I remember the pylons always being soft foam with a weight at the bottom when I was a kid

I know there are cameras in them now. But with modern technology. Cameras should be able to be pretty dang small.

so I don’t understand why it’s hard.
They are small. Somehow Zeke still jams one into his rib. He'll be ok.

Until it happens to at least another player or two, nothing to see here.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No question.......For some reason, I actually thought it was soft sponge-like.

Focus, myopic bloke. Pylon or linemen?

If the pylon, methinks it is laughable that uniformed players involved in a hitting game would cry over a pylon's hardness.
If linemen replacement, let the coaches decide. LOL

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't think that was a typical end zone pylon. It looked like a new first down marker.

The pylon was positioned on a base and the bottom of the pylon looked like it had some type of connector in it and that is the part Elliott's side landed on.
Luckily, Zeke landed on the pylon on a roll of fat, and lard is a good cushion.

Scotman

Reaction score
You're kidding right? You must not have every attended a game in person.. There is a camera suspended on wires for every TV game which moves up and down the field.. It literally can cover pretty much every inch of the field. Including the goal line. The only reason they did not get the correct shot on the play against Philly was that they stopped it from behind the offense when it easily could have moved another 5-10 feet and been directly above the goal line.

Wait.. was this sarcasm.. If so.. my apologies..
Yeah...we were both joking